The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Pro 800
Old 1 day ago
  #871
The 800 was tentatively announced for January 2021, but I have my doubts now. Even the Arp 2600 which is allegedly already being assembled shows up on Thomann as available in 14-16 weeks. I can't believe that the 800 would be faster than that, especially since there have been no factory floor photos yet.
Old 1 day ago
  #872
vlz
Lives for gear
 
vlz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leading Motive View Post
The 800 was tentatively announced for January 2021, but I have my doubts now. Even the Arp 2600 which is allegedly already being assembled shows up on Thomann as available in 14-16 weeks. I can't believe that the 800 would be faster than that, especially since there have been no factory floor photos yet.
I think January is probably the release date, not when it hits the shops. Maybe you need to add 4-6 weeks to it.
Old 18 hours ago
  #873
Gear Nut
 

This will be a great synth, however I wish they did away with the stupid membrane buttons and display and replaced them with an OLED display and a better interface/buttons. The membrane buttons were the worst part of the Prophet 600 and the screen sort of limits you to 100 patches without creative programming.
Old 15 hours ago
  #874
Lives for gear
 
Polymooger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix12x View Post
This will be a great synth, however I wish they did away with the stupid membrane buttons and display and replaced them with an OLED display and a better interface/buttons. The membrane buttons were the worst part of the Prophet 600 and the screen sort of limits you to 100 patches without creative programming.
Not entirely sure what you mean by the last line but the P800 has a larger 4-digit display, if that's relevant.
Old 14 hours ago
  #875
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
Not entirely sure what you mean by the last line but the P800 has a larger 4-digit display, if that's relevant.
Yes, and even with a 3-digit (like on the P6) you can have 999 (or 1000 if 000 is used) patches which is probably enough on this type of machine.
Old 12 hours ago
  #876
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix12x View Post
This will be a great synth, however I wish they did away with the stupid membrane buttons and display and replaced them with an OLED display and a better interface/buttons. The membrane buttons were the worst part of the Prophet 600 and the screen sort of limits you to 100 patches without creative programming.

This links to a wider point that Behr needn't be quite so authentic when making re-boots of old synths. This is a great opportunity to upgrade the naff design of these earlier budget instruments with parts that are now much cheaper to produce.

PPG / Juno buttons would have looked nicer..
Old 10 hours ago
  #877
Lives for gear
i hate touch screens, proper buttons with a noticable feel are much better for me.
Old 8 hours ago
  #878
Lives for gear
 
Jpro600k's Avatar
 

It's scary that there is no sound demonstration at all.
I think it's better to be able to listening the sound firmly.
It's scary that there is no actual sound sample.
Old 8 hours ago
  #879
Lives for gear
 
Vectorman's Avatar
 

Of greater concern to me is whether this will prove to be a reasonably satisfying-sounding alternative to an original Prophet 600. Hopefully, if January is still a realistic time frame for the synth becoming available to order, we might hear a demo or two in the near future.

The market is kind of missing some genuinely impressive-sounding lower-tier analog poly synths. In the '80s, even some of lower-cost synths (Junos, Polysixes, Prophet 600's) still sounded pretty great. Maybe the Pro 800 will be a step in that direction again?
Old 6 hours ago
  #880
Lives for gear
 
Jpro600k's Avatar
 

1.Is this the gligli version from the beginning? G-800?
What is the version number? 2.1? Is it equivalent?

2.Is it just a copy with an increased number of polys?

3.What kind of expansion is being done?

4.How many step can the sequencer record?
Old 5 hours ago
  #881
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
1.Is this the gligli version from the beginning? G-800?
What is the version number? 2.1? Is it equivalent?

2.Is it just a copy with an increased number of polys?

3.What kind of expansion is being done?

4.How many step can the sequencer record?
i am quite sure all these details and more will be answered soon enough

the bloody thing is nowhere bear being out yet
Old 5 hours ago
  #882
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
It's scary that there is no sound demonstration at all.
I think it's better to be able to listening the sound firmly.
It's scary that there is no actual sound sample.
That doesn't bother me. At this point, Berhinger does have some track record of rebuilding old designs, and they have all sounded good. People mau knock the company for this or that, but sonic quality of their recreations doesn't seem to be in dispute.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 209 views: 42085
Avatar for ALESIS-ION
ALESIS-ION 6th December 2016
replies: 77 views: 14112
Avatar for Felipesku
Felipesku 10th June 2020
replies: 2200 views: 191955
Avatar for grantb3
grantb3 1 hour ago
replies: 3912 views: 210519
Avatar for dublave
dublave 1 minute ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump