The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread

Okay, now that the original Korg ARP 2600 thread has died under the weight of it's own disgust with itself, I'm hoping we can start a new one focused on anyone who actually *got* a preorder slot.

I'm super high on the list in Canada by the sounds of it and am supposedly going to receive mine in the first shipment to arrive. Ordered the morning of the announcement at L&M.

They told me later in February, but these are already arriving in consumer hands in Japan, the rest of us can't be far behind!

Could we PLEASE try to keep these thread about people who have successfully preordered one, your experience in talking with your retailer, any news and updates on timelines or evidence around the internet of Arps arriving -- and of course, photographs and videos of them arriving in the wild?

No whining about Korg's choices, the amount made, etc etc. I think that horse has been beaten, killed, and set on fire.

Keen to keep tabs on everybody's experience with getting one of these beauties!!
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

I ordered from gear4music in the UK. They took a 'pre-payment' from my credit card. On the phone they told me I will definitely get one as my name is on the initial list of 30 people that are earmarked to receive one mid May.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Yes it's very similar to what happened with the Moog One thread. Started, immediately collapsed in petty bickering, closed, reopened, 100 pages of mostly nonsense, until finally a new thread for "owners only" was the only way to have some meaningful discussion on the real thing.
Quite sad, but that's gearslutz lately.

I am on a waiting list with very little hope, so I'll follow this thread but won't participate unless I actually get the synth.
In the meantime, thanks for the effort and let's hope to have some civil discussions!
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Good idea!

I am second on a good retailer’s list - I am told my spot is secure.

I was blown away by seeing and playing it in person at NAMM - I can’t imagine anyone that’s going to get one being disappointed.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

Placed an order through Syntaur in the US. Last I heard was mid-Feb.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
I was blown away by seeing and playing it in person at NAMM - I can’t imagine anyone that’s going to get one being disappointed.
I was at NAMM too and had a nice 15 minutes bonding experience with it. I played a vintage one years ago and it stuck in my head ever since then, it was beautiful to relive that experience on this beauty. People really have to play with it to understand how exacting Korg's work seems to have been on this!!
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Like my friend above me here, I also have a confirmed pre-order through Syntaur. Mid-February can’t come soon enough!
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Very stoked that the narrative of mid-february seems to be legit and oft-repeated.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

I have a confirmed preorder with KMR in the UK. They mention March time for delivery at present.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland4387 View Post
Like my friend above me here, I also have a confirmed pre-order through Syntaur. Mid-February can’t come soon enough!
It's going to be a long couple weeks.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Maniac
have you guys thought about where/how to set it up already?
my initial thought was to put it on a jaspers stand but with the keyboard and its height the footprint may be just a tad too big for a jaspers

maybe get an extra table?
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

I'm also in Canada. Do we know for certain that the number we saw in the previous KARP 2600 thread was accurate? 20 allocated to Canada.
Anyways, I found out about this 2600 late- over a week after the initial announcement-, but somehow was able to lock down one of the alleged 20 for 100% certain.
Called the shop I always go to for all my synth needs who at that point had a list of 15+ at that point, but were only getting a guaranteed eight, seven of which I was told already had money down on them, and that if I could put the money down, I would be promised one. Needless to say, I've never whooped out my credit card fast enough. I feel very fortunate, especially considering how few Canada got and how late I found out about it. A 2600 has always been an absolute dream/pinnacle synth and this will be a lovely piece to help rebuild my synth collection, all of which I had to sell off a couple years ago. Really can't wait. And fwiw, while they wouldn't give me a date, when I asked "will it be sometime in late spring?" the guy said it'll be much sooner.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannykorrson View Post
my initial thought was to put it on a jaspers stand but with the keyboard and its height the footprint may be just a tad too big for a jaspers

I'm in the same quandary. I have a K&M Omega stand with attachments that I don't really use but it doesn't have anything to stop me knocking the Arp backwards off it!
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:

Replacing my cheapass Ikea 47" Linnmon table with a cheapass Ikea 78" Linnmon table.

Maybe. I should probably weigh everything first, considering the 110lb weight limit...
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumb bumb View Post
Replacing my cheapass Ikea 47" Linnmon table with a cheapass Ikea 78" Linnmon table.

Maybe. I should probably weigh everything first, considering the 110lb weight limit...
Hahaha I'm currently using one of those for some cable soldering work in my studio. Prior to that it was the 'meat' table for a BBQ last year and it didn't take that well.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

I ordered mine from Zzounds. My est. Shipment date is 02/03/2020. We’ll see if it’s gonna ship that soon. Very excited about it!!
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntronShedir View Post
Prior to that it was the 'meat' table for a BBQ last year and it didn't take that well.
Yeesh. This thing is like veneered cardboard. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is literally veneered cardboard. Maybe I should look into upping my furniture budget.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear
Ordered mine in the UK on the announcement date morning, after confirmation of order received a later email stating expected delivery on or araound 27/1/2020. I thought this date to be somewhat hopeful but maybe an indication of being in the first batch into the UK. When I ordered my Model D re-issue from the same dealer I did receive one of the first 20 to arrive in the UK so I'm somewhat hope here. You never know!
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
I ordered from gear4music in the UK. They took a 'pre-payment' from my credit card. On the phone they told me I will definitely get one as my name is on the initial list of 30 people that are earmarked to receive one mid May.
Hmm... that 30 must be their complete allocation across all countries as I was told the same thing and I live in Norway.

I am #12 .
Old 30th January 2020
Here for the gear

I put in an order at Musicians Friend. It says "Backordered" atm. I called and they assured me that I got in. We'll see.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

I have two of these Zaor keyboard stands - going to put the ARP right next to the GRP A4 and put the keyboard on the case in front of it. I'm all set!
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-a4.jpg  
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

This is the keyboard stand/table thing I am talking about:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...yboard-trolley

It's a nice piece, I use one under the studio desk, the other flush against the wall.
Old 30th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by piazzolla View Post
I ordered mine from Zzounds. My est. Shipment date is 02/03/2020. We’ll see if it’s gonna ship that soon. Very excited about it!!
Same here. Still not entirely confident I got my order in in time, even though I did it basically the moment they had it listed.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post
Hmm... that 30 must be their complete allocation across all countries as I was told the same thing and I live in Norway.

I am #12 .
No I called Korg UK and they confirmed g4m had 30 allocated.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
No I called Korg UK and they confirmed g4m had 30 allocated.
I talked with G4M and they said they had 30.
Old 30th January 2020
Here for the gear

I work nights running digital printing presses and happened to be cruising around youtube when the first couple of videos hit pre-NAMM.

I went home at 4am and got one from Sweetwater after deliberating the rest of my shift whether I needed one and if it was a wise purchase. Ship is mid feb to early March and I am confirmed in first 30 orders.

I knew it would likely sell out quick and that there would be a long wait for restock, but I had no idea it would be as limited as it's starting to appear.

As far as a stand, I think I'm going to put the flight case up against a wall with the 2600 on top of that and then use an x-stand in front for the keyboard. I have to do something with the case anyways.

I also bought a 1601 sequencer pcb/panel/parts kit from Synthcube that will arrive here this week to keep the Arp happy. No idea where that will go yet.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenerateElite View Post
got one from Sweetwater after deliberating the rest of my shift whether I needed one and if it was a wise purchase. Ship is mid feb to early March and I am confirmed in first 30 orders.
Exactly the same for me.

I have no where to put it in my studio right now...but I don't care. I'm grabbing one of these without question. I'll figure it out. I always do!
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

I'm in a weird spot in the stand department too, maybe you guys know of a product that could help me.

I'm trying to put this next to my seated position in my studio vs in my main synth rack area -- that area is currently occupied by a Moog Matriarch (roughly same width as the arp) and then my fender deluxe sits on a shelf above and behind that.

As it's a primary midi controller for my rig and the Arp's keyboard has no velocity/sustain, I need the matriarch to remain lowest and closest to me, and i somehow want to put the 2600 just above and back slightly, but not so far back

I was thinking a Jaspers 4-tier with the 3rd tier removed to accommodate the 20" height of the Arp on tier 2, but i'm not convinced the top tier would safely hold a guitar amp even if using a strengthening bar flat. Maybe it would tho? Maybe there's a better way? Would love advice from anyone!

Studio ergonomics... THE HOLY GRAIL ammirite?
Old 30th January 2020
Here for the gear

Any plan where you sit under a guitar amp is probably a bad one.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post
I talked with G4M and they said they had 30.
Ok misunderstood what you meant.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search