The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai MPC one
Old 15th January 2020
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Doesn’t look any smaller than the Live. Just a different shape ??
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnny View Post
Doesn’t look any smaller than the Live. Just a different shape ??
Guess the pads are smaller, so must be.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
Nice price < 800€

2GB RAM for samples instead of one.

But they dropped the AUX outputs in favor of CV

Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

4 Pair Cv/Gate,
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

mpc live is dead?
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Unless they upped the CPU power looks like just a sideways move for those already invested in the MPC Live IMO.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
mpc live is dead?
Unless someone reported incorrectly on another forum, this doesn't have a rechargeable battery. Not sure what the point of the smaller size if that's the case. Seems more like a Touch upgrade and Digitakt alternative.

Great news for Live owners IMO. Development will continue.

But I can see a future Live replacement, or something between the Live & X. They haven't changed direction.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

with the price point it seems more like a play for potential maschine users
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

I’m noticing 2 big things absent- no battery like the Live and...

No Hype Synth like the Force. The 4 pair CV would be tempting if I didn’t already own a Live and a modular Midi -> CV solution but I do. For someone just getting into MPC this looks like a good solution however. The slimmer format will help some people integrate it easier into their desktop format.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolafish View Post
with the price point it seems more like a play for potential maschine users
And Digitakt.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
Its ergonomics look more correct to me than the MPC Live, so maybe this is going to be the Digitakt and MC 707 competitor....
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
i only want sequencer capabilites from a box like this, really, and the live was both overkill for me in terms of features, very expensive (but worth it to someone who wanted all the audio / synth / sampler stuff ) and yet I felt like it wasnt an amazing sequencer.

maybe this might change my mind if the timing is tight.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Since it’s confirmed it is the same CPU as older gen MPC I’m not interested. But it is an interesting move by Akai to address the sudden hardware sampler market interest.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

I want song mode for my 1500 akai force
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid View Post
Since it’s confirmed it is the same CPU as older gen MPC I’m not interested. But it is an interesting move by Akai to address the sudden hardware sampler market interest.
the previous CPU was I think fully capable for what I wanted, there was just some IO issue that made me have measurably not as good MIDI sync as other devices, and the overall capability as a MIDI sequencer was just not there, despite the awesome screen and piano roll.

my PC ended up being once more a better option, all in all.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

No internal battery is a mistake.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Nut

I would assume this works with MPC software as well, but there is nothing noting this on the product page as the Live and X have.

EDIT: Actually this makes sense, at $300 less than the live you cant have anything. but for standalone, I would prefer more midi outs and the screen to tilt. If it had those 2 additions I would be very interested.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

This & the new Keystep Pro would be crazy for the DAWless crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
I'm starting to think they intentionally didn't step on the Live, giving and taking JUST enough.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
are pads smaller or same size of live?
Old 15th January 2020
I just bought my Live finally last month so Im thinking about taking it back if this is out soon enough. Still on the fence though, I like that its sized more like a real MPC and has a lot of the extra buttons my MPC Studio did, but I like the portability factor. And I already think 6 outputs wasn't enough, the CV/Gates would mean I could integrate my modular without my Mac, but I dont know if I could do with just a stereo out.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hydro View Post
I would assume this works with MPC software as well, but there is nothing noting this on the product page as the Live and X have.

No, it supports MPC software integration, and with the purchase you get and the software...

From Akai:

Mac & PC Controller for MPC Software (included)
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
at that price, how? MPC live is the only box with that luxury unless you count the OP-1
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolafish View Post
at that price, how? MPC live is the only box with that luxury unless you count the OP-1
Yeah, this was a great move. Just enough to be an alternative, not enough to be a replacement. And a direct competitor of a few other boxes on the market.

And again, I'm happy to see them moving in the same direction. Worse case, development continues for the Live for quite some time. Best case, something between the Live & X coming soon, with just enough to be an alternative, not enough to be a replacement.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
No, it supports MPC software integration, and with the purchase you get and the software...

From Akai:

Mac & PC Controller for MPC Software (included)
In that case its a better laid out MPC Live for $300 less. If you don't need the battery its a much better option.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Color me interested.

Need to know more tho.

Price point is pretty good imo, and I probably need a sampler more than anything else, and was considering the 1010 Blackbox.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

WTF does “One” mean in this context? Seems like they inverted the commonly understood marketing assignment of the “One” designation.

Nice that there are options; I don’t understand the mix of options. Still haven’t hit my personal ideal Goldilocks model: MPC Goldilocks
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
Probably because of "one" stereo output.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 View Post

2GB RAM for samples instead of one.
It appears to have the same 2GB of RAM (and ultimately the same board) as the Live/X/Force. 2GB will have to hold the OS/Firmware as well, so really just around 1GB of useable RAM. Hopefully disk streaming comes in future MPC firmware updates, although the MPC One doesn't appear to support internal SATA drives, and uses USB 2.0, not 3.0, so doesn't seem geared up for disk streaming duties.

some differences to the Live:

2 audio outs, not 6
1 midi in/out, not 2.
CV/gate outs
no battery
no turntable inputs
Ethernet port
1 usb port
no internal SATA option (I assume, as it's not mentioned)

But a good move from Akai IMO, good competition for Digikat, Maschine 3 etc. Should sell a lot of these, Touch/Studio owners will probably also be interested, but MPC Live owners will mostly see it as a downgrade.

I write an article about the MPC One here:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/akai-mpc-o...tandalone-mpc/
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

Wonder if us live owners will get the new instruments and packs?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search