The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Owners* Thread
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
i cant afford the KARP but i feel sorry for those guys who have stumped up a large chunk of cash and have waited god knows how long for the thing to turn up damaged. i would be spitting fire
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I just got a message that there is one waiting for me! Picking it up next week in Antwerp. I live in the Netherlands myself. It had been on order since the first day it was announced, back in January. There were times when I thought ‘maybe I should just cancel the order’. But then again, I thought my chances of getting one another way were practically zero, so I decided to wait it out.. :-) When it’s really here next week I’ll post some pics and my serial number.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekleijn View Post
I just got a message that there is one waiting for me! Picking it up next week in Antwerp. I live in the Netherlands myself. It had been on order since the first day it was announced, back in January. There were times when I thought ‘maybe I should just cancel the order’. But then again, I thought my chances of getting one another way were practically zero, so I decided to wait it out.. :-) When it’s really here next week I’ll post some pics and my serial number.
Congrats. You will love it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

ARP 2600 video

You might enjoy this short ( < 3 min ) 2600 video that I did yesterday (10/3);

https://youtu.be/Fvybol-5638

If you like, leave me some feedback on the thread.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZHALL View Post
You might enjoy this short ( < 3 min ) 2600 video that I did yesterday (10/3);

https://youtu.be/Fvybol-5638

If you like, leave me some feedback on the thread.
VERY nice! Thanks for sharing. Did you end up getting a reissue after all, or was the synth on loan for the video?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaish View Post
VERY nice! Thanks for sharing. Did you end up getting a reissue after all, or was the synth on loan for the video?
Thanks! I got a reissue. It arrived late June. I love it!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
So here we go! I picked it up in Antwerp myself and it's in pristine condition! Mine has serial number 1085. Just started playing around with it now and absolutely loving it so far :-)

Quick question- Is the spring reverb supposed to sound out of phase? It was the first thing I noticed once I turned it up. It cancels out itself in mono, unless I use it on only one channel then it comes through. Seems right if it is only one spring tank, but I figured I'd double check here.
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Owners* Thread-img_4231.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
So here we go! I picked it up in Antwerp myself and it's in pristine condition! Mine has serial number 1085. Just started playing around with it now and absolutely loving it so far :-)

Quick question- Is the spring reverb supposed to sound out of phase? It was the first thing I noticed once I turned it up. It cancels out itself in mono, unless I use it on only one channel then it comes through. Seems right if it is only one spring tank, but I figured I'd double check here.
I don't think so...... sound example?

In mine it gives a lush beautiful sound.....mono or stereo
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyf View Post
I don't think so...... sound example?

In mine it gives a lush beautiful sound.....mono or stereo

Here's an audio file. First play is only with reverb on R channel. Then only L channel. And finally both together. If you play that last one in mono you can hear both channel cancel each other out and hardly anything remains.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time with an ARP 2600 before this one so if it's me let me know. This is a simple patch and I've set both reverb sliders to about halfway.
Attached Files

Spring.wav (3.13 MB, 2307 views)

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mine is like this also. Sure does sound quite wide through the built in speakers! But cancels in mono when I use the hardware outputs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieclouser View Post
Mine is like this also. Sure does sound quite wide through the built in speakers! But cancels in mono when I use the hardware outputs.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Must be the way in which is is constructed then. I will try and do two mono takes tomorrow and will phase invert one, to see how the reverb responds to that.
Old 3 weeks ago
Mine mostly cancels in mono also. Is that to be expected, though. Is it possible to get a true stereo reverb from one spring tank? I really don’t know much about spring reverbs. I’m assuming one side is inverted to get that wide image.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxix52 View Post
Mine mostly cancels in mono also. Is that to be expected, though. Is it possible to get a true stereo reverb from one spring tank? I really don’t know much about spring reverbs. I’m assuming one side is inverted to get that wide image.
Its totally expected, and that is how the original worked too.

reverb tank is mono. Unmolested reverb output mixed with dry output for left. 180 out of phase (using unity gain inverting op-amp) mixed with dry for right.

If you sum them which is what a stereo to mono input will do, then you cancel out the reverb. Not totally gone as the inverting op-amp will introduce a small delay.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacboy View Post
Its totally expected, and that is how the original worked too.

reverb tank is mono. Unmolested reverb output mixed with dry output for left. 180 out of phase (using unity gain inverting op-amp) mixed with dry for right.

If you sum them which is what a stereo to mono input will do, then you cancel out the reverb. Not totally gone as the inverting op-amp will introduce a small delay.
Yes thanks. I had a hunch that this was what was going on, but not having spent a whole lot of time on the original I wasn't sure. Glad to know it's not a defect ;-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Just in case: I had to re-caliber my ARP2600FS. the tuning was not constant on the whole range of the keyboard. the volt/octave traking was not good.

I used this document:
http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Arp/Ar...p2600trims.gif

I removed the small rubber cap and adjusted the volt/oct setting with a philips screwdriver. It is much better now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

One more video on the Z506 Swiss Daisy DSP as an addon to the 2600 for digital delay and an extra VCA/ADSR.

https://youtu.be/k3cmTtl3y4E

Again, let me know what you think.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZHALL View Post
One more video on the Z506 Swiss Daisy DSP as an addon to the 2600 for digital delay and an extra VCA/ADSR.

https://youtu.be/k3cmTtl3y4E

Again, let me know what you think.
Sounds great! Thanks for doing these demos.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
There’s a KARP 2600 in Los Angeles Craigslist right now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalik View Post
There’s a KARP 2600 in Los Angeles Craigslist right now.
It’s $6500, sounds like a good deal.
It’s not mine by the way
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I just Got mine delivered today... showed up on Thomann Friday a week ago.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michailov View Post
I just Got mine delivered today... showed up on Thomann Friday a week ago.
Wow, just a regular Thomann ad? Was it new or a return/B-stock? I check Thomann fairly often (though not daily) and totally missed it. I imagine it will have stayed online for just a few hours before you snatched it. Congrats!

Anyway, I've seen a couple show up here and there once in a while, it seems some units are still trickling through the supply chain...VERY slowly. Of course, only Korg knows if these are the last delayed units of the "once-in-a-lifetime" production run, or if production is still going on.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider76 View Post
Wow, just a regular Thomann ad? Was it new or a return/B-stock? I check Thomann fairly often (though not daily) and totally missed it. I imagine it will have stayed online for just a few hours before you snatched it. Congrats!

Anyway, I've seen a couple show up here and there once in a while, it seems some units are still trickling through the supply chain...VERY slowly. Of course, only Korg knows if these are the last delayed units of the "once-in-a-lifetime" production run, or if production is still going on.
No B-stock. Original cardboard/wrapping.
I guess it was pure luck timing wise... I was browsing my wish list for euro rack modules and it stood as available. I actually transferred from my basket back in feb. but couldnt quite make ends meet. This time I didn’t let petty things get in my way.

And yes, only Korg knows...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote14 View Post
Just in case: I had to re-caliber my ARP2600FS. the tuning was not constant on the whole range of the keyboard. the volt/octave traking was not good.

I used this document:
http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Arp/Ar...p2600trims.gif

I removed the small rubber cap and adjusted the volt/oct setting with a philips screwdriver. It is much better now.
Hi there,

I have a similar issue but still have not gotten the tracking right. I can get low C and high C perfectly in tune but the middle octaves are off by up to 18 cents. Anyone else have this issue? There only seems to be 2 tuning screws per oscillator but I would expect 3 based on the diagram of the vintage ARP and other analog synths I have tuned.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Just been notified by Andertons (UK) that they have mine in stock. They will give me a call later to organise delivery.

Placed my order on 10 Jan, in the afternoon. Their website showed it available, and shortly after as not available, so I felt confident that they were only selling numbers they were allocated.

I knew there would be a wait time, so I left it for a couple of months, then contacted them for an update. They then informed me that Korg had now changed the number of units allocated to them, and I am no longer on the list of people with a confirmed unit, but have been put on a waiting list.

Sometime after that, they sent me a message to say they are trying to secure more stock from Korg, to at least honour the original number they were given.

About 4-6 weeks ago I sent another status request, and they informed me that I was now back on the list of confirmed orders (they didn't say if other people cancelled or whether Korg gave them more units), and finally this morning they have mine in hand!
Old 2 weeks ago
Months later and mine is still sitting on an old end table. Anyone found any more good tables/stands that fit the 2600 and keyboard? What's everyone using?

I was thinking of picking up another IKEA table top and leg set. I normally buy the KS7150 stands, I suppose I could mount a bigger surface onto the top of one of those. Any more ideas would be great
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Months later and mine is still sitting on an old end table. Anyone found any more good tables/stands that fit the 2600 and keyboard? What's everyone using?

I was thinking of picking up another IKEA table top and leg set. I normally buy the KS7150 stands, I suppose I could mount a bigger surface onto the top of one of those. Any more ideas would be great
Since I received mine in March I’ve been using an IKEA Kallax under the main body and a K&M 18953 (the dimensions fit exactly) under the keyboard.

The IKEA is not 100% stable but that’s because of the thick rug in my studio . But since I was able to store some stuff in it as well and that I don’t shake the ARP like hell I’m very happy with that combo.

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Jaspers works well here....
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Owners* Thread-117810214_1019643961803678_6745129379405113352_o.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Still using this:

https://on-stage.com/products/view/12820
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

I'm using an old tv stand/cabinet about 43"w x 24"d x 27"h on the opposite wall from my rack and computer and other goodies. The tv stand is solid as a rock and had a 100-pound-plus tv on it for years prior. Positioning in my room is less than ideal but it's the only real estate left in my space. I'm thinking about getting a rip of 3/4" plywood about 64" x 24" so I can put a pair of monitors and some FX within tweaking distance of the ARP. Which will probably mean adding a second patchbay on the side of the room with the ARP. And a 20-25' snake for sends and returns to computer and mixer and rack-mounted MoogerFoogers...

And the beat goes on...

Still working on an Analogue Solutions Generator. I wish I could find a Megacity in the US.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
I originally picked up a KS8291XX stand to house both - I believe a couple of other folks are using this also - but there’s not really enough room to house both and patch with piece of mind. So I’m still using the ‘road’ case it shipped with, and the stand in front for the keyboard.
📝 Reply