The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread
Old 30th January 2020
  #31
Gear Nut
 

Sweetwater has confirmed my order and said I’m definitely in their first shipment, but unfortunately they haven’t told me where I am on the list. I literally ordered minutes after it went up on their website so if this doesn’t pan out I’m not sure how I’ll feel about Sweetwater going forward. We shall see.
Old 30th January 2020
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Matthew Murray's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenerateElite View Post
Any plan where you sit under a guitar amp is probably a bad one.
Not sure why you'd say this. There's no speaker usage going on. Hasn't been anything but an efficient use of space and easy reach knobs for the past five years, but you do you.
Old 30th January 2020
  #33
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
This is the keyboard stand/table thing I am talking about:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...yboard-trolley

It's a nice piece, I use one under the studio desk, the other flush against the wall.
nice stand - looks very sleek

yeah maybe the idea to incorporate the flightcase in the setup somehow is not too bad
Old 30th January 2020
  #34
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
Ok misunderstood what you meant.

No worries man. Interesting that G4M in the UK got a good percentage (almost 8%) of the available 400 worldwide... (btw. that figure was mentioned again on Sonicstate yesterday -- seems like a few of the people on that show were also not able to get one in time).

I was wondering if G4M had different allocation per country as they have warehouses in a few places (I have ordered from them in the past and the stuff has come from Sweden).
Old 30th January 2020
  #35
First to preorder at a major U.S. retailer. I called them two days before any official announcement and told them to put me on their list that didn't even exist yet. They were confused, and two evenings later at 9:00PM Pacific Time when Korg made their official announcement and the retailers turned on their pre-order systems, I pressed the button just in case...

The next morning I got a call from my guy and he said: "well, I see you have two pre-orders in, the one that's first on the list per your request a couple of days ago, and another one that puts you around 30th, should we cancel that one or do you want them both?"

Of course, I canceled the second one as I can barely afford the first one, but being that the ARP 2600 has been one of my dream synths for the longest time, and not being able to afford a $16,000 restored vintage one from ToneTweakers, I just couldn't pass up the chance to get a brand new reissue like this!

As for stands; since I have no room in my little crowded studio, the ARP 2600 is going in my living room. The Road Case will be the stand for the synth itself, and the keyboard will go on this one (On Stage KS7150 Table Top Keyboard Stand) that I've seen in a lot of the Korg videos for the ARP 2600...

Old 30th January 2020
  #36
Gear Head
 
ElectronicFur's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
No I called Korg UK and they confirmed g4m had 30 allocated.
I think that he is correct though and that it is the complete allocation for g4m worldwide. Because when I phoned up Korg UK, they told me that the allocation would be done by the Korg distributor for the country where the shop is headquartered.
Old 30th January 2020
  #37
Gear Nut
About table/stand... think I might just try with the case it comes in... seems like a nice height and also means I don't have to store that anywhere.
Old 30th January 2020
  #38
Here for the gear
 

Same MF boat as Wheezie... likely, potential owner
Old 31st January 2020
  #39
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesnob View Post
I'm also in Canada. Do we know for certain that the number we saw in the previous KARP 2600 thread was accurate? 20 allocated to Canada.
That's what I was told. Where is it that you ordered that got 8?
Old 31st January 2020
  #40
I pre-ordered mine just after 10pm mountain time the evening of Jan. 9th. The next morning, my Sweetwater guy called to let me know I was on the list to get one although he wouldn’t tell me where I am in the waiting list. I have emailed him a couple of times since then to verify everything is still good and he assures me I will indeed be getting one. It is supposed to ship sometime in March.
Old 31st January 2020
  #41
Gear Maniac
 

According to my retailer, Australia has been allocated 25 units and the distributor currently has ~60+ back-orders from retailers. Allocations among retailers to be determined in March.
Old 31st January 2020
  #42
Gear Nut
 

I was 4th on the Sweetwater waiting list and have now moved up to the main shipment. Rep says I’m definitely getting one but I won’t count those chickens till I get the ship notice.
Old 31st January 2020
  #43
Here for the gear
 
spiceyqueen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Same here. Still not entirely confident I got my order in in time, even though I did it basically the moment they had it listed.
I also preordered through zzounds nearly 3 weeks ago. They changed my order status to 'Backordered' the very next day. I emailed them asking about my spot on the order queue and they said that my order is currently backordered and they don't have an estimated delivery date from korg yet, but will let me know as soon as they receive shipment..

I'm p sure thats a generic email, but i'm also just rlly hopeful that i got one
Old 31st January 2020
  #44
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Same here. Still not entirely confident I got my order in in time, even though I did it basically the moment they had it listed.
You should be good. Because I talked to them the following day and they said that they still have 5 more to sell.
Old 31st January 2020
  #45
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumb bumb View Post
Replacing my cheapass Ikea 47" Linnmon table with a cheapass Ikea 78" Linnmon table.

Maybe. I should probably weigh everything first, considering the 110lb weight limit...
I realized last night that I have room for an additional Linnmon 39" table, which is perfect for the 2600 + keyboard. PLUS, I get to feed my apparent addiction for trash furniture!
Old 31st January 2020
  #46
Here for the gear
 

So I placed an order with both Sweetwater & Guitar Center for this. Sweetwater put me on a "waiting list" but said i'm just a few cancelations away from being bumped up to being confirmed getting one. Guitar center claims I am confirmed getting one, and gave me 15% off my order when I placed it, which was a nice surprise.

I did an online chat with Guitar Center to try and get some more info.... I'm skeptical of GC, and I don't feel super confident that a unit is really reserved for me (even though they've assured me i'm good).

I'll attach a screen chat of some of my chat with GC....
Attached Thumbnails
The Korg Arp 2600 FS *Actual Future Owners* Thread-arp2600-order-chat.jpg  
Old 31st January 2020
  #47
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genshi View Post
First to preorder at a major U.S. retailer. I called them two days before any official announcement and told them to put me on their list that didn't even exist yet. They were confused, and two evenings later at 9:00PM Pacific Time when Korg made their official announcement and the retailers turned on their pre-order systems, I pressed the button just in case...

The next morning I got a call from my guy and he said: "well, I see you have two pre-orders in, the one that's first on the list per your request a couple of days ago, and another one that puts you around 30th, should we cancel that one or do you want them both?"

Of course, I canceled the second one as I can barely afford the first one, but being that the ARP 2600 has been one of my dream synths for the longest time, and not being able to afford a $16,000 restored vintage one from ToneTweakers, I just couldn't pass up the chance to get a brand new reissue like this!

As for stands; since I have no room in my little crowded studio, the ARP 2600 is going in my living room. The Road Case will be the stand for the synth itself, and the keyboard will go on this one (On Stage KS7150 Table Top Keyboard Stand) that I've seen in a lot of the Korg videos for the ARP 2600...

Jan 9th 2020 a day before the official announcement Ty on Sonic TALK603 kindly tipped punters off about the ARP2600FS and price he had already preordered for GDP3200 (Speculating that may have been with Andertons UK as GBP3200 was original listed price when they went live with Preorders in first few hours) Any sharp punter would have preordered before list came official after seeing Sonic Talk 603.
link here
https://youtu.be/pQSmJ1JeDm0?t=1341

Last edited by d2ba; 31st January 2020 at 09:10 PM..
Old 31st January 2020
  #48
Lives for gear
 

One here up for auction --they have arrived in Japan
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=j621034456
Old 31st January 2020
  #49
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighzi88 View Post
According to my retailer, Australia has been allocated 25 units and the distributor currently has ~60+ back-orders from retailers. Allocations among retailers to be determined in March.
In NZ we got only 6 units --3 arriving mid Feb(Shipped left Japan) and other 3 arriving March. That said I believe other much larger distributers will be putting pressure on Korg not to ship any units that have not left Japan to AU/NZ and try to snag them themselves!!.
Old 31st January 2020
  #50
Here for the gear
 
spiceyqueen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by piazzolla View Post
You should be good. Because I talked to them the following day and they said that they still have 5 more to sell.
May I ask which day of the week this was when you asked?
Old 31st January 2020
  #51
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceyqueen View Post
May I ask which day of the week this was when you asked?
It was the 10th. Towards the end of the day.
Old 31st January 2020
  #52
Deleted baa19f3
Guest
I'm not a future owner but I peeked through the thread.
Congratulations to anyone who ordered one and for those who are on a list, I hope you also get one.

You all are very fortunate to be a future owner, and I hope it gives you years of musical enjoyment.
Old 31st January 2020
  #53
Here for the gear
 

I’m also a member of the future owners club..( hopefully)
My order is with Guitar Center ( although I was denied any discount price) and verified via email, telephone, and their online chat...I’m nonetheless, still only partially assured I’ll actually get one...
I guess I’ll know come March...the supposed shipping date.
Fingers crossed...
...any other guitar center customers?
Old 31st January 2020
  #54
Deleted 3d8e4b3
Guest
All the best for this thread and future owners. It's a new dawn, a new day, a new year & a new decade.

I look forward to seeing pix of the happy new owners and hearing any sound demo's you may bless us with
Old 31st January 2020
  #55
Gear Maniac
 
orangecaruption's Avatar
 

Looks like there's one for sale in U.S on seattle craigslist

"Korg Arp 2600 Reissue synthesizer"
Old 31st January 2020
  #56
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2ba View Post
Jan 9th 2020 a day before the official announcement Ty on Sonic TALK603 kindly tipped punters off about the ARP2600FS and price he had already preordered for GDP3200 (Speculating that may have been with Andertons UK as GBP3200 was original listed price when they went live with preorders in first few hours) Any sharp punter would have preordered before list came official after seeing Sonic Talk 603.
link here
https://youtu.be/pQSmJ1JeDm0?t=1341
The leak may have been root cause of sellout before NAMM (with the knowledge some the units had already been allocated to industry insiders, created a buyers frenzy)
Old 31st January 2020
  #57
Deleted 3d8e4b3
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2ba View Post
The leak may have been root cause of sellout before NAMM (with the knowledge some the units had already been allocated to industry insiders, created a buyers frenzy)
Wait and see how the year pans out. Sit back and enjoy the show.

All i'm gonna say at this point is 'they are not all sold out'. Don't take that as 'Shop around Bro, you can still buy it from some sellers etc'. That's not what i'm saying. And i'm not talking re-sellers.

Just give it time. It's all good
Old 31st January 2020
  #58
Gear Head
 

I just spoke with my American Musical Supply Rep. He stated if my order status is still “backordered” that I will receive my unit. When? He does not know. He confirmed with his manager before guaranteeing I was in line to get one.

One batch apparently has made it in and shipped. Another 2 shipments are scheduled to arrive this month.
Old 31st January 2020
  #59
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyou777 View Post
Wait and see how the year pans out. Sit back and enjoy the show.

All i'm gonna say at this point is 'they are not all sold out'. Don't take that as 'Shop around Bro, you can still buy it from some sellers etc'. That's not what i'm saying. And i'm not talking re-sellers.

Just give it time. It's all good
Thank you for the spark of hope!

I would kill for a black/orange reissue
Old 31st January 2020
  #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2ba View Post
Jan 9th 2020 a day before the official announcement Ty on Sonic TALK603 kindly tipped punters off about the ARP2600FS and price he had already preordered for GDP3200 (Speculating that may have been with Andertons UK as GBP3200 was original listed price when they went live with Preorders in first few hours) Any sharp punter would have preordered before list came official after seeing Sonic Talk 603.
link here
https://youtu.be/pQSmJ1JeDm0?t=1341
Yes, I know, I saw that, but I called in a day before that based on their [Korg] Instagram teaser a week before... I just knew it was an ARP 2600, and it had to be full-sized if it was being wheeled out in a road case. I didn't care what the price was, just knew I had to have it. The next day when Ty basically confirmed on that Sonictalk episode, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I should be first on the order list and that I'll actually be able to afford it.
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear