The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Subsequent 37 effects pedal
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djangi View Post
I just watched a few videos on the Rose, it sound really warm.
It's not stereo right?
It is VERY warm. And yes unfortunately is is mono only so as was mentioned you would need two. I have used an H9 in the past to make it stereo but no ping pong or other cool effects unless you can get creative with a digital delay and MIDI time sync, which I am still unclear on for the rose (how the hardware works).

Last edited by ima_jrk; 1 week ago at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Mobile typing
Old 1 week ago
I know this contradicts the "must have front-end controls" requirement but the Zoia seems really interesting. It requires a bit more patience and experimentation but it seems to be very versatile.

I'm also checking out dedicated reverb pedals. You can find a second-hand Big Sky for about €300 which. I also like the Eventide Space but they seem to have a more stable second-hand price.

I'm experimenting with the DIG and El Capistan in the meantime, starting to like the El Capistan more. Still hate the controls though.
I also haven't tried them in tandem yet since the El Capistan came with an American psu, haven't ordered a EU replacement yet.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
Aye, mono on, mono out. You need two of them for stereo.
My apologies if I missed something in this thread but the Sub37 is also mono so wouldn't it be a good match?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orville71 View Post
My apologies if I missed something in this thread but the Sub37 is also mono so wouldn't it be a good match?
I have a few other devices(Digital Piano, Digitakt, Digitone, Beatsqueezer) with stereo output. I prefer to have some versatility so stereo is preferred.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
I have a few other devices(Digital Piano, Digitakt, Digitone, Beatsqueezer) with stereo output. I prefer to have some versatility so stereo is preferred.
Ahh, this is why I also use an H9 with synths and drum machines so I totally understand. Good luck and let GS know how you decide to improve your impressive rig!
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orville71 View Post
Ahh, this is why I also use an H9 with synths and drum machines so I totally understand. Good luck and let GS know how you decide to improve your impressive rig!
I received a second strymon psu today so I'm able to chain the DIG and the El Capistan. I'm wondering what the best order is, DIG first, El Cap second or the other way around. I have to set the jumper to stereo on the second paddle which makes it s bit tedious to test. If anyone has any advice, thanks in advance.

One other note, I wasn't really looking for another delay pedal but I stumbled upon a TimeFactor pedal for a very reasonable price. So I have another delay pedal coming in. I'm wondering how they all compare.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

No love for the Doctor A?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQl3utQXWI
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I received a second strymon psu today so I'm able to chain the DIG and the El Capistan. I'm wondering what the best order is, DIG first, El Cap second or the other way around. I have to set the jumper to stereo on the second paddle which makes it s bit tedious to test. If anyone has any advice, thanks in advance.

One other note, I wasn't really looking for another delay pedal but I stumbled upon a TimeFactor pedal for a very reasonable price. So I have another delay pedal coming in. I'm wondering how they all compare.
The El Capistan doesn't have true stereo out so I'd put that first. I expect even if you set the input to stereo it'll sum to mono (you'd have to check that one though). The DIG has true stereo out so you'd probably want that at the end of the chain. I've only ever used it on monos, so I don't know if the input jumper sets it to true stereo. Please post if you find out.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricera View Post
The El Capistan doesn't have true stereo out so I'd put that first. I expect even if you set the input to stereo it'll sum to mono (you'd have to check that one though). The DIG has true stereo out so you'd probably want that at the end of the chain. I've only ever used it on monos, so I don't know if the input jumper sets it to true stereo. Please post if you find out.
Thanks, I just looked it up.
According to to the Strymon documentation the El Capistan(the newer model with jumper) only passes the dry signal in stereo, its combines left and right and precesses the effects in mono.

The DIG is labeled as true stereo so that should answer that.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, I just looked it up.
According to to the Strymon documentation the El Capistan(the newer model with jumper) only passes the dry signal in stereo, its combines left and right and precesses the effects in mono.

The DIG is labeled as true stereo so that should answer that.
I looked out the mails I got from Strymon about the ElCapistan output. I contacted them a while back. The L/R volume difference in stereo was bothering me ....

-------------------------------------------------------------
On the El Capistan, there is a psycho acoustic process we applied to the effect output to simulate a stereo field when using stereo output that can be heard best when turning up the wow & flutter. Part of this process involved different output levels between the 2 outputs. So what you are experiencing with the El Capistan is normal when used with stereo output.
A real tape delay machine does not have stereo connections so this psycho acoustic process was applied to provide you with stereo capabilities for a mono device. The STEREO OUTPUT connection enables this psycho acoustic process to provide a sense of depth and movement that is more noticeable when using the WOW & FLUTTER on the tape delays. This process is only applied to the delay repeats as your dry signal remains untouched. When used in stereo, the RIGHT OUTPUT signal is heard slightly before the LEFT OUTPUT which the human ear perceives as the RIGHT OUTPUT being louder since it is heard first. We compensate this by raising the output level of the LEFT OUTPUT, so it is actually the LEFT OUTPUT that is louder to balance out this perceived audio, but the RIGHT OUTPUT is heard first.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricera View Post
I looked out the mails I got from Strymon about the ElCapistan output. I contacted them a while back. The L/R volume difference in stereo was bothering me ....

On the El Capistan, there is a psycho acoustic process we applied to the effect output to simulate a stereo field when using stereo output that can be heard best when turning up the wow & flutter. Part of this process involved different output levels between the 2 outputs. So what you are experiencing with the El Capistan is normal when used with stereo output.
A real tape delay machine does not have stereo connections so this psycho acoustic process was applied to provide you with stereo capabilities for a mono device. The STEREO OUTPUT connection enables this psycho acoustic process to provide a sense of depth and movement that is more noticeable when using the WOW & FLUTTER on the tape delays. This process is only applied to the delay repeats as your dry signal remains untouched. When used in stereo, the RIGHT OUTPUT signal is heard slightly before the LEFT OUTPUT which the human ear perceives as the RIGHT OUTPUT being louder since it is heard first. We compensate this by raising the output level of the LEFT OUTPUT, so it is actually the LEFT OUTPUT that is louder to balance out this perceived audio, but the RIGHT OUTPUT is heard first.
Thanks!
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratguy1784 View Post
It’s the first time I’m hearing about it. I really dig the idea of a compact effects units without the stompbox interface. I do wonder how this holds up against other effects since I can’t find any coverage or reviews.
I might be wrong but it seems that there is only one reverb and one delay algorithm.
And midi in but no out is disappointing.
It does have patch storage.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If you use the headphone jack, you can output in stereo.

the sssnake YPP2030
Cordial CFY 3 VPP
https://www.thomann.de/gb/y_adapter_cables.html
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

You can also make your own cable that splits from monaural to two monaural.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

the sssnake 1850 Y-Adapter
https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_sssnake_1850_yadapter.htm

This part is easier and quite useful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search