The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tascam Model 12
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hey Tascam, how about a Model 8 with an ADAT output? That would be some serious fun.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I'm in the market for a new audio interface and this is striking me as the way to go. I'm really impressed by all the features. I used to have a MOTU Ultralite, which was amazing for how many ins and outs it packed into such a small footprint. I think the Model 12 looks amazing for the studio, could look at a little portable 2 channel thing down the line if need be.

But just looking between say, a UAD Arrow, the Model 12 really isn't that much more pricey and you get so much more features (sans plugins I guess).

Looking forward to browse that manual whenever it drops...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

manual is going to be same as the Model 16 and 24 except for the midi.

Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Anyone tested soundcard latency for this Tascam 12? Any issues?

Tascam 12 looks terrific, but wondering about moving away from my rock solid presonus quantum/thunderbolt interface.
Old 2 weeks ago
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

The manual is available on the Tascam site: https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/current/Model%2B12

Am I correct in understanding that the stereo inputs 7/8 and 9/10 will not be able to accept a stereo signal via a single TRS connector?

Would the only way to input a stereo signal be to split the signal and plug two connectors into input 7 and 8 or 9 and 10?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

So do faders, transport, buttons send MIDI for DAW control but not pots? That would be so close and kind of annoying. I'm looking for a traditional style mixer (separate channel pots) which can also be used as a DAW controller, and ideally with 8+ channel USB audio out. So far there's just this, Korg Zero, A+H Xone4d.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Similar user View Post
The manual is available on the Tascam site: https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/current/Model%2B12

Am I correct in understanding that the stereo inputs 7/8 and 9/10 will not be able to accept a stereo signal via a single TRS connector?

Would the only way to input a stereo signal be to split the signal and plug two connectors into input 7 and 8 or 9 and 10?
Yes, but this is a plus 'cause all the inputs are symmetric. So you need "stereo" TRS plugs for every mono channel if you want a symmetric connection. But you can use non-symmetric plugs, too, esp. if the gear you connect doesn't have symmetric outputs.
Is this the case use this:

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 3eb1160 View Post
Yeah but the smaller size appeals me.
And how much time is 2gb for 8 channels in in 48k 24bit?
2 000 000 000 bytes / 8 channels * 48000 samples:sec * 4 bytes:sample ~= 1302 sec = 21 min
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
The DAW control manual is up now, too: https://www.tascam.eu/en/docs/Model12_Manual.pdf
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I‘m really curious about the audio quality. I‘d be willing to pay more if it would be on par with rme or motu. I wouldn‘t buy the L8 livetrak because of the weak mic preamps (different from the Livetrak16).
Any users here who have experience with the model 16 or 24 and are used to higher quality gear?
I love the concept and the additional midi and daw control functions.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
I haven’t used anything by either of those companies for years, but the studio I work at runs Millennia pres. Does the Model 16 sound like that? No. To my ears it has its own sound; the pres are good sounding and can be kind of punchy. I like the EQ, too, but I may be biased as I used a lot of Tascam gear back in the ‘80’s and I may be hearing what I want to hear. I think you’ll have to hear for yourself. If you can’t check one out in person first, buy from a reputable company that will allow for a return if it’s not for you. The price of shipping it back would be worth it to check it out in your own space (if it’s not for you).
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

I'm based in the UK and ordered a Tascam Model 12 from one of our online music stores back in early February.

I've received regular updates about delay of delivery times but the latest one today says the units will not be delivered until mid June at the earliest even though initially had said mid March.

I'm assuming these units are made in China and that production had been halted due to Covid-19 viral outbreak. I was really looking forward to creating with the Model 12 during 'medical martia law'!

Anyone else have any news on what's happening? As it does look like a terrific little unit and just what was in the market for. I don't fancy any of the comparable units from rival manufacturers.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
I'm based in the UK and ordered a Tascam Model 12 from one of our online music stores back in early February.

I've received regular updates about delay of delivery times but the latest one today says the units will not be delivered until mid June at the earliest even though initially had said mid March.

I'm assuming these units are made in China and that production had been halted due to Covid-19 viral outbreak. I was really looking forward to creating with the Model 12 during 'medical martia law'!

Anyone else have any news on what's happening? As it does look like a terrific little unit and just what was in the market for. I don't fancy any of the comparable units from rival manufacturers.
Thomann says 3-4 weeks. A few days ago it was 4-5 weeks...
Isn't China back to normal life?
Other people would beg to have the kind of problems we have....
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head
Videos from Tascam showing DAW integration are up:

Logic:

ProTools:

Ableton:

Cubase:
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Can I stream audio from the computer to individual channel strips ? E.g. an Ableton project where one track goes to ch.1 of the mixer, another to ch.2 etc. I see the audio interface has 10 outputs, but the manual is not clear regarding the use of these
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiole View Post
Can I stream audio from the computer to individual channel strips ? E.g. an Ableton project where one track goes to ch.1 of the mixer, another to ch.2 etc. I see the audio interface has 10 outputs, but the manual is not clear regarding the use of these
sure set the mode switch of the individual tracks to computer.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Ditto.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Everything is still delayed. Just sit tight if you can. China is not back to normal and even if they are relatively soon, the rest of the world is not.

Logistics are backed up, retailers are closed, employees are furloughed and shops are on lock down everywhere until end of April. That could be extended through May.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han View Post
... That could be extended through May.
Quite possibly ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search