The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread
Old 6 days ago
blw
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by agdmmusic View Post
I just spoke to my SW rep and was told only 3 units arrived today and that I have 25 people in line ahead of me which is half the number of units left to take delivery of to complete their total number they had allocated and are scheduled to arrive 07/07/2020
Sorry if I'm slow. You were told that most would arrive by 7/7? Might finally be time to start making space in my studio!
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw View Post
Sorry if I'm slow. You were told that most would arrive by 7/7? Might finally be time to start making space in my studio!
Now that I'm searching back through this thread and the original thread, I can't seem to find the actual measurements of the keyboard+synth footprint. Looks like from the specs it should be atleast 36" x 20" .. so probably a little bigger for wiggle room in real life. If anyone has one in person and can measure what a comfortable real-world footprint is, that would be great. I just got done cleaning up my music room, so need to figure out where this will go too (probably on a small IKEA table).

Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blw View Post
That’s what it is showing in their system...but then again...it wouldn’t be the first time they didn’t receive the entire order that was expected....I mean...that’s how we got here...waiting month after month after month...you know this is probably part of some covert cia plan to see how long a person will go until canceling their order...
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Picked mine up Saturday! Came into Three Wave Music out of the blue. They said Korg has been sending them one at a time randomly. It seems like the US east coast just got a batch. My dealer thinks there will be 1000 global. 400 US, 400 Europe, 200 for the rest of the world. Not sure where he got his numbers. Mine is #514
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnerK View Post
Picked mine up Saturday! Came into Three Wave Music out of the blue. They said Korg has been sending them one at a time randomly. It seems like the US east coast just got a batch. My dealer thinks there will be 1000 global. 400 US, 400 Europe, 200 for the rest of the world. Not sure where he got his numbers. Mine is #514
Congrats!
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
...you know this is probably part of some covert cia plan to see how long a person will go until canceling their order...
... a social experiment.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Now that I'm searching back through this thread and the original thread, I can't seem to find the actual measurements of the keyboard+synth footprint. Looks like from the specs it should be atleast 36" x 20" .. so probably a little bigger for wiggle room in real life. If anyone has one in person and can measure what a comfortable real-world footprint is, that would be great. I just got done cleaning up my music room, so need to figure out where this will go too (probably on a small IKEA table).

36 x 20 is about right accounting for handles, latches and whatnot.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
My 2600 is in transit from Sweetwater as well! Ordered soon after they went on sale Jan 9th.
Old 6 days ago
blw
Here for the gear
Quote:
That’s what it is showing in their system...but then again...it wouldn’t be the first time they didn’t receive the entire order that was expected....I mean...that’s how we got here...waiting month after month after month...you know this is probably part of some covert cia plan to see how long a person will go until canceling their order...
I have a tracking number from Sweetwater now, too. Either all three of us getting units from that shipment happen to be participating in this thread, which I find kind of remarkable, or perhaps they got more in than was stated.

Mine is expected for July 3. My wife was wanting to go out of town for the holiday weekend, but I may not be available now.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post
G4M just sent me a msg that korg only going to send them a final of 3 units that will be delivered late September and cant garantue more units.

I am numbed 12 on the list. So that means they had to cancel my order.
They will sent back the money.

G4M said Korg confirmed multiple times they could fullfill all the orders. And just recently they suddenly said 'whoopsie we cant anymore'. Kind of dissapointing by Korg.

What a mess.
Wow... so I scraped in. I actually rechecked my email and I was #3 . Went from #12 to #3 .
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post
Wow... so I scraped in. I actually rechecked my email and I was #3 . Went from #12 to #3 .
How?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
When I made the order in January I was #12 , I guess they must have delivered 9 of them and so have 3 left. Or maybe some people dropped out...
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
I just spoke to my SW rep and was told only 3 units arrived today and that I have 25 people in line ahead of me which is half the number of units left to take delivery of to complete their total number they had allocated and are scheduled to arrive 07/07/2020
Woah, cool! About to email my SW rep now. I ordered at like 10am on 1/10, so hoping my wait is about to come to an end.
Could never get him to tell me what number I was in line, but months ago said I was in the "sure to get group, especially after people have canceled" hoping that is indeed true...
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pustule View Post
Woah, cool! About to email my SW rep now. I ordered at like 10am on 1/10, so hoping my wait is about to come to an end.
Could never get him to tell me what number I was in line, but months ago said I was in the "sure to get group, especially after people have canceled" hoping that is indeed true...
I've got tracking info for mine too - hurrah! I feel like I ordered relatively late compared to everyone else (it was sometime later on 1/10, that night I believe). Probably going to have to play it sitting on the floor like Klaus Schulze for the time being
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pustule View Post
Looks like you and I (and others...) must have ordered around the same time.
I haven’t heard anything yet myself except that it was pushed back from June to July.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Welp, just heard from my SW rep... My wait continues....

"Now Korg is saying they have "very low confidence" in meeting their new eta which they had given us, which was supposedly next week."

Oh well!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Arrived in perfect condition. The box was definitely battered, but Syntaur did a fantastic job securing the corners and edges.

Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Sorry no pics but mine arrived today, also in perfect condition thanks to Sweetwater. Kids are getting in the way but I just spent a half hour with it and i think it’s the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

So happy for the ones who still get them. But also it's sour for me as G4M had to cancel my preorder as they dont get enough arp2600s .... noooooo
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Just the facts: Ordered from local Birmingham, AL retailer on Jan 22. Received 7/1/20. Mfgd 02/2020. Serial 00051x Condition: excellent exterior cardboard had a ding or two. Everything else was pristine. It was even in tune ( all 3 oscs! ) when I first turned it on. had (5) 2' cables and (5) 4' cables.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

What I remember about the 2600 from the late 70's is
1) it looked so cool. I actually saw it a couple of years before I heard it or had hands on with it
2) the normalization really accelerated programming the instrument
3) the layout was roomy
4) such a great compliment of processing "between the speakers" (noise/lag/cv mixer/S&H/Electronic switch).
I've had a chance to play with the 2600 for an hour or so. It really sounds great (better than I anticipated) just out of the speakers. Even my wife was impressed with the sound. If the reverb is not over driven by percussive sounds, it sounds great (esp. the stereo field). It gets twangy if you hit it percussively. Overdriving the filter sounds amazing. Putting the ring mod in "DC" mode, also amazing. Perhaps I can do an audio demo later.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZHALL View Post
It really sounds great (better than I anticipated) just out of the speakers.
It does, doesn’t it? I was seriously impressed with the depth and volume of sound coming from those speakers. Initially, I thought they may be a wasted feature, but, they are more than good enough for just fooling around and exploring the machine. Makes spontaneous usage much easier.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post
G4M just sent me a msg that korg only going to send them a final of 3 units that will be delivered late September and cant garantue more units.

I am numbed 12 on the list. So that means they had to cancel my order.
They will sent back the money.

G4M said Korg confirmed multiple times they could fullfill all the orders. And just recently they suddenly said 'whoopsie we cant anymore'. Kind of dissapointing by Korg.

What a mess.
Is this a Waiting List you are referring to? I’m in the UK with a delayed order with G4M, My order has never shown where I am in any list?

Just wondering if you ever had an accepted order?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

01/09/20 11:07 PM - order confirmation email received
07/02/20 12:47 PM - 2600 delivered
Candy included.
Old 3 days ago
BIS
Here for the gear
Just had this message from G4M (I'm in the UK for info):

"Dear ----------,

Thank you for your patience as we process your recent order.

We were waiting for the Arp 2600 Analog Synthesizer to arrive from our suppliers.

Our estimated delivery dates are normally reliable, and very occasionally when our website does not state that we have an item in stock, we rely on our suppliers to deliver the product within their normal timescale. This clearly did not happen on this occasion, for which we are very sorry.

We have since been advised by Korg that we are no longer able to obtain this stock.

As a result, we have cancelled your order.
Your pre-authorisation has been cancelled. Even though we haven’t debited your account, it can take around 3-5 working days for the money to be made available again by your card account provider.

We will contact you if we need further information to process your refund.

We appreciate that this was due to no error of your own and please accept our apologies for any and all inconvenience this has caused.

We hope this has been useful.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do let us know by giving us a ring on 0330 365 4444 or by simply replying to this email.

Thank you for choosing Gear4music."

Whilst disappointing it is good news for Sequential as that's where my money will be going now
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIS View Post
Just had this message from G4M (I'm in the UK for info):

"Dear ----------,

Thank you for your patience as we process your recent order.

We were waiting for the Arp 2600 Analog Synthesizer to arrive from our suppliers.

Our estimated delivery dates are normally reliable, and very occasionally when our website does not state that we have an item in stock, we rely on our suppliers to deliver the product within their normal timescale. This clearly did not happen on this occasion, for which we are very sorry.

We have since been advised by Korg that we are no longer able to obtain this stock.

As a result, we have cancelled your order.
Your pre-authorisation has been cancelled. Even though we haven’t debited your account, it can take around 3-5 working days for the money to be made available again by your card account provider.

We will contact you if we need further information to process your refund.

We appreciate that this was due to no error of your own and please accept our apologies for any and all inconvenience this has caused.

We hope this has been useful.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do let us know by giving us a ring on 0330 365 4444 or by simply replying to this email.

Thank you for choosing Gear4music."

Whilst disappointing it is good news for Sequential as that's where my money will be going now
Snap! Also in the UK and just had this exact same Email!

Would I ever buy anything new from Korg ever again? Right now NO!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Yes. I've been ejected by G4M. No 2600 for me either. Korg have told G4M that they can only supply 4 more and production has ended. I was around number 8 so I just missed the boat. Never mind.

I've also been privy to an email from Korg. The gist of it is: Production has ceased for the foreseeable future, they didn't fulfil the amount they were supposed to make due to 'production issues'(stock of parts?, build issues??, quality control?). But.....it has not been discontinued and that means production could start again or maybe of a MKII or possibly a mini or some other format in the future.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
they didn't fulfil the amount they were supposed to make due to 'production issues'(stock of parts?, build issues??, quality control?)
...maybe an ongoing pandemic raging around the world?

for what is worth, Bax also canceled my preorder for good. Not that I had any belief it would ever be fulfilled (I hadn't even put away the necessary €4K), but at least they've been transparent about it.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider76 View Post
...maybe an ongoing pandemic raging around the world?
Well yes..but other Korg products dont seem to have been affected this badly. It could quite simply have been a design issue. I guess we will never know.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Number 497 arrived in perfect shape from Sweetwater.
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-7645bb43-de2c-4e27-ad56-605f1b218f58.jpg   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-8bb872be-0a00-4b98-8da0-65dc0ea5c20a.jpg  
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear