The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station2station View Post
Wow really nice. You did some excellent work. Love the black screws into the walnut with the black cup washers. Classy. What is your filter setup?
4012. It whistles very nicely when asked to.

I do have a 4072 module I built as well, but never felt the need to try it.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacboy View Post
And for mine, I chose to mount it in a lovely walnut case. It cost me a lot of money to do all of this, and took a LOT of my time to get it where I wanted it to be.
Nice! What's the small black box? Is that custom?
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZHALL View Post
Nice! What's the small black box? Is that custom?
Yes - my interpretation of the TTSH 'shapers' PCB that some folks use to mod their TTSH. I chose to build it into a separate unit so I could use it with multiple synths (that have signal levels similar to the ARP 2600)

It serves two main purposes:

1) Equipes VCO1 and VCO3 with a saw and sine output. For example, with two sources for a sine, you can make some nice classic sci-fi effects with the ring modulator.

2) Configurable divider, either derived from VCO1 or VCO3, or a different external input. Can select between ac or dc offset output. Intended to help restore bass in a patch using a lot of filter resonance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-img_0708.jpg  
Old 2 days ago
Just got a call from FedEx ... it seems mine from ProAudioStar will be delivered on Tuesday.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up until it actually gets here, but fingers crossed...
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

My ARP2600FS was delivered today. I ordered it from Kraft Music on Friday, January 10, 2020 which put me on their list at #4 . At the time, the sales advisor emailed to let me know I should be in the first shipment to Kraft Music expected in the third week of February. Should the shipment schedule slide he felt sure that a unit would be shipped out to me by the second expected shipment in early to mid March.

Then the forced lockdown happened.

I was informed on Wednesday, May 13 by the sales advisor through email that the 2600 had just arrived at the store. He went on to state that the unit would be shipped out the next day. Now, I had discovered this thread and read the many stories of damaged units arriving so I promptly emailed the sales associate with my concerns. His immediate reply was "This is why we decided to ship freight. They handle the big boxes better." I felt confident that all was in good hands.

On Monday, May 18, I received a call from CevaLogistics to schedule the delivery to my home. I selected the earliest date which happened to be today.

The unit arrived completely sealed in medium-heavy cardboard with foam inserts throughout to cushion to unit. Somehow, someway, the unit still sustained damage to one side of the case. It was like the unit was damaged then packed in the final shipping box. There were two yellow mylar bands secured around the box. It did not appear that this was new packing applied by Kraft Music. I was relived to discover as I unpacked the unit that the damage is only cosmetic in nature to the outside of the case. Nevertheless, for $4K it sucks that this is how it arrived.

I do not believe the unit sustained the damage during its travel to my residence via CevaLogistics. I suspect this damage occurred from Korg to Kraft Music or possibly before this part of its journey.

Kraft Music and the sales advisor that assisted me, Scott Collins, have been extremely supportive with my questions and concerns over the past 5 months. Big thanks to Scott.

Will I make a complaint for the damage to the case? Nah.

But I would like to know why so many units have been damaged. For this to happen to so many units seems a bit suspicious. If I were Korg management I would investigate immediately.

Anyways, I hope everyone gets their 2600 soon. Fingers crossed you get it without damage, too!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybobby View Post
But I would like to know why so many units have been damaged. For this to happen to so many units seems a bit suspicious. If I were Korg management I would investigate immediately.
Korg don’t need to investigate that deeply, the exterior packaging they specced is inadequate. It’s nobody’s fault but theirs.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Paying an exorbitant 4k for a 3 osc mono synth and having it show up busted and 5 months late is mental. This a PR disaster for Korg.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecaruption View Post
Paying an exorbitant 4k for a 3 osc mono synth and having it show up busted and 5 months late is mental. This a PR disaster for Korg.
No, it’s not.

Please go away now.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybobby View Post
Korg don’t need to investigate that deeply, the exterior packaging they specced is inadequate. It’s nobody’s fault but theirs.
Sorry. My point was that the unit sustained damage to the aluminum channeling on one edge of the case... but the entire case was wrapped in medium-heavy cardboard that was NOT damaged or ruptured. That's the part that smells fishy to me. I agree steps could have be taken to pack the units with more robust protection. I will also 100% agree the case is merely an ornamental offering. It is NOT an ATA300 spec case for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecaruption View Post
Yes. Indeed, there are many exciting alternatives out there. The reissue Moog Model D is very nice. The Behringer Model D is an exact replica in terms of sound. Isn't such is a great time for analog synths? The 1970s has to be jealous.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

After ordering my ARP 2600 on the 17th of January I've been finally able to own one, today. I have an orange faced already and a 1-to-to test says the sliders are bit more flimsy on the new one but they're well oiled compared to the old one. Kudos, it could also be that, as they're old, they're stiffer on my old orange one, which has a crap pre-modified filter. The packaging was abysmal, although there were no damages to the "flight case" it came into. This case is nice, but nowhere road-worthy? Cool it came into this, now I have someone to clone it to actual road-worthiness? Other than that, it sounds like a bliss! I tried the envelope trick to a Gibson SG, the one that Pete Townshend did. It sounded as good as on the record. Half-way good work, Korg! And thank you, there in Keio! Very much.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

A side note, if you are proficient in German, a well-known ARP service guy in Munich, has a critical note on the new ARP 2600 FS. He's OK with it, although he says they could have used better components that would set you back like, 20 bucks and he doesn't like the SMD components, probably as he can't repair those. But he does have concerns about the spring reverb, soundwise. Translate it, if you like,

https://www.amazona.de/inside-korg-a...tandsaufnahme/

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search