The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread
Old 6 days ago
  #601
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
After a series of cryptic email communications, I eventually got out of them that they had sold out pretty much immediately. I was apparently around 200th in line and the only hope would be if Korg built more (not sure if their allocation has increased, but it was only 100 at the time).
If you are in the first batch, sounds like many people must have cancelled after you ordered. I was close to pulling the trigger when it went up on the site, but talked myself out of it. I won’t be disappointed if I don’t get one. I don’t really have space for it, but if I can get one, I’ll figure something out.
Old 6 days ago
  #602
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station2station View Post
what state are you in?
i just heard from GC, they just charged my account or took a look to see if the money was still there...they don't have any.
Old 6 days ago
  #603
Gear Head
 

For those of you ordering from Sweetwater, this statement was on their latest flyer:

COVID-19 Update: You can count on us. Sweetwater continues to accept all online orders, but shipping will be delayed due to Indiana's mandatory “stay-at-home” guidelines. We hope to begin normal shipping on April 7. Between March 24 and April 6, we will have reduced phone sales support. Please email your Sweetwater Sales Engineer with questions, concerns, or required assistance with your Sweetwater order. Also, if you have any tech support issues, our phone services will be limited but you are encouraged to contact us and we will assist you as quickly as possible.
Old 6 days ago
  #604
Gear Nut
 
Station2station's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkJake View Post
For those of you ordering from Sweetwater, this statement was on their latest flyer:

COVID-19 Update: You can count on us. Sweetwater continues to accept all online orders, but shipping will be delayed due to Indiana's mandatory “stay-at-home” guidelines. We hope to begin normal shipping on April 7. Between March 24 and April 6, we will have reduced phone sales support. Please email your Sweetwater Sales Engineer with questions, concerns, or required assistance with your Sweetwater order. Also, if you have any tech support issues, our phone services will be limited but you are encouraged to contact us and we will assist you as quickly as possible.
Yeah I figured that was coming. Man, just about a week before the best 2600 was to ship.

The April 7th shipping resumption thing is not happening. They will extend that easily 30 days. Potentially 60. My city is under a similar mandate.

Oh well. Happy to be healthy. I have gear I can use in the interim. Be well all.
Old 6 days ago
  #605
Gear Maniac
 
AutomaticGainsay's Avatar
I am of the generation that brought analog back, and I made a career out of the worship of analog sound. Not sound that is analog in production method, but rather the tone that was produced by analog synths that were hailed for having beautiful tone.

The Korg ARP 2600 has absolutely amazing tone, and after having now played four different Korg ARP 2600s, I reiterate that the new version has the tone and behavior of the original grey ARP 2600.

I am also amongst those who are owners.
Old 6 days ago
  #606
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticGainsay View Post
I am of the generation that brought analog back, and I made a career out of the worship of analog sound. Not sound that is analog in production method, but rather the tone that was produced by analog synths that were hailed for having beautiful tone.

The Korg ARP 2600 has absolutely amazing tone, and after having now played four different Korg ARP 2600s, I reiterate that the new version has the tone and behavior of the original grey ARP 2600.

I am also amongst those who are owners.
I watched all of the videos you made regarding the Arp 2600 and I'm a big fan! By the way, would you mind divulging how much you paid for your original 2600?
Old 6 days ago
  #607
Lives for gear
 
AuldLangSine's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticGainsay View Post
I reiterate that the new version has the tone and behavior of the original grey ARP 2600.
No, it doesn’t!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticGainsay View Post
I am also amongst those who are owners.
No, you’re not!

(See Monty Python argument skit featuring “automatic gainsay”)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAvcGcEc0k

P.S. Just teasing— we love you!

Last edited by AuldLangSine; 5 days ago at 04:30 PM..
Old 6 days ago
  #608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Station2station View Post
Yeah I figured that was coming. Man, just about a week before the best 2600 was to ship.

The April 7th shipping resumption thing is not happening. They will extend that easily 30 days. Potentially 60. My city is under a similar mandate.

Oh well. Happy to be healthy. I have gear I can use in the interim. Be well all.
Too bad indeed. I guess they are saying April 7th like everyone else who will re-evaluate around then (even though everyone knows it will be long after - months I'd guess). I regret not buying stuff for my other hobbies to keep busy too. We are probably locking down here in a matter of days.

PS - Play the gear I already own? Bah!
Old 5 days ago
  #609
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genshi View Post
I forgot about the JMJ leak, though back then (December 15) we didn't know if it was true or just speculation on his part. It wasn't until January 8th when Ty on Sonicstate accidentally leaked that Korg let him pre-order one direct... it was a day before that that I had got a feeling to call into Sweetwater. Then on the 9th at 9:00PM Pacific Time is when Korg made their official announcement and all the retailers turned on the pre-ordering system... just to be safe, I clicked the pre-order button within a minute after 9pm and then the next morning my rep sent me this email:

"I'm sure you've seen overnight that the ARP2600 popped up on our site, we were not allowed to officially confirm or deny anything until today. That being said, I put an order in for you yesterday and got you first in line, anyone who was saying they are 30th in line before yesterday is just incorrect because our item ID didn't go live until yesterday morning for us to put people into line with. I have you all taken care of and will cancel the order you put in last night (unless you want 2 lol). Let me know and I'll get you taken care of!"

When I called in later that day he confirmed that I was first from the call-in two days prior, and low 30s from the second "pre-order" buy on their site (which of course I had him cancel because I can't afford two of them!)

In any case, looks like we will be getting them unless something happens with this whole pandemic thing that could derail the larger shipments to Sweetwater...
I reckon you wont see any 2600's for remainder of 2020 because of pandemic -apart from the ones on a slow boat -2021 will be the minimum time they will start to manufacture and ship them again. Or may even be worse than 2021 ETA
Old 5 days ago
  #610
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
Not sure. Korg UK told me they are all manufactured and Japan are still shipping. The blockage will be more likely be distributors at your location if they are on lockdown.
Old 5 days ago
  #611
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
Not sure. Korg UK told me they are all manufactured and Japan are still shipping. The blockage will be more likely be distributors at your location if they are on lockdown.
I'm more worried about the retailer that has my deposit going out of business completely.....
Old 5 days ago
  #612
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2ba View Post
I reckon you wont see any 2600's for remainder of 2020 because of pandemic -apart from the ones on a slow boat -2021 will be the minimum time they will start to manufacture and ship them again. Or may even be worse than 2021 ETA
Lol, reaaallly?
Old 5 days ago
  #613
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muz66 View Post
I'm more worried about the retailer that has my deposit going out of business completely.....
Yes..luckily G4M didn’t take any money from me yet.
Old 5 days ago
  #614
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post
Lol, reaaallly?
Yep no way will we even see a NAMM in jan 2021 you may as well write off the next two years in the musical instrument manufacturing and sales industry. this is just my guess, because no one knows for sure where the world is headed with the pandemic. My personal thoughts are we will be very lucky to see new product by 2022.
Old 5 days ago
  #615
OZV
Here for the gear
 

Silver lining...?

This is my first post here in Gearslutz, so right off the bat I might as well give you folks a little insight into how my head works.
As a previous owner of an orange face ARP 2600 I too am anxiously awaiting my chance at nabbing one of the new units....from Sweetwater: just like everybody and their dog is doing.
But apparently I'm juuuuust off the tail-end of the list. With this economic downturn some people who are further up the list might not have the money to afford the 2600s once they become available.

Enter my idea of a "silver lining": I am an old fart with lots of money so I can wait patiently for the less fortunate and work my way up the list.

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

I've seen a few people asking about what type of stand to use with the ARP 2600. The lid for the synth section will fit face down over the top of a regular X-stand (like an Ultimate support IQ-X-2000), at least it did back in the day. That gives enough room to hold the synth and the keyboard. When I was on stage I'd use it that way. I even put the keyboard lid under the synth section to get it up higher because my 2600 keyboard was on top of an ARP Omni. Worked great.

Sadly...it might be a long time before anybody gets their hands on a new ARP 2600: especially if Korg is waiting for parts from Wuhan.
Old 5 days ago
  #616
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2ba View Post
I reckon you wont see any 2600's for remainder of 2020 because of pandemic -apart from the ones on a slow boat -2021 will be the minimum time they will start to manufacture and ship them again. Or may even be worse than 2021 ETA
Nope, you're wrong. I'll post photos as soon as mine arrives in the first week of April.
Old 5 days ago
  #617
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station2station View Post
what state are you in?
Total desperation.
Old 4 days ago
  #618
< please discussions about the ongoing pandemic here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/coro...ic-discussion/ we'll have to delete off topic posts. thanks! >
Old 4 days ago
  #619
Gear Nut
 
Station2station's Avatar
"Sweetwater.com is open and accepting online orders, but like most retailers, our shipping is slower than normal. For the safety of our warehouse team, we are running at reduced capacity, but we hope to be back to normal shipping by early April."

While the sales folks are working from home, it looks like they have a skeleton crew in the warehouse. When it comes to shipping product, I would think that the priority items would be the LARGER and MORE EXPENSIVE items.

At least it's not a total shutdown like we originally thought.

Anyway, there the latest from Sweetwater.
Old 4 days ago
  #620
Gear Nut
 
Station2station's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by genshi View Post
Nope, you're wrong. I'll post photos as soon as mine arrives in the first week of April.
That's what my retailer said too. LOL.

Unfortunate world situation.
Old 4 days ago
  #621
Here for the gear
 

Australian Shipments

I got a reply from Korg Australia today gave me some comfort.
Apparently Australia is to receive around 6 x 2600's per month (until the allocations are exhausted) and there has been only 1 shipment to date.
They advised my retailer will get it's allocation but due to the current chaos they can't advise when further shipments will arrive.
Old 3 days ago
  #622
Here for the gear
I was able to get an order in with Guitar Center the night of the 23rd. Looks like someone backed out of their order and I caught it just in time!
Old 3 days ago
  #623
OZV
Here for the gear
 

I know, I know...I just posted about my excitement to get the new ARP 2600 but truth be told I've been thinking long and hard about it. I'm still on the fence, but leaning heavily to the "No" side even though I'm in line to get one
......some day soon?

For me, it's mostly nostalgia dragging me down the rabbit hole. On that front, I would much rather have an orange face like I had 40+ years ago, not what they're offering now. I'd be using it 100% in my studio (where they belong) but $4,000.00 is a lot to pay for nostalgia.

The 2600 is without a doubt an amazing synth and we're all walking around with stiff nipples for the thing...but in reality it's usefulness is limited to a relatively tight genre. Using it live is difficult at best: I had to set up complex patches in-between sets and that meant that unless I had time to reset it between songs, I couldn't use it until the next set. It sat off to my left, so often it was relegated to bass lines: it's awesome for that, but what a waste. In the studio it's f**king amazing.

Another deciding factor is that I already have an Omega 8 with the full ARP filter pack. Do I really need the 2600? The logical answer is a resounding NO.

I sold my 2600 to a studio in England about 20 years ago and I've regretted it ever since: sold it because I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford to maintain it back then and it was working perfectly at the time.

Long story short...some lucky turdball might very well get my spot. Cross your fingers that I don't change my mind again boys and girls.
Old 3 days ago
  #624
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZV View Post
I would much rather have an orange face like I had 40+ years ago, not what they're offering now.
Same here! I MUCH prefer the orange to the grey, but that's just me. I just don't want to miss the opportunity to own a 2600 a this price if they don't decide to make anymore. I would definitely pay someone a pretty penny if they could make me a black/orange faceplate though!
Old 3 days ago
  #625
Here for the gear
 
everythingdavid's Avatar
 

GC keeps telling me Mine is scheduled for shipment in April but that there is no way to determine where I am on the list. It seems more folks are likely considering cancelling for multiple reasons. Does Anyone who ordered from GC actually know where in the list they sit and are you able to track any changes regarding that position? I’ve been told I’m guaranteed one from their original allocation from korg.

Hasta pasta

D

Last edited by everythingdavid; 3 days ago at 05:22 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 2 days ago
  #626
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIAX View Post
I was able to get an order in with Guitar Center the night of the 23rd. Looks like someone backed out of their order and I caught it just in time!

Hah, that was me! I had it preordered at both Sweetwater and GuitarCenter, just incase one fell through. I feel confident SW will fulfill my order, so canceled my GC one. (Plus, GC was telling me they expended it to ship later then the SW order) Glad you were able to grab it!
Old 2 days ago
  #627
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pustule View Post
Hah, that was me! I had it preordered at both Sweetwater and GuitarCenter, just incase one fell through. I feel confident SW will fulfill my order, so canceled my GC one. (Plus, GC was telling me they expended it to ship later then the SW order) Glad you were able to grab it!
That's awesome! Hopefully more people who originally placed two orders will back out of one so that more people will be able to take advantage of this opportunity! Thanks by the way!
Old 2 days ago
  #628
Here for the gear
 
everythingdavid's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingdavid View Post
GC keeps telling me Mine is scheduled for shipment in April but that there is no way to determine where I am on the list. It seems more folks are likely considering cancelling for multiple reasons. Does Anyone who ordered from GC actually know where in the list they sit and are you able to track any changes regarding that position? I’ve been told I’m guaranteed one from their original allocation from korg.

Hasta pasta

D
Ping?
Old 1 day ago
  #629
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingdavid View Post
Ping?
Pong!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump