The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I just purchased a KORG TRIDENT MK1
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post

Yea Flat those Poly 61-Monoploy-Polysix key beds are total naff.
Had to refurb them in my Poly 61.
Poly-61 was my first synth back in 1985/86, along with a Casio CZ101
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post

Jupiter 4 battery not unknown to spill it gut's either but is situated in a better place.

Recently replaced the original battery for CR2032 plus holder in my Juno 60.
My Poly 61 also been done.

Super easy job too.

Yea Flat those Poly 61-Monoploy-Polysix key beds are total naff.
Had to refurb them in my Poly 61.

Jupiter 4 usually just get away with a clean.
To be fair though, Roland have had some dodgy keybeds too: Roland JD-800 sticky keys service / repair
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
To be fair though, Roland have had some dodgy keybeds too: Roland JD-800 sticky keys service / repair
These Jupiter 4 type key's are renown for double triggering.

Mega thread that of yours dude ..well impressed !
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Tridents keys are very nice. Quite a contrast to the rubbish ones on the Polysix.

Best weighted synth action I have ever played however was on another vintage Korg. The EPS-1. The keys are sublime. (shame it has no midi. Would be my master keyboard if it had).

On the subject of build quality, @ pppch , my recent Jupiter 6 is indeed built like a tank ...to a degree. The sliders and knobs are utter crap (Same on vintage VA JP8080). However, the ones on my JDXA are in a different league. Lovely resistance and feel. Shame the chassis feels so cheap.
I know that the faders from the jp6 can have korg quality, but that's not always the case. with mine they are original and work well.

Quote:
sure .. i'm talking about the jp8 keyboard .. no idea what that is exactly, but seems to be stable in the long term
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
I know that the faders from the pj6 can have korg quality, but that's not always the case. with mine they are original and work well.
They are well made, they are just very slack. They were like that from new as I played a nearly new one back in the 80s and it was the same. Almost zero resistance. The JP8080 is the same. I like a bit of resistance. I'm no Vader.

Also I'm not sure I agree with your vintage Roland>Korg build quality opinion. My old Sigma was way better built than my SH-09. It was a thing of beauty and very solid. I think the Lambda is the same to.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
They are well made, they are just very slack. They were like that from new as I played a nearly new one back in the 80s and it was the same. Almost zero resistance. The JP8080 is the same. I like a bit of resistance. I'm no Vader.

Also I'm not so sure about your vintage Roland>Korg build quality. My old Sigma was way better built than my SH-09. It was a thing of beauty and very solid. I think the Lambda is the same to.
you have to take fader brake oil that helps.
i wonder if the chain of suppliers was the same back then .. korg was taken care of by yamaha and roland?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Tridents keys are very nice. Quite a contrast to the rubbish ones on the Polysix.

Best weighted synth action I have ever played however was on another vintage Korg. The EPS-1. The keys are sublime. (shame it has no midi. Would be my master keyboard if it had).

On the subject of build quality, @ pppch , my recent Jupiter 6 is indeed built like a tank ...to a degree. The sliders and knobs are utter crap (Same on vintage VA JP8080). However, the ones on my JDXA are in a different league. Lovely resistance and feel. Shame the chassis feels so cheap.
Polysix worst keybed of all

Trying to fix it up was a nightmare
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's a known problem with the JD800, that's why if one comes up it's likely dodgy and shouldn't be touched. It's a shame because they have a great UI.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
It's a known problem with the JD800, that's why if one comes up it's likely dodgy and shouldn't be touched. It's a shame because they have a great UI.
I know . That's why I did that in depth thread all those years ago.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

Has anoyone tried out patch 62 Stargazer on the Full Bucket TRICENT MK3 VST?

That is the first softsynth patch to totally floor me. Just wow.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

If anyone is having any quarantine Trident lust, I am looking to sell or trade my MKII that comes with a like new MS-04 modulation pedal. I really love the sound and would happily keep for the polysynth alone, but it doesn't quite fit with my productions.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

One of a very very few bands that I remember who used the mighty Trident. I love Korg but I think they were targeting the JP-8 and the Trident was not as good. My fave in these big analogs of that day is the Synthex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9kRUjWhOYc
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc View Post
One of a very very few bands that I remember who used the mighty Trident. I love Korg but I think they were targeting the JP-8 and the Trident was not as good. My fave in these big analogs of that day is the Synthex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9kRUjWhOYc

synthex is hybrid..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have to politely disagree with you there. One of the more diverse demos exploring the Tridents more mysterious atmospheric possibilities.

I like it.

Dude, I respect you very much, but cannot agree with you. It's over-compressed to death and sounds like a cheap VST crap.
That's how the real deal Trident demo should sound -

Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneySheldon View Post
It's over-compressed to death
"Korg Trident MkI (1980) Youtube Demo" does not contain *any* dynamic compression whatsoever.

Here you go: Korg_Trident_MkI_(1980).png

Last edited by Don Solaris; 1 day ago at 10:19 PM.. Reason: not worth it...
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
"Korg Trident MkI (1980) Youtube Demo" does not contain *any* dynamic compression whatsoever.

Here you go: Korg_Trident_MkI_(1980).png

'over-compressed to death' go check your ears. See if something can be done. And one day your YouTube demos might end up at the top of the search results page, rather than at the bottom where they currently reside.

Don, you're acting like a clown, and that is very sad. Actually, all your demos sound crappy, and, that means only one thing, you have a crappy gear in your recording path, or you over-processing all your demos afterwards, with some crappy VSTs inside the box/
Or, you just deaf, that is, by the way, quite likely.
Also,I would advise you to buy some good monitors.

ps-I don't do youtube demos, I don't have time for that.Only nerdy losers do that.(imho)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc View Post
I love Korg but I think they were targeting the JP-8 and the Trident was not as good.
Hmmm, no I don't think they were targeting the JP8 at all. Its a very very different instrument. The Polysix and Juno were very much competitors though.

Trident not as good? Debatable.

I have had both and honestly preferred the Trident. Limited as it is, its core SSM flavour is gorgeous.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmmm, no I don't think they were targeting the JP8 at all. Its a very very different instrument. The Polysix and Juno were very much competitors though.

Trident not as good? Debatable.

I have had both and honestly preferred the Trident. Limited as it is, its core SSM flavour is gorgeous.
Yep. Both very different both very good.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don, you're acting like a clown
No, you are.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Don, you're acting like a clown, and that is very sad.
LOL. Going after me wont change the fact the Trident demo does not use any compression. Something you boldly claimed just few posts ago, which was easily proven to be incorrect. Faced with the fact now you suddenly switch the subject. The track is no longer "over-compressed to death" but instead the track was made on a "sh1tty" gear. Well i got some good news for you on that subject as well, but more on that later in the text.

If you took 10 seconds to read the intro it states: "To ensure full raw tone, recorded straight off the machine thru 3 individual outs. Demo was made WITHOUT ANY external effect, compressors and other garbage!" -end quote

This demo deliberately uses *no* EQ and *no* compression. Why? Because I dislike when people do that. It's misleading, annoying, and above all kills the dynamic range and thus original sound of the device. I deliberately wanted to show the RAW sound of Trident as it is. If you read description you would know this is *not* a single Trident recording but 8 Trident recordings overdubbed on top of each other. So yeah, technically speaking single Trident does not sound like that. That part you got right! But if you took just 10 seconds to read the intro, you would have known all that. Therefore I really see no point acting silly and then trash talking when all of this info is clearly disclosed in the first 10 seconds of the vid.

Quote:
Actually, all your demos sound crappy, and, that means only one thing, you have a crappy gear in your recording path, or you over-processing all your demos afterwards, with some crappy VSTs inside the box/
Recording path: Korg Trident MkI -> 2x0,35mm2 double shielded microphone cable -> RME Converters

These are the speakers where i verify most of my demos: studio.jpg
And these are "a few" releases from this studio: releases.url

Anyway i will talk with the owner next week and ask him if he plans to "upgrade" on the monitors. Any particular brand you would recommend?

Last edited by Don Solaris; 22 hours ago at 11:41 AM.. Reason: meh... not worth it
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don, you're acting like a clown... your demos sound crappy... you have a crappy gear... you over-processing all your demos... you just deaf... buy some good monitors.

ps-I don't do youtube demos, I don't have time for that.Only nerdy losers do that.(imho)
It’s official: April Fool’s Day has been extended to cover the entire month. Everyone, enjoy April Fool’s Month.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
LOL. Going after me wont change the fact the Trident demo does not use any compression. Something you boldly claimed just few posts ago, which was easily proven to be incorrect. Faced with the fact now you suddenly switch the subject. The track is no longer "over-compressed to death" but instead the track was made on a "sh1tty" gear. Well i got some good news for you on that subject as well, but more on that later in the text.

If you took 10 seconds to read the intro it states: "To ensure full raw tone, recorded straight off the machine thru 3 individual outs. Demo was made WITHOUT ANY external effect, compressors and other garbage!" -end quote

This demo deliberately uses *no* EQ and *no* compression. Why? Because I dislike when people do that. It's misleading, annoying, and above all kills the dynamic range and thus original sound of the device. I deliberately wanted to show the RAW sound of Trident as it is. If you read description you would know this is *not* a single Trident recording but 8 Trident recordings overdubbed on top of each other. So yeah, technically speaking single Trident does not sound like that. That part you got right! But if you took just 10 seconds to read the intro, you would have known all that. Therefore I really see no point acting silly and then trash talking when all of this info is clearly disclosed in the first 10 seconds of the vid.

Recording path: Korg Trident MkI -> 2x0,35mm2 double shielded microphone cable -> RME Converters

These are the speakers where i verify most of my demos: studio.jpg
And these are "a few" releases from this studio: releases.url

Anyway i will talk with the owner next week and ask him if he plans to "upgrade" on the monitors. Any particular brand you would recommend?
Yes you do Pinocchio.

Yes you do: youtube_search.jpg

It is just that for some strange reason they always end up on the bottom of the search results page, loaded with dislikes or not listed at all. I guess it must be because they were recorded on great monitors.
Anyway I rest my case and let others decide who is the clown, who is Pinocchio, and who is both.
Dude,relax. I'm just kidding. You have the best demos eva!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search