The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..

I just opened up the front panel,

Unscrewed, broken midi board taken out, but not fully.
I am not totally sure, how I can unplug the white ribbon cable thing...?

Is it pullable...? or is it soldered...?

I really do not want to break it, so... I just wanted to make sure
everything is all taken account.

I have a new midi board for Juno 106, already with plugged in ribbon
cable with 2 mini ones out.

I wonder if I could, just unplug the old midi board's ribbon cable,
and just replace the board so I don't have to cut all the binding rubber bands etc?

OR if the cable is soldered... then I guess I have cut the bands, and replace the whole thing including the ribbon cable...

But yea, I'm stuck at the taking-out-ribbon-cable stage....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I replied to your other thread.

If the cable is soldered to the midi board, you'll have to cut the bands/ties and remove the cable and midi board together, and replace them as a set.

If it's soldered to the other end, you can unplug it from the midi board and just swap the board.

(You could unsolder the cable, but it should be socketed on one end at least, making that unnecessary).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
I replied to your other thread.

If the cable is soldered to the midi board, you'll have to cut the bands/ties and remove the cable and midi board together, and replace them as a set.

If it's soldered to the other end, you can unplug it from the midi board and just swap the board.

(You could unsolder the cable, but it should be socketed on one end at least, making that unnecessary).
How do I know, whether the cable is soldered to the midi board or soldered to the other end...?

Im still confused about this...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If it's soldered it would be a smaller looking "connector" or no connector at all, but the wires or ribbon cable going directly into the board. If it's a connector, you'd see that it can be separated/disconnected. Usually with a notch or guide, maybe a locking clip.

Can you take some good pictures of the midi board and other end of the cable and post them?
Old 1 week ago
I would just unplug it and plug in the new one. Get yourself some little zip ties and put them on where the bands were and snip off the excess
Old 1 week ago
I’ve got one opened up here and tools some flicks. The one with my fingers are pointing to plugs on other end
Attached Thumbnails
About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..-93006731-2877-4118-b617-26d1c78e04a2.jpg   About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..-93ff3e48-5623-4807-8d61-a8c652875625.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
A ha! I see, yes it is well soldered so I need cut the binding bands and replace the whole new midi board with its ribbon cables (one soldered to the board, two 3, 6 pins out).
Attached Thumbnails
About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..-20200215_120408.jpg   About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..-20200215_120423.jpg   About to replace Midi Board for Juno 106... But I got stuck..-20200215_120415.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
If it's soldered it would be a smaller looking "connector" or no connector at all, but the wires or ribbon cable going directly into the board. If it's a connector, you'd see that it can be separated/disconnected. Usually with a notch or guide, maybe a locking clip.

Can you take some good pictures of the midi board and other end of the cable and post them?
I've just uploaded some pics! I really hate to cut the binding bands but, oh well! I just gotta do what I gotta do lol but yea, it is one side soldered and other side 2, small pin cables as usual!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Thanks guys! I've successfully installed it

Now I am looking for a decent patch librarian, possibly vst for faster workflow
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search