Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Owners* Thread (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1296644-korg-arp-2600-fs-actual-owners-thread.html)

jtycho 30th January 2020 08:39 PM

Sweetwater has confirmed my order and said I’m definitely in their first shipment, but unfortunately they haven’t told me where I am on the list. I literally ordered minutes after it went up on their website so if this doesn’t pan out I’m not sure how I’ll feel about Sweetwater going forward. We shall see.

Matthew Murray 30th January 2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DegenerateElite (Post 14500298)
Any plan where you sit under a guitar amp is probably a bad one.

Not sure why you'd say this. There's no speaker usage going on. Hasn't been anything but an efficient use of space and easy reach knobs for the past five years, but you do you.

dannykorrson 30th January 2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apessino (Post 14500012)
This is the keyboard stand/table thing I am talking about:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...yboard-trolley

It's a nice piece, I use one under the studio desk, the other flush against the wall.

nice stand - looks very sleek kfhkh

yeah maybe the idea to incorporate the flightcase in the setup somehow is not too bad

orangefunk 30th January 2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Station (Post 14500330)
Ok misunderstood what you meant.

No worries man. Interesting that G4M in the UK got a good percentage (almost 8%) of the available 400 worldwide... (btw. that figure was mentioned again on Sonicstate yesterday -- seems like a few of the people on that show were also not able to get one in time).

I was wondering if G4M had different allocation per country as they have warehouses in a few places (I have ordered from them in the past and the stuff has come from Sweden).

genshi 30th January 2020 10:03 PM

First to preorder at a major U.S. retailer. I called them two days before any official announcement and told them to put me on their list that didn't even exist yet. They were confused, and two evenings later at 9:00PM Pacific Time when Korg made their official announcement and the retailers turned on their pre-order systems, I pressed the button just in case...

The next morning I got a call from my guy and he said: "well, I see you have two pre-orders in, the one that's first on the list per your request a couple of days ago, and another one that puts you around 30th, should we cancel that one or do you want them both?"

Of course, I canceled the second one as I can barely afford the first one, but being that the ARP 2600 has been one of my dream synths for the longest time, and not being able to afford a $16,000 restored vintage one from ToneTweakers, I just couldn't pass up the chance to get a brand new reissue like this!

As for stands; since I have no room in my little crowded studio, the ARP 2600 is going in my living room. The Road Case will be the stand for the synth itself, and the keyboard will go on this one (On Stage KS7150 Table Top Keyboard Stand) that I've seen in a lot of the Korg videos for the ARP 2600...

https://media.americanmusical.com/It...rge/p37439.jpg

ElectronicFur 30th January 2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Station (Post 14500066)
No I called Korg UK and they confirmed g4m had 30 allocated.

I think that he is correct though and that it is the complete allocation for g4m worldwide. Because when I phoned up Korg UK, they told me that the allocation would be done by the Korg distributor for the country where the shop is headquartered.

orangefunk 30th January 2020 10:31 PM

About table/stand... think I might just try with the case it comes in... seems like a nice height and also means I don't have to store that anywhere.

Daves_not_here 30th January 2020 11:26 PM

Same MF boat as Wheezie... likely, potential owner :synth:

sean_synth 31st January 2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesnob (Post 14499839)
I'm also in Canada. Do we know for certain that the number we saw in the previous KARP 2600 thread was accurate? 20 allocated to Canada.

That's what I was told. Where is it that you ordered that got 8?

Oxix52 31st January 2020 12:57 AM

I pre-ordered mine just after 10pm mountain time the evening of Jan. 9th. The next morning, my Sweetwater guy called to let me know I was on the list to get one although he wouldn’t tell me where I am in the waiting list. I have emailed him a couple of times since then to verify everything is still good and he assures me I will indeed be getting one. It is supposed to ship sometime in March. rockout

leighzi88 31st January 2020 01:26 AM

According to my retailer, Australia has been allocated 25 units and the distributor currently has ~60+ back-orders from retailers. Allocations among retailers to be determined in March.

Sweatervest 31st January 2020 03:12 AM

I was 4th on the Sweetwater waiting list and have now moved up to the main shipment. Rep says I’m definitely getting one but I won’t count those chickens till I get the ship notice.

spiceyqueen 31st January 2020 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason moyer (Post 14500064)
Same here. Still not entirely confident I got my order in in time, even though I did it basically the moment they had it listed.

I also preordered through zzounds nearly 3 weeks ago. They changed my order status to 'Backordered' the very next day. I emailed them asking about my spot on the order queue and they said that my order is currently backordered and they don't have an estimated delivery date from korg yet, but will let me know as soon as they receive shipment..

I'm p sure thats a generic email, but i'm also just rlly hopeful that i got one confoosed;) :lol:

piazzolla 31st January 2020 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason moyer (Post 14500064)
Same here. Still not entirely confident I got my order in in time, even though I did it basically the moment they had it listed.

You should be good. Because I talked to them the following day and they said that they still have 5 more to sell.

crumb bumb 31st January 2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crumb bumb (Post 14499872)
Replacing my cheapass Ikea 47" Linnmon table with a cheapass Ikea 78" Linnmon table.

Maybe. I should probably weigh everything first, considering the 110lb weight limit...

I realized last night that I have room for an additional Linnmon 39" table, which is perfect for the 2600 + keyboard. PLUS, I get to feed my apparent addiction for trash furniture!

Pustule 31st January 2020 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I placed an order with both Sweetwater & Guitar Center for this. Sweetwater put me on a "waiting list" but said i'm just a few cancelations away from being bumped up to being confirmed getting one. Guitar center claims I am confirmed getting one, and gave me 15% off my order when I placed it, which was a nice surprise.

I did an online chat with Guitar Center to try and get some more info.... I'm skeptical of GC, and I don't feel super confident that a unit is really reserved for me (even though they've assured me i'm good).

I'll attach a screen chat of some of my chat with GC....

d2ba 31st January 2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genshi (Post 14500501)
First to preorder at a major U.S. retailer. I called them two days before any official announcement and told them to put me on their list that didn't even exist yet. They were confused, and two evenings later at 9:00PM Pacific Time when Korg made their official announcement and the retailers turned on their pre-order systems, I pressed the button just in case...

The next morning I got a call from my guy and he said: "well, I see you have two pre-orders in, the one that's first on the list per your request a couple of days ago, and another one that puts you around 30th, should we cancel that one or do you want them both?"

Of course, I canceled the second one as I can barely afford the first one, but being that the ARP 2600 has been one of my dream synths for the longest time, and not being able to afford a $16,000 restored vintage one from ToneTweakers, I just couldn't pass up the chance to get a brand new reissue like this!

As for stands; since I have no room in my little crowded studio, the ARP 2600 is going in my living room. The Road Case will be the stand for the synth itself, and the keyboard will go on this one (On Stage KS7150 Table Top Keyboard Stand) that I've seen in a lot of the Korg videos for the ARP 2600...

https://media.americanmusical.com/It...rge/p37439.jpg

Jan 9th 2020 a day before the official announcement Ty on Sonic TALK603 kindly tipped punters off about the ARP2600FS and price he had already preordered for GDP3200 (Speculating that may have been with Andertons UK as GBP3200 was original listed price when they went live with Preorders in first few hours) Any sharp punter would have preordered before list came official after seeing Sonic Talk 603.
link here
https://youtu.be/pQSmJ1JeDm0?t=1341

d2ba 31st January 2020 06:31 PM

One here up for auction --they have arrived in Japan
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=j621034456

d2ba 31st January 2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leighzi88 (Post 14500909)
According to my retailer, Australia has been allocated 25 units and the distributor currently has ~60+ back-orders from retailers. Allocations among retailers to be determined in March.

In NZ we got only 6 units --3 arriving mid Feb(Shipped left Japan) and other 3 arriving March. That said I believe other much larger distributers will be putting pressure on Korg not to ship any units that have not left Japan to AU/NZ and try to snag them themselves!!.

spiceyqueen 31st January 2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piazzolla (Post 14501327)
You should be good. Because I talked to them the following day and they said that they still have 5 more to sell.

May I ask which day of the week this was when you asked?

piazzolla 31st January 2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiceyqueen (Post 14502367)
May I ask which day of the week this was when you asked?

It was the 10th. Towards the end of the day.

Deleted baa19f3 31st January 2020 07:06 PM

I'm not a future owner but I peeked through the thread. ;)
Congratulations to anyone who ordered one and for those who are on a list, I hope you also get one.

You all are very fortunate to be a future owner, and I hope it gives you years of musical enjoyment. :)

godfrey 31st January 2020 08:03 PM

I’m also a member of the future owners club..( hopefully)
My order is with Guitar Center ( although I was denied any discount price) and verified via email, telephone, and their online chat...I’m nonetheless, still only partially assured I’ll actually get one...
I guess I’ll know come March...the supposed shipping date.
Fingers crossed...
...any other guitar center customers?

Deleted 3d8e4b3 31st January 2020 08:57 PM

All the best for this thread and future owners. It's a new dawn, a new day, a new year & a new decade.

I look forward to seeing pix of the happy new owners and hearing any sound demo's you may bless us with :chug:

orangecaruption 31st January 2020 09:06 PM

Looks like there's one for sale in U.S on seattle craigslist

"Korg Arp 2600 Reissue synthesizer"

d2ba 31st January 2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d2ba (Post 14502350)
Jan 9th 2020 a day before the official announcement Ty on Sonic TALK603 kindly tipped punters off about the ARP2600FS and price he had already preordered for GDP3200 (Speculating that may have been with Andertons UK as GBP3200 was original listed price when they went live with preorders in first few hours) Any sharp punter would have preordered before list came official after seeing Sonic Talk 603.
link here

The leak may have been root cause of sellout before NAMM (with the knowledge some the units had already been allocated to industry insiders, created a buyers frenzy)

Deleted 3d8e4b3 31st January 2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d2ba (Post 14502666)
The leak may have been root cause of sellout before NAMM (with the knowledge some the units had already been allocated to industry insiders, created a buyers frenzy)

Wait and see how the year pans out. Sit back and enjoy the show.

All i'm gonna say at this point is 'they are not all sold out'. Don't take that as 'Shop around Bro, you can still buy it from some sellers etc'. That's not what i'm saying. And i'm not talking re-sellers.

Just give it time. It's all good kfhkh

xxxdkModexxx 31st January 2020 09:22 PM

I just spoke with my American Musical Supply Rep. He stated if my order status is still “backordered” that I will receive my unit. When? He does not know. He confirmed with his manager before guaranteeing I was in line to get one.

One batch apparently has made it in and shipped. Another 2 shipments are scheduled to arrive this month. rockout rockout rockout

VIAX 31st January 2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyou777 (Post 14502681)
Wait and see how the year pans out. Sit back and enjoy the show.

All i'm gonna say at this point is 'they are not all sold out'. Don't take that as 'Shop around Bro, you can still buy it from some sellers etc'. That's not what i'm saying. And i'm not talking re-sellers.

Just give it time. It's all good kfhkh

Thank you for the spark of hope!

I would kill for a black/orange reissue

genshi 31st January 2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d2ba (Post 14502350)
Jan 9th 2020 a day before the official announcement Ty on Sonic TALK603 kindly tipped punters off about the ARP2600FS and price he had already preordered for GDP3200 (Speculating that may have been with Andertons UK as GBP3200 was original listed price when they went live with Preorders in first few hours) Any sharp punter would have preordered before list came official after seeing Sonic Talk 603.
link here

Yes, I know, I saw that, but I called in a day before that based on their [Korg] Instagram teaser a week before... I just knew it was an ARP 2600, and it had to be full-sized if it was being wheeled out in a road case. I didn't care what the price was, just knew I had to have it. The next day when Ty basically confirmed on that Sonictalk episode, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I should be first on the order list and that I'll actually be able to afford it.