Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
On the ones and twos, and the threes and fours...:

Is that an audiophile turntable?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
Is that an audiophile turntable?
you know IMAX this is an antique rewinding table ..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia View Post
Picked one of these used. Finally have a drum machine again after many years ITB - last one I had was a 626 I think. This is tiny but fun.

Just like the busses, you wait for ages then two come along...

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Looks like a scene out of Half-Life! By the way, what is that? Movie stuff?
It's an IMAX film projector that belongs to a friend and client and I was there today. it sort of reminds me of my 1200s.

Each reel is about 4ft in diameter.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Holy crap, long players!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's an IMAX film projector that belongs to a friend and client and I was there today. it sort of eminded me of my 1200s.

Is that a Mag machine in the background?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Waldorf Microwave XTk

Note: I am sleepy as f, so sorry for my bad english more than ever. But I want to share my happines with you right now.

It is not just another synth. This is one of those instruments that I dreamed about for years. I ever dreamed about only three synths - Jupiter 8, Waldorf XT and some rude beastly evil mono synth.

From the beginning I tried to find substitutes for those, but trying to go cheaper, I actually went more expensive routes (like trying to substitute all analogues with Solaris in the beginning, just to end with Solaris and those analogues).

Right now I am very happy with my modular from Roland/Malekko. And I can wait for some Jupiter 8 clone (only reason to wait being memory to save patches, but I will never sell my 500 series, until clone gives me stereo everything with FM, four envelopes, triggered by hand or gate, and three oscillators per mono voice).

Anyway, finding synth with great control and wavetable interpolation and THAT sound was impossible for me. I asked and even made some math solving for Mr Bowen to make Solaris closer like XT (there is not enough DSP power to handle interpolation). I tried other WT synths. Went with Blofeld, but interface put me off. And nothing ever filled this remaining need for interpolating scanning WT oscillator. I even bought Prologue, after playing with my friends unit XD, just because there was potential to make digital oscillator sound close to Waldorf WT. And at the end I found Prologue to be one of my favourite synths, but not filling this need for XT (happy accident, one might say).

After many battles in my head, I started to prepare new thread. I was going to ask other slutz about difference between XT and Argon8, before I could make another decision to spend less, buying another something else instead of my dream synth (I really like Argon8 demos and - also from demos - it reminds me of XT). And while I was preparing, someone asked and someone else answered in Argon8 thread, that they are not equal... This was the last thing, that pushed me over the edge. And in the mean time, my long subscription at reverb (had those for all my Modals, XT, PEK and MEK) showed me new offer at great price. After few message exchanges with previous owner, I managed to reduce my costs significantly and today I unpacked this instrument in my bedroom studio...

Now there is no other synth that I would like to buy. Or dream about. After going thru some presets found in my unit, it tickles my sonic G-spot. This, Prologue 16, OB-6 and 002 are quartet that I could kill with. Sound nirvana...

Peace to all and have a good night! Or day!
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-img_1674.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanion View Post
Note: I am sleepy as f, so sorry for my bad english more than ever. But I want to share my happines with you right now.

It is not just another synth. This is one of those instruments that I dreamed about for years. I ever dreamed about only three synths - Jupiter 8, Waldorf XT and some rude beastly evil mono synth.

From the beginning I tried to find substitutes for those, but trying to go cheaper, I actually went more expensive routes (like trying to substitute all analogues with Solaris in the beginning, just to end with Solaris and those analogues).

Right now I am very happy with my modular from Roland/Malekko. And I can wait for some Jupiter 8 clone (only reason to wait being memory to save patches, but I will never sell my 500 series, until clone gives me stereo everything with FM, four envelopes, triggered by hand or gate, and three oscillators per mono voice).

Anyway, finding synth with great control and wavetable interpolation and THAT sound was impossible for me. I asked and even made some math solving for Mr Bowen to make Solaris closer like XT (there is not enough DSP power to handle interpolation). I tried other WT synths. Went with Blofeld, but interface put me off. And nothing ever filled this remaining need for interpolating scanning WT oscillator. I even bought Prologue, after playing with my friends unit XD, just because there was potential to make digital oscillator sound close to Waldorf WT. And at the end I found Prologue to be one of my favourite synths, but not filling this need for XT (happy accident, one might say).

After many battles in my head, I started to prepare new thread. I was going to ask other slutz about difference between XT and Argon8, before I could make another decision to spend less, buying another something else instead of my dream synth (I really like Argon8 demos and - also from demos - it reminds me of XT). And while I was preparing, someone asked and someone else answered in Argon8 thread, that they are not equal... This was the last thing, that pushed me over the edge. And in the mean time, my long subscription at reverb (had those for all my Modals, XT, PEK and MEK) showed me new offer at great price. After few message exchanges with previous owner, I managed to reduce my costs significantly and today I unpacked this instrument in my bedroom studio...

Now there is no other synth that I would like to buy. Or dream about. After going thru some presets found in my unit, it tickles my sonic G-spot. This, Prologue 16, OB-6 and 002 are quartet that I could kill with. Sound nirvana...

Peace to all and have a good night! Or day!
have you ever tried the Q+, for me the best modern synth before bankruptcy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Holy crap, long players!
entire Discographies on each giant record.

Old 4 weeks ago
Yet another software channel strip

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
Is that a Mag machine in the background?
This giant (~6ft tall) beauty?

Old 4 weeks ago
PES
Lives for gear

Got a T-Rex Shafter wah pedal, and a Juicy Lucy power supply.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES View Post
Got a T-Rex Shafter wah pedal, and a Juicy Lucy power supply.
Are those snazzy socks new, too? That looks like comfortable gear.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Yet another software channel strip

Did you happen to grab that with the P.A. Feb 29 coupons? I was thinking of getting the Focusrite console and bx Delay.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM0 View Post
Did you happen to grab that with the P.A. Feb 29 coupons? I was thinking of getting the Focusrite console and bx Delay.
I never got the coupons, checked my junk mail/etc... As someone that owns a fair amount of their stuff I am a bit disappointed. Was there a special prerequisite to get the coupon?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I never got the coupons, checked my junk mail/etc... As someone that owns a fair amount of their stuff I am a bit disappointed. Was there a special prerequisite to get the coupon?
It does not look like it to me. I don't own too much from PA...maybe 5-6 plugins. The coupons are Grab any 2 plugins for $29 each. Below that it says, "2020 is a leap year. once every 4 years deal...we go crazy". I did get two emails for it, which is kind of weird, and I couldn't get on the website earlier, so maybe they are having some technical problems.

I did end up grabbing the Focusrite console and will probably just pull the trigger on the bx delay with the other coupon (can only use one code per order).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
After few message exchanges with previous owner, I managed to reduce my costs significantly and today I unpacked this instrument in my bedroom studio...
Congrats on your XTk! The XT in some form is something I have wanted ever since seeing reviews for them in Future Music WAY back. I don't really have the space (or money) for one, but it's a nice goal to hold.
Old 4 weeks ago
PES
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Are those snazzy socks new, too? That looks like comfortable gear.
I've had those for a good long while, since new. I bought a pair of modern socks once, but quickly concluded they lack the warmth of vintage foot clothing. Too much synthetic materials these days. Even real wool socks are mostly made from cloned sheep now, and while that's better than the synthetic stuff it's just not the same as proper vintage.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES View Post
I've had those for a good long while, since new. I bought a pair of modern socks once, but quickly concluded they lack the warmth of vintage foot clothing. Too much synthetic materials these days. Even real wool socks are mostly made from cloned sheep now, and while that's better than the synthetic stuff it's just not the same as proper vintage.
Analog Socks are much much warmer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No hardware this month
I upgraded to Reason 11 and bought the Linndrum rack extension.

Really enjoying the Reason rack in Ableton live.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM0 View Post
Yup...crazy deal!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I think it goes on how good looking you are...Im pretty much a 10

Give them a yell, I bet theyll send it out to you, I dont think I own anything, didnt even know I had a login but I do get emails from them so I mustve subscribed to something.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I think it goes on how good looking you are...Im pretty much a 10

Give them a yell, I bet theyll send it out to you, I dont think I own anything, didnt even know I had a login but I do get emails from them so I mustve subscribed to something.
As it happens, I’m an 11.

I sent them a ticket though I feel silly asking for a coupon. I don’t think they like my email address TBH, I am pretty sure I’ve had to email them before for not getting something. And I did a search in all my mail and couldn’t find one thing from them since the last thing I bought from them (2019).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
have you ever tried the Q+, for me the best modern synth before bankruptcy.
Hi There!

I have not tried Q+, but I own Q rack. Bought it super cheap, due to faulty encoders. I can use them, with lots of patience, but will need to solder new ones, that I already have, if I ever get enough confidence to unsolder old ones. It sounds great! Actually, owning Q only showed me that I love Waldorfs digital filters. Or something in theirs digital path, that makes it sounds other worldly (is that a word?).

Have you tried XT? Today I pressed one key and my brain melted. I pressed only one key and it could be sophisticated ambient track, because release gets me going for over 7 (SEVEN!) minutes. It pairs well with my Modal 001, with almost exactly same amount of time for longest amp release.

I am really puzzled, why the hell did they gone bankrupt with such great products. I wasn't looking at the market at that time.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi There!

I have not tried Q+, but I own Q rack. Bought it super cheap, due to faulty encoders. I can use them, with lots of patience, but will need to solder new ones, that I already have, if I ever get enough confidence to unsolder old ones. It sounds great! Actually, owning Q only showed me that I love Waldorfs digital filters. Or something in theirs digital path, that makes it sounds other worldly (is that a word?).

Have you tried XT? Today I pressed one key and my brain melted. I pressed only one key and it could be sophisticated ambient track, because release gets me going for over 7 (SEVEN!) minutes. It pairs well with my Modal 001, with almost exactly same amount of time for longest amp release.

I am really puzzled, why the hell did they gone bankrupt with such great products. I wasn't looking at the market at that time.
the Q + doesn't have much to do with the rest of the sound, the analog filters cannot be replaced by VA.
why Waldorf went bankrupt, no idea. at that time it was strange at the music fair .. stromberg in a display case and otherwise only these Zarenbourg organs .. really strange ..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post
Congrats on your XTk! The XT in some form is something I have wanted ever since seeing reviews for them in Future Music WAY back. I don't really have the space (or money) for one, but it's a nice goal to hold.
Thank you!

After few years in retrospection I found out that I could buy it in the beginning and I would be already few years experienced with my XTk and I would save a lot of money. :]

I am crossing my fingers for you to get XT. This is one of the most musical sounding synths I owned. It is hard to explain. Just try it and find place for your unit. You will be grateful, that you did. I have yet to find unmusical spot, I'm sure there is some, somewhere, but it gives me confidence, that I can modify patches during performance and results will be great. :]

Peace!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
the Q + doesn't have much to do with the rest of the sound, the analog filters cannot be replaced by VA.
why Waldorf went bankrupt, no idea. at that time it was strange at the music fair .. stromberg in a display case and otherwise only these Zarenbourg organs .. really strange ..
I'm not convinced that I would like Q+ filters, but I have yet to hear them. The digital ones have something in their resonance that screams "Future!". At this moment the only analog filter from Waldorf that I like is VCF1, and I use it as LPG, while distorting input into space. You can overdrive into distortion into overdrive. While listening to new Quantums dirty mode, it doesn't sound that dirty to me. But I am open and probably will look into some Q+ analog filter demos. And there's another thing: Q+ is unobtainable at the moment. ;]
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not convinced that I would like Q+ filters, but I have yet to hear them. The digital ones have something in their resonance that screams "Future!". At this moment the only analog filter from Waldorf that I like is VCF1, and I use it as LPG, while distorting input into space. You can overdrive into distortion into overdrive. While listening to new Quantums dirty mode, it doesn't sound that dirty to me. But I am open and probably will look into some Q+ analog filter demos. And there's another thing: Q+ is unobtainable at the moment. ;]
not available for a long time, but now and then on the secondhand market.
for me it was a highlight at the time on the MFF, it was close to new andromeda .. and sounded better in comparison .. that was 2002 or so..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
As it happens, I’m an 11.

I sent them a ticket though I feel silly asking for a coupon. I don’t think they like my email address TBH, I am pretty sure I’ve had to email them before for not getting something. And I did a search in all my mail and couldn’t find one thing from them since the last thing I bought from them (2019).
I wouldnt feel silly, you shouldve got it...and any plugin for $29 is too good!

Gonna get the lindell 80 next
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I needed a gooseneck for my SM58/TC Helicon Perform-VE mic stand. Not a huge ticket item but I *did* elect for the largest 19” size, that makes me a size queen Gearslutz
Attached Thumbnails
February 2020 New gear thread-52721390-736e-480d-8907-2509fc82996e.jpg  
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search