The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread
Old 1 week ago
  #1651
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station2station View Post
Wow really nice. You did some excellent work. Love the black screws into the walnut with the black cup washers. Classy. What is your filter setup?
4012. It whistles very nicely when asked to.

I do have a 4072 module I built as well, but never felt the need to try it.
Old 1 week ago
  #1652
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacboy View Post
And for mine, I chose to mount it in a lovely walnut case. It cost me a lot of money to do all of this, and took a LOT of my time to get it where I wanted it to be.
Nice! What's the small black box? Is that custom?
Old 1 week ago
  #1653
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZHALL View Post
Nice! What's the small black box? Is that custom?
Yes - my interpretation of the TTSH 'shapers' PCB that some folks use to mod their TTSH. I chose to build it into a separate unit so I could use it with multiple synths (that have signal levels similar to the ARP 2600)

It serves two main purposes:


1) Equipes VCO1 and VCO3 with a saw and sine output. For example, with two sources for a sine, you can make some nice classic sci-fi effects with the ring modulator.

2) Configurable divider, either derived from VCO1 or VCO3, or a different external input. Can select between ac or dc offset output. Intended to help restore bass in a patch using a lot of filter resonance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-img_0708.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
  #1654
Just got a call from FedEx ... it seems mine from ProAudioStar will be delivered on Tuesday.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up until it actually gets here, but fingers crossed...
Old 6 days ago
  #1655
Here for the gear
 

My ARP2600FS was delivered today. I ordered it from Kraft Music on Friday, January 10, 2020 which put me on their list at #4 . At the time, the sales advisor emailed to let me know I should be in the first shipment to Kraft Music expected in the third week of February. Should the shipment schedule slide he felt sure that a unit would be shipped out to me by the second expected shipment in early to mid March.

Then the forced lockdown happened.

I was informed on Wednesday, May 13 by the sales advisor through email that the 2600 had just arrived at the store. He went on to state that the unit would be shipped out the next day. Now, I had discovered this thread and read the many stories of damaged units arriving so I promptly emailed the sales associate with my concerns. His immediate reply was "This is why we decided to ship freight. They handle the big boxes better." I felt confident that all was in good hands.

On Monday, May 18, I received a call from CevaLogistics to schedule the delivery to my home. I selected the earliest date which happened to be today.

The unit arrived completely sealed in medium-heavy cardboard with foam inserts throughout to cushion to unit. Somehow, someway, the unit still sustained damage to one side of the case. It was like the unit was damaged then packed in the final shipping box. There were two yellow mylar bands secured around the box. It did not appear that this was new packing applied by Kraft Music. I was relived to discover as I unpacked the unit that the damage is only cosmetic in nature to the outside of the case. Nevertheless, for $4K it sucks that this is how it arrived.

I do not believe the unit sustained the damage during its travel to my residence via CevaLogistics. I suspect this damage occurred from Korg to Kraft Music or possibly before this part of its journey.

Kraft Music and the sales advisor that assisted me, Scott Collins, have been extremely supportive with my questions and concerns over the past 5 months. Big thanks to Scott.

Will I make a complaint for the damage to the case? Nah.

But I would like to know why so many units have been damaged. For this to happen to so many units seems a bit suspicious. If I were Korg management I would investigate immediately.

Anyways, I hope everyone gets their 2600 soon. Fingers crossed you get it without damage, too!
Old 6 days ago
  #1656
Lives for gear
 
drxcm's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybobby View Post
But I would like to know why so many units have been damaged. For this to happen to so many units seems a bit suspicious. If I were Korg management I would investigate immediately.
Korg don’t need to investigate that deeply, the exterior packaging they specced is inadequate. It’s nobody’s fault but theirs.
Old 6 days ago
  #1657
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybobby View Post
But I would like to know why so many units have been damaged. For this to happen to so many units seems a bit suspicious. If I were Korg management I would investigate immediately.
Korg don’t need to investigate that deeply, the exterior packaging they specced is inadequate. It’s nobody’s fault but theirs.
Sorry. My point was that the unit sustained damage to the aluminum channeling on one edge of the case... but the entire case was wrapped in medium-heavy cardboard that was NOT damaged or ruptured. That's the part that smells fishy to me. I agree steps could have be taken to pack the units with more robust protection. I will also 100% agree the case is merely an ornamental offering. It is NOT an ATA300 spec case for sure!


Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecaruption View Post
Paying an exorbitant 4k for a 3 osc mono synth and having it show up busted and 5 months late is mental. This a PR disaster for Korg.
Yes. Indeed, there are many exciting alternatives out there. The reissue Moog Model D is very nice. The Behringer Model D is an exact replica in terms of sound. Isn't such is a great time for analog synths? The 1970s has to be jealous.
Old 4 days ago
  #1658
Here for the gear
 
juan_boqueron's Avatar
 

After ordering my ARP 2600 on the 17th of January I've been finally able to own one, today. I have an orange faced already and a 1-to-one test says the sliders are bit more flimsy on the new one but they're well oiled compared to the old one. Kudos, it could also be that, as they're old, they're stiffer on my old orange one, which has a crap pre-modified filter. The packaging was abysmal, although there were no damages to the "flight case" it came into. This case is nice, but nowhere road-worthy? Cool it came into this, now I have someone to clone it to actual road-worthiness? Other than that, it sounds like a bliss! I tried the envelope trick to a Gibson SG, the one that Pete Townshend did. It sounded as good as on the record. Half-way good work, Korg! And thank you, there in Keio! Very much.
Old 4 days ago
  #1659
Here for the gear
 
juan_boqueron's Avatar
 

A side note, if you are proficient in German, a well-known ARP service guy in Munich, has a critical note on the new ARP 2600 FS. He's OK with it, although he says they could have used better components that would set you back like, 20 bucks and he doesn't like the SMD components, probably as he can't repair those. But he does have concerns about the spring reverb, soundwise. Translate it, if you like,

https://www.amazona.de/inside-korg-a...tandsaufnahme/
Old 3 days ago
  #1660
Lives for gear
After a 3 and a half month wait on an order I made through Musician's Friend on February 8, they informed me they will no longer be receiving any Arp 2600s. At this point I'm saying fvck it and building an equally capable synth in Eurorack. I will never give a cent of my money to Korg for the rest of my life over this piss poor business move.
Old 3 days ago
  #1661
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron 99 View Post
After a 3 and a half month wait on an order I made through Musician's Friend on February 8, they informed me they will no longer be receiving any Arp 2600s. At this point I'm saying fvck it and building an equally capable synth in Eurorack. I will never give a cent of my money to Korg for the rest of my life over this piss poor business move.
Sukz...Feb 8th is well over a week after Korg sold out though. My guess is they took your order on a wing and a prayer...hoping they would get stock.
Old 3 days ago
  #1662
Here for the gear
 
spiceyqueen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron 99 View Post
After a 3 and a half month wait on an order I made through Musician's Friend on February 8, they informed me they will no longer be receiving any Arp 2600s. At this point I'm saying fvck it and building an equally capable synth in Eurorack. I will never give a cent of my money to Korg for the rest of my life over this piss poor business move.
tbh sounds like musicians friend just gave you false hope bc these were sold out the month prior.
Old 3 days ago
  #1663
Lives for gear
 
apessino's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceyqueen View Post
tbh sounds like musicians friend just gave you false hope bc these were sold out the month prior.
Not only that, but as I have mentioned multiple times here, the very day of the announcement the Perfect Circuit rep told me Korg was very clear with them that the allocations were not finalized and that, based on demand, they most likely would only receive half of the units they were asking to for.

For that reason he said that he would not take my order as it considered his allotment sold out.

If Perfect Circuit managed to make the right call, I would think other retailers could have too...
Old 3 days ago
  #1664
OZV
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_boqueron View Post
I have an orange faced already...
I know that I sound like a broken record, but damn, I am envious that you still have an orange face: many years ago I sold mine... like an idiot.
I actually looked at buying a refurbished unit. But at the jaw dropping price of $15,000.00, I have to let go of the dream. Think of the incredible amount of cool equipment could be had for the same amount of cabbage.

Congratulations to you and everybody here who has received the new version.
Old 3 days ago
  #1665
blw
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Why not?
These clowns popped up in various places, but I was working on a replica bike from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and wanted the same model clown to chain it to.

OMG, I love you! ;-) Your house must be a wonderland.
Old 3 days ago
  #1666
Here for the gear
 
juan_boqueron's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZV View Post
I actually looked at buying a refurbished unit. But at the jaw dropping price of $15,000.00
Jeez Louise, are they going for 15k, these days? I bought it 20 years ago for 2 grand which I deemed was too steep at the time. Anyways, I don't care if they go for prices like for a Gibson Les Paul 1959. This baby is staying home. You'd be welcome to play it at my place but I live in the Swiss mountains. Not really a commute.
Old 3 days ago
  #1667
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_boqueron View Post
Jeez Louise, are they going for 15k, these days? I bought it 20 years ago for 2 grand which I deemed was too steep at the time. Anyways, I don't care if they go for prices like for a Gibson Les Paul 1959. This baby is staying home. You'd be welcome to play it at my place but I live in the Swiss mountains. Not really a commute.

I paid $5500 for an Orange 2600 on reverb.com in 2017, fully working, complete and all ready serviced by perfect circuit audio. Looking on there now it looks like they have doubled in price in 3 years...
Old 3 days ago
  #1668
Gear Head
 

Ebay and Reverb asking prices are not reflecting the reality. So, no they’re not going for $15k.
Old 3 days ago
  #1669
Gear Nut
 
Station2station's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by piazzolla View Post
Ebay and Reverb asking prices are not reflecting the reality. So, no they’re not going for $15k.
Yes. Completed transaction median seems to be about $9k per reverb
Old 3 days ago
  #1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by piazzolla View Post
Ebay and Reverb asking prices are not reflecting the reality. So, no they’re not going for $15k.
$15K might be a bit aspirational, but there have been a few sales at $11 - 12K, so if the sellers aren't in a hurry they may well push it up there.
Old 3 days ago
  #1671
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieWarhol View Post
$15K might be a bit aspirational, but there have been a few sales at $11 - 12K, so if the sellers aren't in a hurry they may well push it up there.
That’s kind of true. The problem with Reverb is once you sell the gear for a much lower offer than your original asking price. It still shows up as sold for your original asking price.

Ex. $10k original asking price. You offered me 6k. I said ok. The item goes to sold listing as $10k.

Ex 2. $10k original asking price. I made a discount now it says 8k. Your offer is 6k. I sold it. Now it says; Item sold! $10k crossed out $8k.

Higher prices works for Reverb and Ebay because they get more percentage.
Old 2 days ago
  #1672
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_boqueron View Post
After ordering my ARP 2600 on the 17th of January I've been finally able to own one, today. I have an orange faced already and a 1-to-one test says the sliders are bit more flimsy on the new one but they're well oiled compared to the old one. Kudos, it could also be that, as they're old, they're stiffer on my old orange one, which has a crap pre-modified filter. The packaging was abysmal, although there were no damages to the "flight case" it came into. This case is nice, but nowhere road-worthy? Cool it came into this, now I have someone to clone it to actual road-worthiness? Other than that, it sounds like a bliss! I tried the envelope trick to a Gibson SG, the one that Pete Townshend did. It sounded as good as on the record. Half-way good work, Korg! And thank you, there in Keio! Very much.


Can you let me know who will be making your more sturdy case. I need to
do the same as mine is fooked, and in any case, its really crap quality. I think only the nice ARP face plate will survive from it
Old 2 days ago
  #1673
Here for the gear
 

Well mine arrived today - and yes the road case is fooked on one end as GC said. And the rest of it is covered in minor marks and abrasions. Junk basically.

The good news is the contents are basically OK. There is one tiny nick on the tolex on the back of the main unit that I can probably glue back down and make it near as dammit invisible. This are a few very light 'abrasion' type marks on the unit in a few places from the case foam. They match where the foam protrudes inside the case. They might just be from months of the foam pressing against the tolex, and it will return to normal with a bit of heat and light. Or it could be due to those GC idiots who didn't put the material coverings back on everything before they re-shipped it.

now I just need to see if it works.....
Old 2 days ago
  #1674
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piazzolla View Post
That’s kind of true. The problem with Reverb is once you sell the gear for a much lower offer than your original asking price. It still shows up as sold for your original asking price.

Ex. $10k original asking price. You offered me 6k. I said ok. The item goes to sold listing as $10k.

Ex 2. $10k original asking price. I made a discount now it says 8k. Your offer is 6k. I sold it. Now it says; Item sold! $10k crossed out $8k.

Higher prices works for Reverb and Ebay because they get more percentage.
From what I can see, this is partially accurate.

I went back through my reverb history to check on accepted offers. I had to go back to 08/2019 to find one rare enough that it wouldn't bog me down digging though many other sales and would be easy to find when not logged in.

If I search for the item as sold and click on the original listing page, it lists the original price that the item was listed for. I only see the offer history when I'm logged in, assummably because I bought it. The public sees only the original listing price (and shipping).

However, in the price guide, the date corresponding to my purchase shows the accepted offer price, not the original listing price.

I can't see any way to tie the listings in the sold search to the price history though, which is a bit of a PITA when trying to estimate value against condition. It can sort of be backed in to with the feedback, where a date is recorded, but that's a stretch.
Old 2 days ago
  #1675
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyflat View Post
From what I can see, this is partially accurate.

I went back through my reverb history to check on accepted offers. I had to go back to 08/2019 to find one rare enough that it wouldn't bog me down digging though many other sales and would be easy to find when not logged in.

If I search for the item as sold and click on the original listing page, it lists the original price that the item was listed for. I only see the offer history when I'm logged in, assummably because I bought it. The public sees only the original listing price (and shipping).

However, in the price guide, the date corresponding to my purchase shows the accepted offer price, not the original listing price.

I can't see any way to tie the listings in the sold search to the price history though, which is a bit of a PITA when trying to estimate value against condition. It can sort of be backed in to with the feedback, where a date is recorded, but that's a stretch.
You're right. I forgot about the Price guide. It's a good idea to check that when looking for a gear. I just checked Reverbs Estimate Price Range for Arp 2600. And it's $5,225 — $6,060. Highest paid price is $11,373.24. Lowest being $5,200.

So deals are out there. If you have time and keep looking. It's very much possible to find good deals.
Old 2 days ago
  #1676
Gear Head
 
ElectronicFur's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicFur View Post
So BAX incompetence continues. Was excited to receive a delivery confirmation the other day.

Here is my ARP 2600 order as received from BAX:



I paid £3200 for a cable
Received my refund from BAX.

So they had my £3200 since January and all I got in the end was a power cable...
Old 2 days ago
  #1677
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_boqueron View Post
A side note, if you are proficient in German, a well-known ARP service guy in Munich, has a critical note on the new ARP 2600 FS. He's OK with it, although he says they could have used better components that would set you back like, 20 bucks and he doesn't like the SMD components, probably as he can't repair those. But he does have concerns about the spring reverb, soundwise. Translate it, if you like,

https://www.amazona.de/inside-korg-a...tandsaufnahme/
Take what Patrick says with a pinch of salt. He builds, modifies and sell TTSH's. I think he has built 30+ . He is naturally going to be biased
Old 2 days ago
  #1678
Lives for gear
 
fanriffic's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicFur View Post
Received my refund from BAX.

So they had my £3200 since January and all I got in the end was a power cable...
..but what a cable !!

I'm starting to believe BAX may actually have been set up as a piece of performance art or immersive theatre.
Old 2 days ago
  #1679
Here for the gear
 

I'm considering the possibility of carefully dismantling my road case by drilling out all the rivets, and cataloging and keeping all the undamaged bits, which I think is about 50% of it.

Then if you have a case in need of a piece of channel, or a latch, or a handle, I will be willing to provide those pieces to you that you need, assuming I have the right bits. You will simply need a drill, rivets and rivet gun. This is for folks in the US only. There are also some bits that are perfectly usable, but with varying degrees of cosmetic damage. So far it has been crickets for over a week about trying to get a replacement from either Korg or GC.
Old 2 days ago
  #1680
Happy to report that mine did arrive today, safe and sound. Shipped pallet-strapped via FedEx Freight. From ProAudioStar, ordered Jan 13. Serial number 0266.
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-20200526_160326.jpg   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-20200526_162414.jpg   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-20200526_163751.jpg   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-20200526_164136.jpg   The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-20200526_164318.jpg  

The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-20200526_164630.jpg  
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump