Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Owners* Thread (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1296644-korg-arp-2600-fs-actual-owners-thread.html)

d2ba 31st January 2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genshi (Post 14502846)
Yes, I know, I saw that, but I called in a day before that based on their [Korg] Instagram teaser a week before... I just knew it was an ARP 2600, and it had to be full-sized if it was being wheeled out in a road case. I didn't care what the price was, just knew I had to have it. The next day when Ty basically confirmed on that Sonictalk episode, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I should be first on the order list and that I'll actually be able to afford it.

Well done --snooze and loose---already these are appearing on Yahoo Auctions Japan at double the retail price ----one sold one available from a new seller if someone is desperate

Deleted 3d8e4b3 31st January 2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIAX (Post 14502828)
Thank you for the spark of hope!

I would kill for a black/orange reissue



Pay attention to the intro lyrics. Good song as welll

pelican 1st February 2020 02:09 PM

Don't think mine's coming until march or april. At least it'll be paid off by then

Necron 99 1st February 2020 08:11 PM

Like many, I'm on the wait list as well. I have the cash on hand so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Musicncars 2nd February 2020 10:02 AM

I was on the phone the day before the official launch. I’m in the first 10.

sean_synth 2nd February 2020 06:48 PM

I’m more or less over it now. Thinking I could get a Xerxes or Super 6 and have cash left over.

orangecaruption 2nd February 2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_synth (Post 14506555)
I’m more or less over it now. Thinking I could get a Xerxes or Super 6 and have cash left over.

Amen brother, think of how much awesome gear you can buy for 4k.

Musicncars 3rd February 2020 05:20 PM

I just checked....my preorder is still intact. Looks like first week of March. boing

Jaish 3rd February 2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Murray (Post 14499633)
I'm super high on the list in Canada by the sounds of it and am supposedly going to receive mine in the first shipment to arrive. Ordered the morning of the announcement at L&M.

They told me later in February, but these are already arriving in

Greetings Matthew! Thanks for starting this one! How did you order via L&M - still no sign of it on their web site and I first checked their site at 7am EST on Jan 10th. Likewise for Cosmo...

Jaish 3rd February 2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesnob (Post 14499839)
I'm also in Canada. Do we know for certain that the number we saw in the previous KARP 2600 thread was accurate? 20 allocated to Canada.
Anyways, I found out about this 2600 late- over a week after the initial announcement-, but somehow was able to lock down one of the alleged 20 for 100% certain.
Called the shop I always go to for all my synth needs who at that point had a list of 15+ at that point, but were only getting a guaranteed eight, seven of which I was told already had money down on them, and that if I could put the money down, I would be promised one. Needless to say, I've never whooped out my credit card fast enough. I feel very fortunate, especially considering how few Canada got and how late I found out about it. A 2600 has always been an absolute dream/pinnacle synth and this will be a lovely piece to help rebuild my synth collection, all of which I had to sell off a couple years ago. Really can't wait. And fwiw, while they wouldn't give me a date, when I asked "will it be sometime in late spring?" the guy said it'll be much sooner.

Sounds like it's meant to be yours! Which shop? Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to say publicly.

Jaish 3rd February 2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicncars (Post 14508403)
I just checked....my preorder is still intact. Looks like first week of March. boing

Nice! Which store?

Musicncars 3rd February 2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaish (Post 14508887)
Nice! Which store?

Sweetwater.

pulsar modular 4th February 2020 12:58 AM

<deleted by moderator - let's not annoy each other with our synth choices? the Behringer 2600 synth has it's own thread. please post there and have fun. gracias :cop:>

draig 4th February 2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necron 99 (Post 14504648)
Like many, I'm on the wait list as well. I have the cash on hand so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've got my pre-order in... don't know for sure I'm getting one though.

draig 4th February 2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_synth (Post 14506555)
I’m more or less over it now. Thinking I could get a Xerxes or Super 6 and have cash left over.

A Xerxes arrived a few days ago and the Super 6 is on pre-order... good choices! kfhkh

Matthew Murray 4th February 2020 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaish (Post 14508860)
Greetings Matthew! Thanks for starting this one! How did you order via L&M - still no sign of it on their web site and I first checked their site at 7am EST on Jan 10th. Likewise for Cosmo...

Hey Jaish - I didn’t wait, the moment they opened the morning of the announcement I drove to bloor St and put my money down!!

Jaish 4th February 2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Murray (Post 14509663)
Hey Jaish - I didn’t wait, the moment they opened the morning of the announcement I drove to bloor St and put my money down!!

Nicely done! I'm surprised it's still not listed as a product on any Canadian retailer web sites.

Matthew Murray 5th February 2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaish (Post 14510666)
Nicely done! I'm surprised it's still not listed as a product on any Canadian retailer web sites.

Maybe cause there's only apparently like 20 nation wide they just didn't see a point? How many retailers do we even have that would carry it? L&M, Moog Audio, and maybe Economik?

xxxdkModexxx 5th February 2020 03:02 AM

Has anyone in North America received their unit?

genshi 5th February 2020 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxdkModexxx (Post 14512053)
Has anyone in North America received their unit?

Not until March is the word on the street...

Musicncars 5th February 2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genshi (Post 14512235)
Not until March is the word on the street...

Also, word on the street, none more being built.

Matthew Murray 5th February 2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genshi (Post 14512235)
Not until March is the word on the street...

Hey - where did you hear that? Both my retailer here in Canada and a retail source I have in the states have said that they're expecting them mid February still.

Sweatervest 6th February 2020 12:15 AM

March is generally what Sweetwater is saying. They tend to underpromise and overdeliver tho.

leighzi88 6th February 2020 05:30 AM

Early March is what I'm hearing in Australia :cowbell:

d2ba 6th February 2020 07:31 AM

Here is a Korg ARP 2600 FS used one in Japan for sale with a buy now
Considering sold out worldwide --a reasonable price
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=j621034456

I recommend Goody Japan as middleman shipping service if you wish to buy
https://www.goody-japan.com
https://www.goody-japan.com/en/help/send

spiceyqueen 8th February 2020 07:19 PM

Anyone notice that the arp 2600 is listed for preorder on the guitar center website again?
What does this mean?:amaze:

Space Station 8th February 2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiceyqueen (Post 14520482)
Anyone notice that the arp 2600 is listed for preorder on the guitar center website again?
What does this mean?:amaze:

It’s unavailable if you try to order it though.

Necron 99 9th February 2020 06:42 AM

I received some good news today. I had made an attempt to order a 2600 through Musicians Friend in mid January and they told me they were completely out at the time. I got a call today and was informed there was a cancellation so I was finally able to place an order and mine is expected to ship this April! The interesting bit of information I received is they mentioned their "first batch" went out a couple of days ago and are getting a second batch in which those will ship out in April. This doesn't necessarily confirm anything, but I believe Korg Japan may have started production on another batch since initially it seemed as if all these companies were only getting one limited amount.

apessino 9th February 2020 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necron 99 (Post 1452****)
I received some good news today. I had made an attempt to order a 2600 through Musicians Friend in mid January and they told me they were completely out at the time. I got a call today and was informed there was a cancellation so I was finally able to place an order and mine is expected to ship this April! The interesting bit of information I received is they mentioned their "first batch" went out a couple of days ago and are getting a second batch in which those will ship out in April. This doesn't necessarily confirm anything, but I believe Korg Japan may have started production on another batch since initially it seemed as if all these companies were only getting one limited amount.

Congrats on getting on the list! kfhkh

Also, we were told from the announcement that there would be two batches, with the first shipping mid February and the second in March - so it seems they are just delivering as scheduled.

d2ba 9th February 2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d2ba (Post 14515021)
Here is a Korg ARP 2600 FS used one in Japan for sale with a buy now
Considering sold out worldwide --a reasonable price

I recommend Goody Japan as middleman shipping service if you wish to buy
https://www.goody-japan.com
https://www.goody-japan.com/en/help/send

Here is another one start = reserve USD$3735/399,300 yen
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=j621034456