The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Pro 800
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankraft View Post
I requested a 5 octave keyboard dock on the Behringer FB page a few weeks back, Maybe they might listen.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I requested a 5 octave keyboard dock on the Behringer FB page a few weeks back, Something on the lines of mounting say 2x P800 or P800 and Solina or the like in along with some FX modules.... Maybe they might listen.
Yes, it would make a lot of sense. Lets hope Uli reads our comments. He does seem to take in what people suggest. Over to you Uli
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
He does seem to take in what people suggest.
except the ones from the BDS brigade to go fornicate with himself
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
Yes, it would make a lot of sense. Lets hope Uli reads our comments. He does seem to take in what people suggest. Over to you Uli
Well lets see, They are currently throwing ideas around about euro rack FX (starting for the whopping price of $29)so it's certainly a pos. They do listen too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Well lets see, They are currently throwing ideas around about euro rack FX (starting for the whopping price of $29)so it's certainly a pos. They do listen too.
BEmulator rack/desktop please
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, regarding eurorack, there's an opening for CV/gate keyboards. I was on the market for something like this to drive the system 55 modules, but all I could find was the arturia minikeys keyboards, and two Behr synths (MS1 and Odyssey). So I got an Odyssey

But if they could do something like a three octave keyboard controller with CV/gate for around 150, it could be very popular.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I requested a 5 octave keyboard dock on the Behringer FB page a few weeks back, Something on the lines of mounting say 2x P800 or P800 and Solina or the like in along with some FX modules.... Maybe they might listen.
Yeah, that should have been an up front design goal. All these ended up being eurorack modules; make a 3,4,5 octave 'carriers' with a eurorack module cutout. Sure add a couple for the tinkering crowd. But this and a can of spray paint would have probably made everyone happy.

Even an 8 voice poly or digital synth would fit this model. Even, make it all midi on the inside - anybodies eruorack module will work!

That was a great idea. Too bad they never had it... still... it's all really just sheet metal away for most of it :-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
It would make a lot of sense for US for Behringer to make this.
It would make little sense for them.
They dont want you guys to decide they dont need their big 5/6 octave synths after all and all you want is 1 controller keyboard and a bunch of much cheaper modules to slot into it.

Already, Uli would rather you bought his £750 Poly D over his £250 D module.
Likewise, in future, they'd like to sell you UB-Xa, DS-80 Behrupiter 8, Berhophet 5, etc - full synths - at a grand+ a piece - not just "Behringer £250 multi module controller system" and a bunch of sub £500 modules....

Lets say they make J8, OB-XA and CS80 clones - each at £1000.
They also do these in rack module form for £500.
Most of you would buy the latter.
Behringer are going to make approximately HALF the profit on the modules, multiply that by say, 50,000 total units for all 3, that's a lot of money...

I bet if they actually do modules, each time it will only be over a year after they made the full sized synth version, so as they can sell both...
Note how the D12 desktop came out about a year later than the synth, that's a deliberate strategy.

Yes, they are bringing us the clones and cheaper than anyone else would do, but they are not a charity and they are still looking to maximise profits, not do us a favour.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeGee View Post
It would make a lot of sense for US for Behringer to make this.
It would make little sense for them.
They dont want you guys to decide they dont need their big 5/6 octave synths after all and all you want is 1 controller keyboard and a bunch of much cheaper modules to slot into it.

Already, Uli would rather you bought his £750 Poly D over his £250 D module.
Likewise, in future, they'd like to sell you UB-Xa, DS-80 Behrupiter 8, Berhophet 5, etc - full synths - at a grand+ a piece - not just "Behringer £250 multi module controller system" and a bunch of sub £500 modules....

Behringer are going to make approximately HALF the profit on the modules, multiply that by say, 50,000 total units for all 3, that's a lot of money...

I bet if they actually do modules, each time it will only be over a year after they made the full sized synth version, so as they can sell both...
Note how the D12 desktop came out about a year later than the synth, that's a deliberate strategy.

Yes, they are bringing us the clones and cheaper than anyone else would do, but they are not a charity and they are still looking to maximise profits, not do us a favour.
I bought the Boog and when the Poly D came out I sold the Boot and bought the Poly D. If I knew that they would release the Poly D I would never bought the Boog.

They didn't release a module version of the MonoPoly, only the keyboard version. It makes sense since they said that their keyboards sell more than modules.

I won't be getting Pro 800 unless they do a keyboard with 5 octaves. Their vocoder with a 3 octave keyboard is a bummer, if they used the DP12 chassis it would be an instant buy.

They have a trademark for a synth which they called the Proton. I think this is a Neutron in a Poly D format. I wish they done more poly synths instead of mono synths.

I totally agree with you, some people act like Uli is robinhood but to be honest he's doing it for profits because he knew there is this huge gap in the synth market. They can sell their gear cheap because they manufacture everything themselves and they clone stuff which is cheaper than designing something from scratch.

I really want to see them doing an original poly synth something that can compete with the Prologue 16. I'm very sure Behringer can do it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumidi View Post
They have a trademark for a synth which they called the Proton. I think this is a Neutron in a Poly D format.
Someone call the police... Uli's going to kill Grandmother, the Matriarch of the family
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiedotwtf View Post
Someone call the police... Uli's going to kill Grandmother, the Matriarch of the family
A while ago they were asking people on facebook to name their new "better than the Neutron" semi modular monosynth - it then went quiet.
Maybe this is it?

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed by the verbal description they gave - it basically sounded like they'd stuck a Crave inside the Neutron and called it all new best ever Behringer semi-modular...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I don't need another synth but I'm very interested in this one.
I say this about 10 times a day
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
To be honest I wasn't overly impressed by the verbal description they gave - it basically sounded like they'd stuck a Crave inside the Neutron and called it all new best ever Behringer semi-modular...
The Neutron would have been an insta-buy for me if it was a ladder. I know you can just patch it to a crave, but the Crave is a weird shape that doesn't stack in a multi-tier stand (or Eurorack case), and although the D does stack well, it's not the same length as the Neutron and so doesn't sit well in a multi-tier stand (though it does fit in a Eurorack case).
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I don’t use FB very much so I totally missed this, but I’d love to see a link or quote of their exact description. (Or maybe there is a thread for it here on GS?)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
The Neutron would have been an insta-buy for me if it was a ladder. I know you can just patch it to a crave, but the Crave is a weird shape that doesn't stack in a multi-tier stand (or Eurorack case), and although the D does stack well, it's not the same length as the Neutron and so doesn't sit well in a multi-tier stand (though it does fit in a Eurorack case).
For the price it’s a no-brainer, ladder or not.

Personally I quite like the Neutron’s “Moffat” filter - as 12 dB filters go it’s more phat than a Steiner Parker “Brute” filter, smoother than an MS20 rev1, more squelchy than a SEM, and much more rude than a Yamaha CS.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Seems to be a lot of half made synths and empty promises of late..

Monopoly
Arp 2600
Pro 800
OBXA
TD9

etc etc..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Monopoly
Arp 2600
Pro 800
OBXA
TD9

etc etc..

thanks, now please leave thread
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by redloheb View Post

thanks, now please leave thread
BDS
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, what ever happened to the MonoPoly? Was is a mirage? A fever dream I had in the Spring? You guys saw that video, too, right?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffybox View Post
Yeah, what ever happened to the MonoPoly? Was is a mirage? A fever dream I had in the Spring? You guys saw that video, too, right?
We also saw 2 Million deaths by COVID-19. Lockdowns happened, supply chains disrupted, shipping lines halted. The fact that the RD-6 came out about 2 weeks ago shows that it's slowly starting to ramp up again.

Let's not rehash the same discussion over and over and over again.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We also saw 2 Million deaths by COVID-19. Lockdowns happened, supply chains disrupted, shipping lines halted. The fact that the RD-6 came out about 2 weeks ago shows that it's slowly starting to ramp up again.

Let's not rehash the same discussion over and over and over again.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Behringer are going to make approximately HALF the profit on the modules, multiply that by say, 50,000 total.
You are forgetting about the sales they lose out on to people that don't have space for more keys but can free up some rack space. Most people I know with the sort of home studio that are interested in their budget recreations of classic synths don't exactly have loads of free space.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitChamber View Post
You are forgetting about the sales they lose out on to people that don't have space for more keys but can free up some rack space. Most people I know with the sort of home studio that are interested in their budget recreations of classic synths don't exactly have loads of free space.
but they are not losing the sale of the hardcore "rack only" buyer, it's just delayed until the rack/desktop version comes out.

it makes more sense business wise to release the keyboard versions first so to capture the section of the market that would prefer a rack version but lacks patience and will impulse buy the keyboard version to satisfy their gas. Since there is no real competition that could steal sales from Behringer as a direct result of the delayed release of the rack versions, the losses with this strategy are insignificant compared to the return.

Big companies have these things down to a science. They have entire departments or entire separate companies whose only job is to crunch data and spit out the optimal course of action. It sucks when what you want is delayed or put on the chopping block but that's the game.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:

IMHO If you can only afford the module version of each polysynth you probably will eventually be able to get them, approx a year after the original full synth units have been out.
That seems to be the modus operandi...

EDIT: Except for the DS80 (CS80 clone) what would be the point of making a module of that with out its main features of Poly AT keyboard and ribbon controller - that one might not be released as a module at all...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
I don’t use FB very much so I totally missed this, but I’d love to see a link or quote of their exact description. (Or maybe there is a thread for it here on GS?)
Can't find it anymore.
I am partially blocked by the mighty B for complaining about the lack of materialization of the UB-XA...so can't see everything...
It is referenced here, on GS, in a thread called "Behringer Proton" started by VLZ.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't find it anymore.
I am partially blocked by the mighty B for complaining about the lack of materialization of the UB-XA...so can't see everything...
It is referenced here, on GS, in a thread called "Behringer Proton" started by VLZ.
I stopped following the FB group as it's so hard to find stuff after a couple of days. Plus FB is also really annoying. And more "evil" than Behringer ever could hope to be
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

Monopoly
Arp 2600
Pro 800
OBXA
TD9

etc etc..
No promises were made. They've just given early looks at prototypes. The only item out of those that has a date is the Pro 800 which they said is January.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Again if they could have this polychain off a Prophet 600 to add more voices, 600 owners will have a good reason to purchase it. I would for sure. If not I couldn’t see myself running out to get one. There’s a lot of 600 owners out there fwiw.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
They lose nothing, they posted on their fb page that standalone keyboards outsell modules. 90% keys 10% modules. Space complainers are just a tiny fraction of the market. Some synths can't be manufactured in a module according to Uli. I'm glad the UBXa and the DS80 are 5 octave keyboards.

Having an octave change button on a 4 octave keyboard is the most impractical function you can have on a keyboard if you're playing with both hands. Because once you hit that octave button to increase the octave it will increase everything, including the bassline you're playing. I have no idea why they even bother with 4 octave keyboards. Especially on a synth that has split option like the PPG Wave, that's a huge epic fail on Behringers side.

I really wonder how much space you'll save with a 4 octave keyboard.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Again if they could have this polychain off a Prophet 600 to add more voices, 600 owners will have a good reason to purchase it. I would for sure. If not I couldn’t see myself running out to get one. There’s a lot of 600 owners out there fwiw.
How many P600 owners are out there, approx?
Can't remember if I've seen sales figures from 1982 onwards or not, but I'd always assumed that this was a flop from a commercial POV as it came out just before the DX7?
📝 Reply