The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai MPC one
Old 4 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerteijn View Post
The track mutes are for all midi tracks (so also for the drum / keygroup / clip / plugin programs). There are indeed no track mutes for the 8 audio tracks.
Is it possible to automate the volume on audio tracks?
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
This time it all comes back to the person doing the review. Ive dealt with her both at MW as well as in several FB modular groups. She needs to stick to making random generative crap with her "dawless" setup she seems so proud of bragging about.

Because nobody was "dawless" ever before. We didn't record on tape machines and use consoles without screens before the dawn of Pro Tools (and Vision, and Cubase, and Notator, etc), we never actually had to sit and write the music with our instruments we played beforehand, EVER.

Pretty much right on with everything @ Bignatius just said.
Folks are proud to be DAWless. We see it here all the time, folks bragging that they never touched the software. I don't see how her not being the 1st has much to do with anything.

The most popular musicians are often the least skilled. "Pop" music dwarfs jazz & classical in popularity, for example. I think her following is in line with that; folks enjoy learning from others not so far removed. And, there aren't many skilled, experienced musicians featuring the MPCs on YT. There are 2.5 of them I check for. The rest I've come across are no different than her.

And she simply expressed an opinion, an honest and useful one for some. She sounds no different than every other user of one of the "rival" boxes. I find many of the responses less productive. I see little to know corrections of her claims. I see a lot of worthless dismissals.
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Am I the only one who thinks the Youtuber in question is neither worth positive or negative attention? It is just a random person, like the rest of us, that means “no one” unless you make her someone. Let’s move on.

I can hardly wait for the One now, ofc. Thomann says 26th of Marts. That is 7 days after my birthday. Wish it could make it to the 19th, so I could have myself a great birthday party. Sigh. Give me some reviews meanwhile, even lame ones will do
Old 55 minutes ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
And, there aren't many skilled, experienced musicians featuring the MPCs on YT. There are 2.5 of them I check for.
Curious about who those folks you mention are?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search