The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elektron Model:Cycles
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Nut

Elektron Model:Cycles

Looks like it'll be out on the 26th.

https://www.elektronauts.com/news/505

Is it a model drum synth thingy like an Elektron volca drum?
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

they'd be fools not to use the machinedrum engine in something new. however, i feel like they should stick it in a digi style chassis so you get more features. though the model thing has more knobs so more instant. who the hell knows. i hate bs teaser campaigns. just release the damn thing and save us all the marketing hype crap. same goes for every other company. nobody is curious about anything. put it out, stop wasting time and energy
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

What’s it going to be, a Model: Drums or Digidrum? Are they going to go budget route with lots of knobs, or midrange with the typical Elektron page interface?
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

They've sampled the Volca Drum?
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Maniac

I'm not sure I actually hear multiple drums playing at once, an analog synth voice with pitch envelopes and a lot of mod lanes could also make those kinds of sounds, a bit like the Moog DFAM - Elektron Analog One?
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

The Samples box has been discounted for awhile, maybe a mk2.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
The Samples box has been discounted for awhile, maybe a mk2.
Where do you get your info that it's discontinued? Readily available for sale. Just a price drop (cause probably people weren't willing to spend that much on a plastic box with only 1 midi adapter provided)
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
Where do you get your info that it's discontinued? Readily available for sale. Just a price drop (cause probably people weren't willing to spend that much on a plastic box with only 1 midi adapter provided)
Discounted not discontinued.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Discount =/= discontinued
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Following
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

I’d guess either one expensive box or two cheap boxes.

Expensive has overbridge
Cheap ones with usb audio
Whatever it is has typical elektron sequencer and hopefully less buggy firmware than the last device ( they’re improving )
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Nut

I’ll wait for the mk2 version released in 12 months.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear
Cheap drum machine would be great! !
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Model:Beats

Or something else found here: https://www.trademarkia.com/ctm/ctm-...*8237-page-1-2
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear
Model:Garbage
Old 21st February 2020
PES
Lives for gear

Teaser campaigns are so 2010s. I won’t even watch that video.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

This one has song mode, but that mode can only be used every other Thursday, and the unit won’t power on at all from 10pm to 6am.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
*discounted* is what I said...

But *discontinued* is definitely no stranger to any products that get significantly *discounted*, can often speculate that a refresh is down the pipe (or indeed, just going to drop the product entirely).

Also, people seem to willingly pay dearly for other “shortcomings” with Elektron boxes so I disagree that “1 midi adapter” is the biggest thing that’s wrong with a box that is sold as a sampler.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Ok guys i get that i misread that post.

I think the current 299 price for it is ok. What it should be. 1 adapter is bs though. It really is a bean counter product. But they know their market i guess and 2ill squeeze every penny out of ppl. I'm nit a hater, i own 2 of their devices but they all have many shortcomings. Don't expect this new one to be any different. If it is a model whatever than i hope they bring it to the market at 300 bucks. 450 for that build quality is stupid.
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Maniac

I mean it says get ready to meet the "Machines" so...

If it's monomachine & machinedrum mk2 or even repurposed into the "digi" form-factor mind blown!
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Guru

If they dropped the bollox and just released a machine drum and MnM in a package or as single boxes with more processing and fx they'd be gods again, if course this would require all the I/o and sequencing of the OG

They've done their stupid moves now and that samples thing is a stain on their name IMO and the ridiculous price of the keys version of the Digitone makes a mockery of the OG MnM , strange moves.

They need to knuckle down and provide something serious IMO
Old 22nd February 2020
I would love an I/O-laden mk3 monomachinedrum thing with a thick-ass manual... But can they get away with that today?

I wonder which way this is gonna go.

Last edited by betteroffted; 22nd February 2020 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 22nd February 2020
Lives for gear

Given the last 5+ years of releases, I think at this point they’re too stupid to give people what they want, so I’m going to say no.

But I agree an updated monomachine/machinedrum combo would kill it.

They could even sell it for $1999 and people would pay it. Just provide everything the last versions did but more of it. More voices, machines, sampling room, higher quality everything.
Old 22nd February 2020
Kja
Lives for gear
The new polyend sampler sounds absolutely epic so far, so they better bring it.. I'm thinking I might dump my digitakt for the new polyend if it turns out as good as it sounds.. I'm kinda over elektron and akai.. i wanna support the little guys from now on.
Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Guru

hope its really tiny with miniature faders, lots of flashing lights and tiny knobs and buttons. I also hope the fonts are really really small and can't be read in low light as they blend into the background colour of the unit. Also hope it has minijack MIDI and USB power only, and I seriously hope the don't forget to make it totally flat with one of those glorious tiny LCD screens, that would all really make it stand out from the crowd.
Old 22nd February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja View Post
The new polyend sampler sounds absolutely epic so far, so they better bring it.. I'm thinking I might dump my digitakt for the new polyend if it turns out as good as it sounds.. I'm kinda over elektron and akai.. i wanna support the little guys from now on.

Ive never had elektron or akai , but the new polyend pulled me in , I would like new approaches , a nice Granular Sampler looks like a big Jogdial and fat Drum Pads inn the polyend
Old 22nd February 2020
Kja
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
Ive never had elektron or akai , but the new polyend pulled me in , I would like new approaches , a nice Granular Sampler looks like a big Jogdial and fat Drum Pads inn the polyend
It sounds like the jogwheel is changing the pitch, like maybe some kind of variphase technology.. whatever it is, it sounds really really good.. I'm really excited to learn more!!
Old 22nd February 2020
Lives for gear

Getting Pee Wee's Playhouse vibes from that video

Or maybe Big Time by Peter Gabriel

Old 22nd February 2020
Lives for gear

As a longtime Elektron user (well at least from the MDUW MKII and owning nearly everything they’ve done in one form or another), I’m going to speculate that it’s a Physical Modeling drum machine designed to compliment the Model: Samples. The sounds in the teaser definitely suggest PM a la the MD to me, and it would make sense given that in the last few years they’ve released the Digitone and a couple different sample based “drum” things with the modern Elektron sequencer...a simplified PM “Model” combined with something like a Digitone and Digitakt/Model: Samples/Rytm would fill the gap for a lot of people requesting a new MDUW/MNM, and from a marketing standpoint (which I’m sad to say does seem to drive a lot of their choices in recent years) is a much easier add on sale than trying to get people to spend $1300k+ (or $1700k, which is what I paid for the MNM and MDUW respectively before they dropped prices dramatically prior to discontinuation) for a single machine.

I could be wrong, of course. That said, I do feel like I have a pretty good handle on Elektron’s approach to things, and will note that when I hung out with the Elektron folks at NAMM 2016 I predicted the Analog Heat to a T, which Cenk later confirmed I was correct about on Elektronauts once it was announced. Again, I could be wrong. I often am. But to my own credit, I’ve been pretty good at predicting Elektron’s next move (beyond just that anecdote, but I don’t think it’s worth detailing every time I was right or close), so I won’t be surprised, and I think it would make sense for Elektron seeing how well something like the Volca Drum has done and how they’d already done R&D for PM in something like the MD.
Old 22nd February 2020
Lives for gear
That sounds like a child's toy
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search