Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Owners* Thread (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1296644-korg-arp-2600-fs-actual-owners-thread.html)

rzzzzz 12th May 2020 01:45 PM

"Dear rzzzzz
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, it appears that your order is no longer available for purchase. As a result, we will not be able to complete your order as originally placed. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Sincerely, American Musical Supply"

It would have been a great time to dig into a long admired piece of kit. Oh well. Maybe I'll take a closer look at the Matriarch. Congrats to those of you who secured part of this special run. They look fantastic!

smithcorona 12th May 2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck (Post 14727665)
Yikes, no outer box around it at all? Just shrink wrap? I would be terrified seeing it arrive like that with the road case all but exposed.

If mine ever arrives, I want to see if Sweetwater will add the 'pack it like grandma's china' note like someone else posted recently.

I did make point of telling my rep my concerns about the reports of these showing up damaged. He went with that note. It’s supppsed to be delivered tomorrow, so we’ll see...

b3400 12th May 2020 04:07 PM

>"Dear rzzzzz
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, it appears that your order is no longer available for purchase. As a result, we will not be able to complete your order as originally placed. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Sincerely, American Musical Supply"

I just woke up to the exact same email from American Musical Supply :( devastating. I hope it's ok I'm sharing here because I've been in touch with them several times and each time they said I was on the list allocated to receive one. I called them again today after getting the email and they said that 'Arp' (I presume the employee meant Korg?) reduced the amount of units they were due to receive...I guess it's not their fault. Has anyone else had this happen with their retailer of choice?

I guess I should just move on but dang, my heart was really set on this.

Gonna be hard to focus today.

calvin nix 12th May 2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacboy (Post 14726796)
I did get hold of them finally - they are going to refund as no replacement will be available. What a farce. F**k, I'm so, so pissed off!! What a bunch of total wank*rs.

If you look at the UPS shipping scan times, it never actually made it out of Kansas city. The scan at lewisville was just probably for a large shipment containing many items from GC that got there over the weekend.

Lots of these went out from the GC/MF KS warehouse on Friday. I sincerely hope nobody else has suffered the same fate.

Considering the number of visibly beaten up packages UPS have happily delivered to me in the past, this must have been pretty badly mangled for them to want to send back, like falling off the back of the truck, or run over/impaled by the forklift type of damage.

I'm sorry about this. I ordered from GC/MF too and asked them to ship it FedEx LTL (they said it wouldn't be a problem) and to give me a call before shipping it. I received no call and it was shipped standard FedEx Ground. If I had not called that evening, the FedEx guy would not have even delivered it because he said the package "looked" bad. It would have gone back to Kansas City and who knows what excuse they would have come up with. As it turned out everything was ok, fortunately. Only the outside packaging was really damaged. This whole delivery thing has been a fiasco and I'm not sure who's to blame. Korg, MF, and the shipping carrier are all responsible for the safe delivery of this item and I feel the ball was dropped and never really recovered. If this thing were not what it was it wouldn't be such a big deal, but the fact that it is about $4k, likely irreplaceable and along with their apparent carefree attitude about it is frustrating. I really believe they just don't care. MF's reviews online would surely indicate this is true.

Also, make sure you get your "reward points" if/when you do get your synth, I will likely make one more purchase with the points, but for me that will be it with MF.

spacboy 12th May 2020 06:46 PM

I echo your sentiments. Mine was delivered back to GC this morning. Still waiting to hear what they are going to do about it or what state it is in. As usual nobody is responding today.

smithcorona 12th May 2020 07:02 PM

Mine arrived a day early and packaged quite well... the FedEx lady was too small to help me help her get it out of the van, but a nice UPS driver ran down the street to help me.

touched 12th May 2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithcorona (Post 14729079)
Mine arrived a day early and packaged quite well... the FedEx lady was too small to help me help her get it out of the van, but a nice UPS driver ran down the street to help me.

Congrats! Sorry if I missed it, but do you mind saying who the vendor was who packed it so nicely?

smithcorona 12th May 2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touched (Post 14729089)
Congrats! Sorry if I missed it, but do you mind saying who the vendor was who packed it so nicely?

Sweetwater. I specifically asked about the damaged ones I’d heard about, he said they’d pack it like china. Huge box and bubble wrap.

Musicncars 12th May 2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithcorona (Post 14729079)
Mine arrived a day early and packaged quite well... the FedEx lady was too small to help me help her get it out of the van, but a nice UPS driver ran down the street to help me.

Congrats!

calvin nix 12th May 2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithcorona (Post 14729079)
Mine arrived a day early and packaged quite well... the FedEx lady was too small to help me help her get it out of the van, but a nice UPS driver ran down the street to help me.

Yes, congratulations on its safe arrival. Looks like at least SW is trying to make good on this.

smithcorona 12th May 2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicncars (Post 14729106)
Congrats!

Thanks. It was supposed to show up tomorrow when I had time scheduled off to deal with delivery. Then they changed it to today and now I’m working from home with this amazing thing sitting a few rooms away. It’s torture.

GooberNumber9 12th May 2020 08:22 PM

Got an email from Guitar Center this morning and just got off the phone with a customer service rep. The rep said that Korg has stopped shipping units (to GC at least) and GC expects they won’t be fulfilling my pre-order (I was not on a wait list, I was allocated one of the original amounts to be shipped). I did NOT cancel my order because I want to try to confirm that Korg has stopped production before giving up my slot.

The plot thickens: Got a call from Synchrony (the bank that managed the GC gear cards) saying that there was an attempt to charge my card today for the amount of the 2600 and they wanted to know if it was legit. So... I'm wondering why would GC try to charge me if they're not going to fulfill? So now I'm calling GC back.

I'm reminding myself of the upside of not getting a unit: $4k in "music budget" I could spend elsewhere. Half tempted to just cancel my order and wait list slots and buy a Jimmy Page Signature Telecaster. From Sweetwater (such a better vendor than GC).

touched 12th May 2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GooberNumber9 (Post 14729337)
Got an email from Guitar Center this morning and just got off the phone with a customer service rep. The rep said that Korg has stopped shipping units (to GC at least) and GC expects they won’t be fulfilling my pre-order (I was not on a wait list, I was allocated one of the original amounts to be shipped). I did NOT cancel my order because I want to try to confirm that Korg has stopped production before giving up my slot.

The plot thickens: Got a call from Synchrony (the bank that managed the GC gear cards) saying that there was an attempt to charge my card today for the amount of the 2600 and they wanted to know if it was legit. So... I'm wondering why would GC try to charge me if they're not going to fulfill? So now I'm calling GC back.

I'm reminding myself of the upside of not getting a unit: $4k in "music budget" I could spend elsewhere. Half tempted to just cancel my order and wait list slots and buy a Jimmy Page Signature Telecaster. From Sweetwater (such a better vendor than GC).

If you still want it and willing to risk damage from lousy GC packing, I'd let them charge my card if I were in your shoes. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing there, so a phone rep probably won't help. Shipping department is probably ready and waiting.

GooberNumber9 12th May 2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touched (Post 14729406)
If you still want it and willing to risk damage from lousy GC packing, I'd let them charge my card if I were in your shoes. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing there, so a phone rep probably won't help. Shipping department is probably ready and waiting.

I called back and that's basically what I did. I got a different person and this rep put me hold for a bit, came back and said "Ok, you're all set!" And I said "So... I'll get an e-mail when it ships?" and he said, "Yep!"

So I guess we'll see.

Musicncars 12th May 2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithcorona (Post 14729249)
Thanks. It was supposed to show up tomorrow when I had time scheduled off to deal with delivery. Then they changed it to today and now I’m working from home with this amazing thing sitting a few rooms away. It’s torture.

Upside: it’s there and safe, waiting for you.

lindelltodd 12th May 2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GooberNumber9 (Post 14729425)
I called back and that's basically what I did. I got a different person and this rep put me hold for a bit, came back and said "Ok, you're all set!" And I said "So... I'll get an e-mail when it ships?" and he said, "Yep!"

So I guess we'll see.

Be careful when calling GC. I called to check on my order a couple of weeks ago and they gave me the info about Korg not sending any more and a few minutes later I received an email informing me that my order had been cancelled.

I let my local rep know and he was able to get me back in the queue somehow, although GC doesn't have any way to reinstate a cancelled order so I got bumped (probably) to the back of the line. Really grateful that my local rep was able to help, but frustrated overall with the poor digital logistics that GC's systems provide. And extra frustrated with the customer service rep who cancelled my order. Apparently they got confused with the info in the system regarding my 2600 order and should have never cancelled.

smithcorona 12th May 2020 11:16 PM

Yeah... I really don’t understand why anyone thought shipping these in this “road case” was a good idea. I mean it’s a pretty storage box, or even something you could use just taking it from one place locally to another, but it’s really flimsy compared to my proper road cases. At best, it’s a local road case.

DEVO1982 13th May 2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithcorona (Post 14729097)
Sweetwater. I specifically asked about the damaged ones I’d heard about, he said they’d pack it like china. Huge box and bubble wrap.

I hope that SW does this for everyone who ordered one...
Fingers crossed ?

smithcorona 13th May 2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVO1982 (Post 14730079)
I hope that SW does this for everyone who ordered one...
Fingers crossed ?

I hope so too. My rep told me they had one in their first batch that went out get damaged. I came away with the impression that this would be the way they’d be going out because they can’t replace them.

jason moyer 13th May 2020 05:12 AM

Got the same email as the other AMS/ZZounds folks, and I'm torn between disappointment (you really couldn't fulfill an order made within 15 minutes of the store page going live?) because it would have satisfied almost all of my modular needs and relief because logistically simply getting it into my house and up into my living space and then later moving it to a new space in (hopefully) the near future would have been a nightmare of tearing it apart and moving it piece by piece. Now my biggest concern is what holes to fill with the financing space I had set aside for it. Seriously leaning towards a Pro 3 SE. Or maybe just killing all of my effects needs in one go.

b3400 13th May 2020 05:26 AM

[QUOTE I called to check on my order a couple of weeks ago and they gave me the info about Korg not sending any more and a few minutes later I received an email informing me that my order had been cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Is Korg not sending out all of the units they originally promised retailers?

I ask because this sounds similar to what happened to me with American Music Supply earlier this very morning – I got a 'cancelled order' email, so I called immediately and got a vague (although sounded like he was trying to help as much as he could) answer from a phone rep saying 'Arp cancelled a bunch of the orders'. I was too depressed in the moment to ask "you mean 'the manufacturer', right? AKA Korg" and also "Is Korg going back on what they promised retailers?"

For almost 4 weeks now I've been told every week i'm on a list of units that AMS was going to receive. And now (in case you missed my earlier post today) AMS has cancelled that order.

I realize that this is basically equivalent to hearsay (but it's happening to me!) so feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but I am just trying to figure out what happened to the unit I was told I would have. I was resisting getting my hopes up for so long but now I realize...they had finally gotten,

well, up.

I was reading the old manual (sobs)

BM0 13th May 2020 04:23 PM

Just dropped myself off the wait list. I am pretty confident that I was not getting one anyways. For what it's worth (very little) my sales rep told me that he heard a rumor that there may be another version coming next year, so stay tuned. Nothing concrete, nor really anything we haven't already speculated, but I will take it as something.

patrickdafunk 13th May 2020 04:31 PM

To be honest, I am thinking of cancelling my order.

Owning such a big mono synth in this day of age is kind of overkill if I am really being realistic to myself.

Still, maybe I will regret it and I will kick myself in the butt every day for cancelling in years to come.

orangefunk 13th May 2020 05:56 PM

I'm gonna hang in a bit longer...

dannykorrson 13th May 2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickdafunk (Post 14731551)
To be honest, I am thinking of cancelling my order.

Owning such a big mono synth in this day of age is kind of overkill if I am really being realistic to myself.

Still, maybe I will regret it and I will kick myself in the butt every day for cancelling in years to come.

I think cancelling and living with the uncertainty, the "what if I didn't cancel and I'd have gotten one" is going to hurt longer than hanging in there and getting the order cancelled.

but I'm with you on this one.. :deth:

jtycho 13th May 2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickdafunk (Post 14731551)
To be honest, I am thinking of cancelling my order.

Owning such a big mono synth in this day of age is kind of overkill if I am really being realistic to myself.

Still, maybe I will regret it and I will kick myself in the butt every day for cancelling in years to come.

I hear you and I’ve thought of cancelling, but more because I’m annoyed by the entire thing and with my business closed for two months now I don’t need to be spending money. Further, I could buy an Antonus 2600 (which is built at least as well if not better) at any point.

That said I disagree about the overkill part for myself. A great instrument is a great instrument.

patrickdafunk 13th May 2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtycho (Post 14731842)

That said I disagree about the overkill part for myself. A great instrument is a great instrument.


that sucks to read that you had to close your business for over 2 months now! wish you the best of luck. And:

Quote:

That said I disagree about the overkill part for myself. A great instrument is a great instrument.
good argument! thank you for reminding me.

Daves_not_here 13th May 2020 08:10 PM

Update re MF ordered/received unit w/ damaged road case

MF (paraphrased mgmt response conveyed through still-helpful rep): It's just a case, token compensation offered, no point in submitting a FedEx claim as there are no more anyway. (just "wow", given that there was essentially -zero- effort to protect the shipment of a 4K instrument)

KorgUSA: (seemed genuinely interested) asked for pictures. Looking into replacements, don't yet have a timeframe. Holding out some hope here! :)

So meanwhile, if anyone has info re replacement road cases short of full-on custom Anvil jobs, it would be interesting to see the range of what might work.
Or I could put a big sticker over the damaged area :lol: Hopefully, I'll eventually hear back from Korg w/ options.
BTW, this thing sounds great and has been a blast so far... Friend has a Bodyssey... been fun to compare (virtually).

Musicncars 13th May 2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daves_not_here (Post 14732042)
Update re MF ordered/received unit w/ damaged road case

MF (paraphrased mgmt response conveyed through still-helpful rep): It's just a case, token compensation offered, no point in submitting a FedEx claim as there are no more anyway. (just "wow", given that there was essentially -zero- effort to protect the shipment of a 4K instrument)

KorgUSA: (seemed genuinely interested) asked for pictures. Looking into replacements, don't yet have a timeframe. Holding out some hope here! :)

So meanwhile, if anyone has info re replacement road cases short of full-on custom Anvil jobs, it would be interesting to see the range of what might work.
Or I could put a big sticker over the damaged area :lol: Hopefully, I'll eventually hear back from Korg w/ options.
BTW, this thing sounds great and has been a blast so far... Friend has a Bodyssey... been fun to compare (virtually).

Look around there are those who say they will sell the case, as they don’t need it, or have space for it.