The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC 4000 Fanatics Club.
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense_A View Post
I was interested if you layout the drums in a similar pattern on the pads.
not at all, most of the times i make a kit with only (16) BD in pad bank A, (16) SD in bank B etc

Last edited by wavejockey; 27th June 2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

Old 27th June 2020
^^^OH F*CK NO
Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

Old 27th June 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post

Who Owns that MPC???

Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs

Old 27th June 2020
Gear Head

What the hell? I would be terrified to make beats on that. On the other hand, I bet there's a real human element to the swing with that one.
Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dieppe View Post
Who Owns that MPC???

Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs

I was thinking The Evil Dead...
Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

Did some digging and come up with all the specs for the LED's & resistors
associated with them.
What I'm trying to figure out is if I can install all of the LED's in the last chart.
Or would I need to change resistors as well.

Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

Old 28th June 2020
Quote:

that ish looks like my screen, lol. I've literally spent all my time modding this machine since I've got it, never done that with any instrument in my life. I need to change that soon. Good luck in the LED quest, you're way over my head on that one.
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

I bought a hub that doesn't work with my front midi port. Is there a specific type that I need?
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

Ive just bought a Pioneer SP16 and will be doing shoots outs with the MPC4000 and MPC 2.8 SW
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I bought a hub that doesn't work with my front midi port. Is there a specific type that I need?
Non powered 4 port USB hubs should work, something like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingwin-MacBo...tronics&sr=1-5

Last edited by NEXUS-6; 2nd July 2020 at 04:42 PM..
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

Kmsl!!! @ the skin skinned MPC. Eww...
Old 29th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Non powered 4 port USB hubs should work, something like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Extende...ZPB4BB25HBDRMV
That's the one that isn't working for me.
I'm thinking a powered hub would be better for a keyboard and a few USB drives. I can't get this one to work with anything.

I'm going to make a stand to place my sound modules over the back of my 4k. I might as well add a section to hold a hub and keyboard.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 29th June 2020 at 01:42 AM..
Old 29th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
David Cronenberg Edition?
Old 29th June 2020
Gear Nut
Roland - Releases HUMAN rhythm composer.

Akai - Hold my beer
Old 30th June 2020
Quote:

Man, that looks gorgeous!!
Old 30th June 2020
Quote:

Dam screen is next...
Congrats on the USB hub!
Old 30th June 2020
Gear Maniac

I know this is the MPC4K club,but wondered if it would be possible to fit a USB hub in the Roland MV8800 in place of the Cd drive??

I don't really have electronics experience but would be interested to know if this was possible user wise without too much solder work,I'd be happy to mod mine

I find the addition of the USB port of the 4k A Real bonus and quick and easy transfers of data,I'd love to have a USB port mod on the MV8800 because thats one of the things that really annoys me about it having to hook it up to a computer to drag in and out files,because its a slog to back the Hard Drive up

The MV8000 had the Floppy drive so surely it shouldnt be too hard to replace the Cd Drive for a USB drive or at least maybe a CF drive or other removable media!
Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know this is the MPC4K club,but wondered if it would be possible to fit a USB hub in the Roland MV8800 in place of the Cd drive??

I don't really have electronics experience but would be interested to know if this was possible user wise without too much solder work,I'd be happy to mod mine

I find the addition of the USB port of the 4k A Real bonus and quick and easy transfers of data,I'd love to have a USB port mod on the MV8800 because thats one of the things that really annoys me about it having to hook it up to a computer to drag in and out files,because its a slog to back the Hard Drive up

The MV8000 had the Floppy drive so surely it shouldnt be too hard to replace the Cd Drive for a USB drive or at least maybe a CF drive or other removable media!
Does the MV8800 have a USB port?
Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

You could install a CF reader, I dont think a USB hub would work though.
Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize_organizer View Post
Congrats on the USB hub!
Thanks man!
Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

I wonder how they did the pads like that?

Never mind it's just a decal..
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Does the MV8800 have a USB port?

Yes it does,a USB 2.0 Female socket but its for file transfer only to/From a computer.

I'd just like to modify the MV to have a Male USB connector or drive hub for plugging in Thumb Drives,so I'm not reliant on a computer for File transfers,I have a USB thumb drive with all my MV data on,sadly its a painstaking task to transfer the data via the Computer and then into the MV,for some of my larger files it takes ages to get a project transferred into the MV drive.

I'd just like the ability like I Have on the 4K to plug in a Thumb drive and access the files direct from there rather than reliant on the Hard drive/Computer method.
Old 1st July 2020
Hey gang,
I'm currently replacing the pad sensor and as the MPCstuff YT video uses an MPC2000 as an example, I'd appreciate some 4k-specific advice.
it seems that the 2k has a pad sensor connector that slides forward and backward to secure the pad ribbon. I can't seem to have that on my 4k, is that normal/standard?
How is the ribbon kept in place, then?

Thanks for your help!
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Nut

Just bought a MPC 4000 for the second time! I think this time I'm experienced and old enough to use more features than 15+ years ago when I first bought one. On the lookout for an ADAT expansion and Word Clock expansion.
Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize_organizer View Post
Hey gang,
I'm currently replacing the pad sensor and as the MPCstuff YT video uses an MPC2000 as an example, I'd appreciate some 4k-specific advice.
it seems that the 2k has a pad sensor connector that slides forward and backward to secure the pad ribbon. I can't seem to have that on my 4k, is that normal/standard?
How is the ribbon kept in place, then?

Thanks for your help!
Just did this myself..

First you remove the old one, you will notice a clear thin piece of plastic attached to the cable where it connects to the 4k with a sticky residue.
carefully remove that piece from the old cable you need that.
Also remove the plastic bar from the backing plate.
Then line up the old ribbon cable with the new one measure it and cut it to the same length.
Clean the sensor backing plate well removing all the residue, then with alcohol.

Now line up the new sensor sheet on the metal backing plate making sure the holes line up. Dont not screw down the backing plate yet.

Reattach the sticky plastic part to the cable on the same side you took it off from.
Take a flashlight to look into the connector to see where the cable gos, now holding the plastic part that is attached to the cable push it in.
If at first it seems like it wont go in push harder until it slides right in.

Reattach the plastic bar & test the pads.

Here is a video from MPC Stuff.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear