The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer System 100 Modular Synthesizer
Old 25th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
no idea what should be funny about it .. the price ? ok the price is funny / hilarious

here you can let off steam with other fellow sufferers .. have fun

NEW! Roland System-500 Eurorack analog modular.
I was laughing at you buddy
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

pls.. stop your OT.. thx..

@ the_soulcatcher

121 DUAL VCF Current draw 40 mA (+12 V), 40 mA (-12 V)
how do I understand that .. is the consumption 40 or 80 mA .. i have no idea about eurometh .. was too destructive for me so far
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
neither - can't make myself more understandable than I've posted above.
Actually I was jus giving my 5 cents to the topic
Ah. Cool
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
pls.. stop your OT.. thx..

@ the_soulcatcher

121 DUAL VCF Current draw 40 mA (+12 V), 40 mA (-12 V)
how do I understand that .. is the consumption 40 or 80 mA .. i have no idea about eurometh .. was too destructive for me so far
good question:

it means it will take 40 from pos and at worst case scenario it will also take 40 from negative side too but the PSU will supply both sides anyway so you count it as 40 - this i read on doepfer some time ago

that is my rudimentary understanding and so i wait to be shot down by someone who knows more, happy to learn
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
how do I understand that .. is the consumption 40 or 80 mA .. i have no idea about eurometh
It wants 40mA from the +12v rail and 40mA from the -12v rail (and none from the +5v rail, which some power supplies don't provide anyway and some setups don't need at all.).

Thankfully, MG usually has the power needs listed and it calculates them for you.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
It wants 40mA from the +12v rail and 40mA from the -12v rail (and none from the +5v rail, which some power supplies don't provide anyway and some setups don't need at all.)
ok, let's take 80mA for all modules, six pieces that makes 480 mA. Even with the 60% load rule, this fits quite well with a 1000 mA power supply
by the way, a reasonable setup. 2 vco 2 vca 2 vcf.. would only swap the multiple with the phaser module. there is still room for a narrow multiple

Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
ok, let's take 80mA for all modules, six pieces that makes 480 mA. Even with the 60% load rule, this fits quite well with a 1000 mA power supply

If you make up a rack of them on Modular Grid it will calculate the power needs for all three rails, separately, for you (in almost all cases, sometimes the consumption isn't listed but it's usually there).
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you make up a rack of them on Modular Grid it will calculate the power needs for all three rails, separately, for you (in almost all cases, sometimes the consumption isn't listed but it's usually there).
thanks for the info, did not know .. has never been on the enterprice ( place to be for eurocrack addicts )
by the way, the power supply can be seen on the far left.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

The system 100 modules are incomplete, but the 55 series modules have the power needs (except for the two VCOs). Here's an example:

And the needs for everything except the three VCOs on the Left is:

Quote:
Power Consumption: 225 mA +12V | 195 mA -12V | 0 mA 5V
Even if the three VCOs needed 100mA each from both 12v rails, it would only be:

525 mA +12V | 495 mA -12V | 0 mA 5V

Etc.

So just one Amp seems plenty.

My big cranial saw dual osc only needs 28mA per 12v rail, for example. And a DPO complex osc only needs about 70mA, and an entire DFAM wants a weird 200ish on the +12v and some weird number like 32mA on -12v.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

modular grid says about the new cp1a power supply:

1,000 mA +12v
1,000 mA -12v
500 mA +5v

if I look at the input 13v 3000 mA it could fit

Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

The brick itself has all the power anyway.

When I bought my uZeus, I bought just the rackable part with no power supply at first ($80), because the stock uZeus one is a bit anemic, so I bought a more high capacity one @ Derp suggested from Amazon ($25), and MDLR modular bus boards w 20 headers each ($35) and like magic - no "flying bus board".

The Behringer is the same basic idea. It surely uses a generic-ish brick for the power itself.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

bring this to me

i am ready

the coin is sat here and slowly it is being spent

bring it to me
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer System 100 Modular Synthesizer-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

maybe my basic setup .. not too many modulators ..ok it has this forced LFO ... I see this as an SH synth with a bit of effects

Old 29th February 2020
DGL
Lives for gear
Oh and something that came up as a reply to a comment on facebook was that when the modules/synths get announced on facebook (the generic style announcements, not the special ones) that is when they are ready to ship from their warehouse, so Thomann should have stock of the announced modules soon!
Old 29th February 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Am I confused here?? Where is the power module?

Last edited by NY___; 29th February 2020 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Hey Bignatius - not directed at you - was trying to get the photo from earlier in the thread. & s added for for fun.
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY___ View Post
Am I confused here?? Where is the power module?
to your general confusion in the 1 row case on the far left in the picture, in the 2 row case behind the modules ..
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

since their 101 clone was the least convincing one to my ears I'm looking fwd to some sound expamples and A/B testings of these modules.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
since their 101 clone was the least convincing one to my ears I'm looking fwd to some sound expamples and A/B testings of these modules.
Since the 101 Rob Keeble has been brought on board so there are reasons to be optimistic about the 100M.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
Since the 101 Rob Keeble has been brought on board so there are reasons to be optimistic about the 100M.
This and the new V662 chip clone Coolaudio has pulled off.
Old 4th March 2020
DGL
Lives for gear
And it's supposedly primarily the filter that is supposed to be off on the MS-1/101, yes there is the portamento but that is not directly applicable to the modules. So having a clone of the chip that is used in the filter rather than using a circuit to emulate it must help quite a lot vis-à-vis accuracy.
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
to your general confusion in the 1 row case on the far left in the picture, in the 2 row case behind the modules ..
thanks.
Old 5th March 2020
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Question guys, Behringer claims these are circuit accurate to the original system 100M, but they haven't been honest about that on their other synths. The Pro-1 for example, uses some soft of CPU driven envelope instead of a clone of the CEM3310. Are the envelopes, LFOs, ring mods, etc on these modules going to be the real mccoy or as close to as we can get in a world of SMD? I really like the idea of these modules so I want to believe.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashsnazzy View Post
Question guys, Behringer claims these are circuit accurate to the original system 100M, but they haven't been honest about that on their other synths. The Pro-1 for example, uses some soft of CPU driven envelope instead of a clone of the CEM3310. Are the envelopes, LFOs, ring mods, etc on these modules going to be the real mccoy or as close to as we can get in a world of SMD? I really like the idea of these modules so I want to believe.
Who knows. The Pro-1 envelopes are just fine in my opinion though. But I agree that they shouldn't take this approach with the System 100 modules.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search