The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland RD 88 Stage Piano
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

The worrisome thing is that the tone is changed by clicking the button, so I am very worried about the deterioration of that button.
Watch the video to see how the demonstrator works.

It would be a little easier if the upper layer for each instrument type could be selected with a large button.It seems that there is no rotation knob like other RD series. It's like having a PC.

Because it is a product that develops by separating the best part of PC as a function,
I think you have the capacity to accept some changes.
I think it is a product that considers cost reduction and expandability.

The fact that the cost of a PC exists separately lies somewhere.

If the RD is equipped with a subwoofer speaker and the vibration of the sound is transmitted to the fingers, I think that my enjoyment of playing may be doubled.
Is the speaker setting changed depending on the tone?

Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
I’ll definitely be testing it out at my local music store. I want to hear in person how good the internal speakers sound. It would be great to have a stage piano like this in the living room where I can quickly turn it on and practice without the time-consuming boot up in my studio. Quickly packing up this lightweight keyboard for gigs is a plus too. My MOXF8 always felt heavier than the listed weight.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

If you can combine external speakers with built-in speakers, it could be a pretty good environment. Do you know if they can be used together?

I think it's wonderful because the sound field expands.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
If you can combine external speakers with built-in speakers, it could be a pretty good environment. Do you know if they can be used together?

I think it's wonderful because the sound field expands.
That's a good question. The Sweetwater demo only points out that the speakers can be turned off so that connection can be made to an audio interface/external monitors but I didn't really pay attention to that part. I should watch the video again.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search