Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
3x Cordial y cables
2x Cordial mini jack cables

Living the dream!
Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 9th February 2020
Gear Addict

New Cordial cables joining my collection of other Cordial cables that I haven't yet used. I'm such a Cordial cable slut.

1 has been in use earlier today copying some Daft Punk samples off the idaft2 app that I found on an old phone
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-cordial-punk.jpg  
Old 9th February 2020
BHW
Gear Addict

Quote:
3x Cordial y cables

Living the dream!
your going strong bro. but you have time dont buy all the stuff at once.
Old 9th February 2020
BHW
Gear Addict

Quote:

New Cordial cables joining my collection of other Cordial cables that I haven't yet used. I'm such a Cordial cable slut.

1 has been in use earlier today copying some Daft Punk samples off the idaft2 app that I found on an old phone

you only need to buy the right gear to plug them onto the cables.
Old 9th February 2020
Lives for gear

The Wavestate arrived a couple days ago and I’ve only had a couple hours with it, but my initial impressions are I won’t be selling my wavestation sr or ex. The wave sequencing functions are super cool yes, but the keys feel horrible, loud, cheap, clunky and feels like crap. (Just my amateur impression). Also I’m very disappointed in the overall sound which I find lacking some magic that the originals had. The best I can compare it to is comparing my former Roland FA-6 to my JV-880 and JD modules (he’ll even my u220). Kind of like comparing an audio file to an MP3 or something as best as I can describe it. It sounds good but not the kind of good I’m used to with it’s older siblings. I’m going to keep it though and mess around with it it is pretty cool. Just wanted to note that it was one of the most exciting pieces of gear I was anticipating to receive and I came away very disappointed overall especially for 799. Oh geez, Have I turned into one of those gearslutz critics now ?!?!
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-3b3ee6d3-f0f2-45fc-bf5c-a43bcc96bacb.jpg  
Old 9th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus000 View Post
the keys feel horrible, loud, cheap, clunky and feels like crap. (Just my amateur impression).
I felt the same about the keys. I liked the sound but I didn't have anything to directly compare it to side by side. Thanks for the review!
Old 9th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
3x Cordial y cables

Living the dream!
Noice

Couple of these on Mono to DC-2W duty...
Old 9th February 2020
Deleted 4fa6934
Quote:
The Wavestate arrived a couple days ago and I’ve only had a couple hours with it, but my initial impressions are I won’t be selling my wavestation sr or ex. The wave sequencing functions are super cool yes, but the keys feel horrible, loud, cheap, clunky and feels like crap. (Just my amateur impression). Also I’m very disappointed in the overall sound which I find lacking some magic that the originals had. The best I can compare it to is comparing my former Roland FA-6 to my JV-880 and JD modules (he’ll even my u220). Kind of like comparing an audio file to an MP3 or something as best as I can describe it. It sounds good but not the kind of good I’m used to with it’s older siblings. I’m going to keep it though and mess around with it it is pretty cool. Just wanted to note that it was one of the most exciting pieces of gear I was anticipating to receive and I came away very disappointed overall especially for 799. Oh geez, Have I turned into one of those gearslutz critics now ?!?!
bummer.. if you have time, I'd be curious to hear recordings of what you're noticing here. none of the demoes gave me that impression on sound quality.
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

And one of these
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-red-thing.jpg  
Old 10th February 2020
Someone in here recommended that I buy an Alesis 3630 for some reason. Then I found a poster here that claims the Yamaha GC2020 makes the 3630 sound good. Then I read elsewhere and confirmed in the schematics that the GC2020 uses a LM13600 OTA for it's gain cell I couldn't help but to be curious....

February 2020 New gear thread-20200209_190145_hdr-1-.jpg

So I rode out and bungeed this dirty filth pig to the back of my motorcycle and brought it home to see if its really the coronavirus of compressors
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-20200209_190145_hdr-1-.jpg  
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
Someone in here recommended that I buy an Alesis 3630 for some reason. Then I found a poster here that claims the Yamaha GC2020 makes the 3630 sound good. Then I read elsewhere and confirmed in the schematics that the GC2020 uses a LM13600 OTA for it's gain cell I couldn't help but to be curious....

So I rode out and bungeed this dirty filth pig to the back of my motorcycle and brought it home to see if its really the coronavirus of compressors
and? turned out? saw one here not long ago. didn't feel compelled tbh.
Old 10th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
and? turned out? saw one here not long ago. didn't feel compelled tbh.
I've only had it for 3 hours. Haven't hooked it up and probably going to recap it and clean it's controls and connectors before I do. If you're not compelled by the power of Christ then buy something else or save up for the next big thing. I don't care either way.
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

3630 Clones.

Heh.

Awesome.
Old 10th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
I know we're going off topic here, but I just wanted to add that I feel the analogue stages that are being fitted to a lot of new digital synths just don't have the same quality of build of the older gear, and it's not about size as racks are small.
D50's , DX7's , Wavestation's etc, the first thing you notice when you plug in a modern day equivalent is the lower output, less refinement and almost 100% of the time the lower frequencies just aren't there, there's always less weight to the sound.
It really doesn't surprise me at all that this new Korg lacks that depth of tone compared to it's 90's counterpart. You really need to sit in front of some nice monitors to appreciate how much nicer most 90's digital sounds compared to some of the new versions from the last 5 years or so.

Moan moan moan !!!! I know lol
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
And one of these
Nice! I have a black one but that shiny red one is beautiful to behold! They're unbelievably heavy for their size and the power supply is almost as big as the speaker. A serious bit if kit for sure - great for checking everything in mono.
Old 10th February 2020
Deleted fb5f73f

Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORCHESTRION View Post
I know we're going off topic here, but I just wanted to add that I feel the analogue stages that are being fitted to a lot of new digital synths just don't have the same quality of build of the older gear, and it's not about size as racks are small.
D50's , DX7's , Wavestation's etc, the first thing you notice when you plug in a modern day equivalent is the lower output, less refinement and almost 100% of the time the lower frequencies just aren't there, there's always less weight to the sound.
It really doesn't surprise me at all that this new Korg lacks that depth of tone compared to it's 90's counterpart. You really need to sit in front of some nice monitors to appreciate how much nicer most 90's digital sounds compared to some of the new versions from the last 5 years or so.

Moan moan moan !!!! I know lol

Well, if anything, it will give me an incentive to contribute even more to the new monthly gear threads if I pick up a Wavestation A/D eventually
Old 10th February 2020
Gear Guru

And now we wait and watch in wonder as the price of 90's romplers flies through the roof.
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
A serious bit if kit for sure - great for checking everything in mono.
Oh yes! It's not even fully broken in yet but I threw up a couple of my mixes in it. I have already spied some eq and phase issues that I wouldn't have otherwise noticed.
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've only had it for 3 hours. Haven't hooked it up and probably going to recap it and clean it's controls and connectors before I do. If you're not compelled by the power of Christ then buy something else or save up for the next big thing. I don't care either way.
would have jumped on it normally (for 69eu ?). but i already have one compressor i haven't even tried, so i thought i'd be a good boy this time. *hence* my poor phrasing
i thought it looked rather exciting but i applied restraint. there was another interesting thing in there that i passed up: a programmable/controllable audio patchbay. good price too. i just thought about what i'd use immediately, and thought no.

could have been a terrible mistake, and now you're going to tell me it's a wonderful compressor.
my thought was: 'another compressor? big/deep?'

Last edited by ibtl; 10th February 2020 at 06:47 PM..
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

gearslutz made me do it!

reading the topic about everyone's dream instruments, i suddenly remembered which piece of electronic percussion used to be my dream instrument back in the days.

and bought it, because i can afford it now.

i like HPD-15 better than modern HPD-20, because there's never too many ribbon controls.

and it will make absolutely killer live combo with MC-707. btw, is this already an ecosystem?

update: WHAT AMAZING SOUNDS!!!
everyone treat it like ethnic percussion machine, but it's much much deeper.

February 2020 New gear thread-img_0493_9x.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-img_0493_9x.jpg  
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Just received the 707 today and it is so much fun. Sampled in some tuned 808’s to a tone track and was making beats in 15 minutes. I still have to figure out a lot of stuff, but it’s great.

It really sounds excellent, and the workflow is extremely intuitive. I haven’t edited or created sounds much at all yet, but there are so many great presets I don’t need to yet. I do wish the sounds you made could be saved as presets, though. I feel the best plan of action may to create a project in clip mode and create a series of drum kits and 808 style bass presets to get me started with a pool to pick from.

Downsides. No song mode and I wish it had a more heavy duty build, like an akai or elektron box. The plastic is quite light and I’m afraid I would break it carrying it around in a bag.

So far, though, the pluses far outweigh the minuses. Tomorrow I’m going to tackle sampling and slicing. As well as importing my own drum sounds, aside from 808’s which I used tones for.

Now... what do I put on the send/return. Zen Delay maybe?
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-79a2668a-5a6d-43d0-88f1-e693846d40b2.jpg  
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaocrator View Post
gearslutz made me do it!

reading the topic about everyone's dream instruments, i suddenly remembered which piece of electronic percussion used to be my dream instrument back in the days.

and bought it, because i can afford it now.

i like HPD-15 better than modern HPD-20, because there's never too many ribbon controls.

and it will make absolutely killer live combo with MC-707. btw, is this already an ecosystem?

update: WHAT AMAZING SOUNDS!!!
everyone treat it like ethnic percussion machine, but it's much much deeper.

Played with a trapset drummer, who used just the HPD15 (first one, then two), and it was pretty dang impressive. Rocked hard!
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

This is an excellent 2-tier keyboard stand with typically solid K&M build-quality: K&M Omega 18810

Extremely fast and easy to assemble and a huge 80kg payload (enough for a Fender Rhodes but not quite a CS80!).

I believe you can add a 3rd tier, but if you prefer actually playing/editing your synths as opposed to just stacking them up to the ceiling for Instagram style-points then 2 tiers is probably just fine.

Obviously the ever-popular on this forum Jaspers have a much wider range and are much more adaptable with a model to suit just about any combo of anything, but I like the understated, ergonomic simplicity of this K&M, also knowing that I only needed it for exactly those two synths.

I probably wouldn't take it out live, as the tear-down involves removing the bolts etc but I don't really think it's designed for that - it's mostly a fixed studio piece. I'll keep the trusty X-stand for live gigs.

I was going to try to cheap-out on a precarious €20 2-tier extension to a standard tubular X-stand to get my CZ101 up there but as always buying quality is generally worth it in the end, even if it costs more at the time. And unlike the cheap stands, the angle of the top tier is highly adjustable, which I find essential for optimal viewing/editing. This stand should last a lifetime.

Note to self: must tidy up those cables!
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-esq.jpg  

Last edited by James Lehmann; 11th February 2020 at 09:59 PM..
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Head

Bought a Behringer Pro-1 and a KeyStep, and I just won an auction for a Yamaha RX5 on the cheap. Now I just have to actually learn MIDI and set it all up with the Ensoniq ESQ-1, and not get frustrated and give up five minutes in.
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post

Just preordered 2 black ones. Having more fun with my grey one than my Avalons. Maybe it's the old school programming method.
Old 12th February 2020
The Pro 3 is arrived:
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-7714adee-1018-4730-b3fb-601d02e324b4.jpg   February 2020 New gear thread-2af4cd42-f3fb-49b6-8ae6-4cc3f2ec234e.jpg  
Old 12th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoniq70 View Post
The Pro 3 is arrived:
Good on you, it's really a cool synth.
Old 14th February 2020
The Aphex EQs I got last month were found lacking so I replaced them with more fancy ones from Cartec.

February 2020 New gear thread-20200213_182338_hdr-1-.jpg

I'm cannibalizing the Aphex for their transformers to use in a project.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 14th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Aphex EQs I got last month were found lacking so I replaced them with more fancy ones from Cartec.

I'm cannibalizing the Aphex for their transformers to use in a project.
Finally getting into the 500 series congrats dude!

I remember you talking about it years ago..
Closed