The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Factory presets Roland D110
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Factory presets Roland D110

Hi! I have D110. It has only 2 banks of factory tones (A and B with 64 tones each).
How can I get Internal Tone (Factory preset) described in manual (page 130)
http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/p...170.1577602810
I tried to load factory sysex to D110 but nothing changes in preset menu.
Old 1 week ago
ICN
Gear Head

Apologies for links to my own site.. but I had similar difficulty recently & eventually got to the bottom of it.

https://www.subsekt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10638

It's a mad menu system .
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winder View Post
Hi! I have D110. It has only 2 banks of factory tones (A and B with 64 tones each).
How can I get Internal Tone (Factory preset) described in manual (page 130)
http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/p...170.1577602810
I tried to load factory sysex to D110 but nothing changes in preset menu.
trying to remember the fiendish key sequences, but:
with a factory reset, the 1st 'patch' (multi part/channel setup) will have 'part'1 assigned to midichannel 2. assuming you've found that out:

hit 'Timbre' (or 'Edit'>'Timbre'? i forget): you will see that a 'tone' is assigned.
this can come from banks 'a' or 'b' (see prefix of the numbering) or: 'i' (internal), 'r'(rhythm), or 'c' (memory card - roland m256 - )

basically, the way the D-110 is structured:
the 'Patch' is the 8x part multi setup. this can be assigned to any midi channel.
so you can have 1-8 as separate parts, assigned to midi ch 1-8 if you want, and put the Rhythm part (a drumkit) on midi ch 10. or you could have parts 1-4 all on the same midi channel, set up as a 4x split, or as layers, and part 5-8 doing something else. you would then save each setup as a 'Patch'. there are?128? user patches (maybe 64, have to check);

the Rhythm part is its own thing, exists outside of the Patch, ie: doesn't seem to change with each Patch. basically, it's a drumkit layout, and each 'drum' is a
'tone' - this is what the actual sound 'preset' is called on the D-110, where all the voice parameters are saved. a01-a64, b01-b64 are Factory presets. i01-i64 are the user-writable Internal memories. r01-r64 are the 'rhythm' presets, and 'c01-c64' will only be available if a memory card is inserted.
so essentially, you get 64 user sounds, or another 64 if you have a memory card.

'Timbres'. you would think, okay i just assign a 'tone' to a part in the patch/multi, and i can play it. no: you assign 'timbres' to parts. 'what is a timbre?' - well it's like a container for the 'tone', and has its own performance parameters. say, it can have a pitch offset ie: 1octave up. 'tone' selection is also a parameter. so if you put a piano 'tone' there, it will be +1oct, and if you switch it to a synthbass, that will also be +1oct.

so it means you have to save a 'timbre' with your user tone, if you want to assign it to a part in the 'patch'(multi setup).
there are 2 banks of Timbres, A11-88 (64), B11-88(64). you can put any tone from a,b,r,i,c in them, and you can put the same tone in any number of timbres. nb: if you edit that tone, it will change in all the timbres it is in.

so it all happens in the Timbres really, and sometimes it's hard to remember which Timbre to save to, because you cannot name Timbres - you can name Tones.(and Patches?). also, when you want to save your work, you want to save the Patch, but also the Timbre and the Tone - say if you've just made a new Timbre with your new Tone preset, and want to save the Patch to use that sound, you have to remember which Timbre, all with the same Tone name appearing, is the one you need for your new Patch.

should mention that you can copy any partial from a tone within a timbre assigned to a part, to any other tone/timbre/part. a particularly unintuitive operation via front panel. the other one is accessing partial On/Off, both requiring focus and 'D-110 Fu'. good idea to get an editor, it works well with sysex.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
>> ICN, whatever17
thanks for answers. I read that posts and I think I understood D100's structure. But I still can't understand how can I get "Internal Tone" like this: https://www.synthmania.com/D-10.htm (Patch audio demo - A11 Warm Pad
A12 Steam Pad and others).
May be I do something wrong while loading sysex (factory presets from Roland's site) in D110? I use Bome SendSX, change memory protect=off... but nothing change after loading is over. Where are they stored? May be I don't press the right button?
Old 1 week ago
ICN
Gear Head

Hi, not too sure exactly the problem you're having.. but if the sysex went through ok, the patches should be in there.

If that patch is in bank A, you need to press Timbre once (this is Performance mode).

Then press the Group Button once & you're in Bank A.

Press Group a second time & you're in Bank B.

If the sysex goes in, you should see the midi light on the unit blink.. I think. I don't believe that there is a message that comes on the screen afterwards.. everything is there.

I genuinely thought mine was fkd after I'd changed the battery but it was equal parts my own ignorance & the ridiculousness of the menu system. Try it again
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
trying to remember the fiendish key sequences, but:
with a factory reset, the 1st 'patch' (multi part/channel setup) will have 'part'1 assigned to midichannel 2. assuming you've found that out:

hit 'Timbre' (or 'Edit'>'Timbre'? i forget): you will see that a 'tone' is assigned.
this can come from banks 'a' or 'b' (see prefix of the numbering) or: 'i' (internal), 'r'(rhythm), or 'c' (memory card - roland m256 - )

basically, the way the D-110 is structured:
the 'Patch' is the 8x part multi setup. this can be assigned to any midi channel.
so you can have 1-8 as separate parts, assigned to midi ch 1-8 if you want, and put the Rhythm part (a drumkit) on midi ch 10. or you could have parts 1-4 all on the same midi channel, set up as a 4x split, or as layers, and part 5-8 doing something else. you would then save each setup as a 'Patch'. there are?128? user patches (maybe 64, have to check);

the Rhythm part is its own thing, exists outside of the Patch, ie: doesn't seem to change with each Patch. basically, it's a drumkit layout, and each 'drum' is a
'tone' - this is what the actual sound 'preset' is called on the D-110, where all the voice parameters are saved. a01-a64, b01-b64 are Factory presets. i01-i64 are the user-writable Internal memories. r01-r64 are the 'rhythm' presets, and 'c01-c64' will only be available if a memory card is inserted.
so essentially, you get 64 user sounds, or another 64 if you have a memory card.

'Timbres'. you would think, okay i just assign a 'tone' to a part in the patch/multi, and i can play it. no: you assign 'timbres' to parts. 'what is a timbre?' - well it's like a container for the 'tone', and has its own performance parameters. say, it can have a pitch offset ie: 1octave up. 'tone' selection is also a parameter. so if you put a piano 'tone' there, it will be +1oct, and if you switch it to a synthbass, that will also be +1oct.

so it means you have to save a 'timbre' with your user tone, if you want to assign it to a part in the 'patch'(multi setup).
there are 2 banks of Timbres, A11-88 (64), B11-88(64). you can put any tone from a,b,r,i,c in them, and you can put the same tone in any number of timbres. nb: if you edit that tone, it will change in all the timbres it is in.

so it all happens in the Timbres really, and sometimes it's hard to remember which Timbre to save to, because you cannot name Timbres - you can name Tones.(and Patches?). also, when you want to save your work, you want to save the Patch, but also the Timbre and the Tone - say if you've just made a new Timbre with your new Tone preset, and want to save the Patch to use that sound, you have to remember which Timbre, all with the same Tone name appearing, is the one you need for your new Patch.

should mention that you can copy any partial from a tone within a timbre assigned to a part, to any other tone/timbre/part. a particularly unintuitive operation via front panel. the other one is accessing partial On/Off, both requiring focus and 'D-110 Fu'. good idea to get an editor, it works well with sysex.
Somebody once described programming a d110 like painting a hallway via a letterbox. I gave up on mine about 15 years ago.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/D-110_OM.pdf

p11(/136)

see diagram:
Play mode > Timbre Edit
one of the parameters lets you select the Tone featured in that Timbre.
you can select bank (a,b,i,r(,c) ) and number.

so press Exit until you get back to the initial display.
press Timbre
press Edit
you have buttons called Group, Bank, Number. these double for parameter selection up/down.

(p16)

here it is: p19

that's where you select the sound preset(Tone) so it appears in a Timbre. you then call up the Timbre when you are assigning sounds to Parts.
ie: midi keyboard will play the parts as assigned by midi channel. check which Timbre/Part you are hearing. (see p16/17 for assigning part midi channel)

it is notorious for being unintuitive to program.
which it is.

here is a basic Ctrlr panel for it. send only, for sysex parameter data. does not retrieve Tones from the unit.

https://app.box.com/s/5jpixv96pmvsflooxsi49w69jl1iv4tr
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
Ok, I've found them! (when press Timbre > Edit > Bank^). But it looks like the previous owner made changes to them (some cells are empty, some others). So, I decided to inizialize D100 (press write/copy+enter while power up). Ok, general settings recovered, but InternalTones (tembre I group) didn' change (I tried to change name one of them, then initialized, but changed tembre stayed with a changed name)... I think initialization is not complete, or I load sysex not correctly...
Old 6 days ago
ICN
Gear Head

Breakthrough! Good stuff man - you did it

If memory serves me right.. I found that some banks that you DL online had empty slots. It was taking a while for me to get the menu navigation right.. and between that & empty slots, I thought everything was corrupted. It wasn't. Some DL'd banks aren't full.. and some are named badly.

There's a D110 resource page online with all the banks. You've probably seen it & are using what's on it. There's some good stuff on there, but a lot of it stinks

Can be a useful thing to audition these banks & dump out the patches you like. Make your own 'best of..' bank

Last edited by ICN; 6 days ago at 06:56 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
Finally I've done it. There are many sysex in internet for D100 called "factory", but many of them doesn't factory. For example here: http://www.sysexdb.com/synth_detail.aspx?dv=80. But I found sysex with Factory internal tones (maybe someone it will be useful. rename D110.txt to D110.syx )
Attached Files
File Type: txt D110.txt (16.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Winder; 5 days ago at 07:49 AM..
Old 5 days ago
ICN
Gear Head

Good man. We get there eventually
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search