It was limited I missed it I'm good
13 Votes - 7.22%
No big deal wasn't really that interested
34 Votes - 18.89%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Poll: Tell Korg Arp 2600 FS for everybody

Let me remind everyone interested in the Arp 2600 FS reissue of the Yamaha Montage community . The Yamaha Montage was seen as a replacement for the Motif even tho it wasn't marketed as that never the less it was . The Yamaha Montage was released with out a sequencer which made end users very upset .
Yamaha thought other wise until the Yamaha Montage community relentlessly voice there option on the need for a sequencer and Yamaha heard there voices and delivered the unthinkable a full sequencer for the Montage in an update , way to go Yamaha .

in other words : Your voice matters (pun intended )

Let Korg Know before Namm and the spin . We are the artist and we're constantly subjected to and victims of Limited Releases , beta testers , anniversary editions , XL editions , new colors , ebay resellers at twice the price , MK ll's released 30 days after our purchase , use market depreciation , fake leeks , OS updates not compatible yet if ever , defects , customer service issues , etc.... by the whole music gear industry .
And we are tired of it . We understand that companies are hear to make a profit but we are hear to make art , music . This is not a rant about price but how we treat each other as a whole . You use our you tube videos for free advertisement , we watch your You tube videos and we comment like and subscribe with an overwhelming amount of mostly positive support . This not just about Korg but the music gear industry as a whole but in this case we're hear for the Arp 2600 FS , we know that many of them will just end up on ebay with a jacked up price ,
we have spoken and we want it .

Last edited by roc; 23rd January 2020 at 12:19 AM..
Old 13th January 2020
A good idea. I don't see the poll though
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
A good idea. I don't see the poll though
Thanks it's up now
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear
Brilliant idea hopefully this sways Korg. Would love to get an arp
Old 13th January 2020
I think it is likely that they will make another run of these, but I may be interested in a mini version. I really just don't have space for the 2600, probably not even a mini. If the FS was more like $3000, I would have been more considering. Korg certainly overprices their "limited editions". I got one of the limited MS-20 kits and it was certainly not worth the $700, $800 or whatever they charged more than the mini.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

1) If you really want a full-size, you could always wait for the looky-loos to get theirs, noodle on it, and then sell it six months later for the next sunny toy. They won't be all over eBay, but I'm sure they will be there if you look.

2) You know they are almost certainly going to do a mini, right? Based on the GC leaks, I'd speculate we'll hear something soon. The full size was just a quick cash infusion and something to get the rabble spun up to buy the mini.

3) Clones exist. Buy one of those.

4) Your list of demands gets really incoherent really quickly. Maybe try again after the coffee kicks in or the hangover wears off.

5) Breaking news! Person on the internet complains about something. Multinational corporation pivots business strategy. Film at 11.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

"No Fare!!"

hilarious...

I'd like to get on the bus, but I need about a year to save up some $. So I vote they wait a year
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Since there are obviously people willing to pay $4k (and beyond) for a 2600, who am I to deny Korg’s (probably relatively short lived once the Behringer and presumed Korg mini come out) opportunity to cash in on that?

It’s wild that they did it at all, but I’ll have to pass on this one.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

I wouldn't want a mini version if it has shorter sliders. I know from vintage synths especially ARP's, that small slider movements, or even sometimes just touching a slider can deliver a very different sound.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Victims? Overwhelming support on videos?

Sorry but this is pure moan zone lol
Old 13th January 2020
Deleted daea282
i wonder why they would not make a second run and keep making runs all the time they can take pre orders or not just do a custom build scheme , my guess is that they wanted to sell these quick and create a sense of hyper demand
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Maniac

+1 for mini version.

I'm not too picky, and I had the MS20 mini for a while, which was fine for me.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Head

Mini boutique version with 25 mini key and AA battery operated
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone look at the MSRP of the Korg Kronos, Yamaha Montage and the Roland Fantom, Nord Stage, Prophet X , Moog ONe 8voice or Waldorf Quantum.
61 key $3299 average.
Granted they are workstations and poly synths, but the 2600 is one helluva beast and worth it in my opinion.
The thing just oozes quality &high end.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

If the ARP 2600 FS is so limited, they should make a lot of ARP 2600 FFS!
Old 13th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by denstrow View Post
+1 for mini version.

I'm not too picky, and I had the MS20 mini for a while, which was fine for me.
Not me, it was built like crap and super noisy.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishMusic View Post
Not me, it was built like crap and super noisy.
you caught the art of noise series. do you think the real ms be better? ok partly the vca of the mini is extreme .. but that's a cheap synth.
Old 13th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks bolero View Post
"No Fare!!"

hilarious...

I'd like to get on the bus, but I need about a year to save up some $. So I vote they wait a year
Bus?!

I thought "Ticket To Ride" was about the 909 ride cymbal
Old 14th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
you caught the art of noise series. do you think the real ms be better? ok partly the vca of the mini is extreme .. but that's a cheap synth.
The Behringer Odyssey for less money (than when the m20mini was new) is built like a tank, sounds just as good, has 3 filter revs, a full size keybed and is practically noise free. Sure it's got a few quirks like hpf and vca slider scratchiness but it's not even comparable to what you got for the money. In fact I sold 2 Korg products to get my Bodyssey. The mini and an electribe 2.

I get that the rev 1 filter is the more noisey one. They included it because it's also the more unique one. Korg had to hold out the second quiter filter choice for an extremely high priced model you had to build yourself.
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

So the 400 units are already sold out?

Doesnt make a lot of sense to make 400 units and sell them for $4000...

They should make 40000 and sell them for $2000. Then they can Scrooge McDuck to the tune of 80 bijillion dollars.
Old 14th January 2020
Can we do an MS20 FS petition first?
Old 14th January 2020
Dear Korg,

I really hope the limited edition is just marketing BS..
I never got along with Korg sound with the exception of Trident MKII, being the 2600 reissued by Korg I have to seriously consider it, besides that I've always liked the sound, who doesn't...?
Making this a limited edition after many years of speculations and wait I just feel stupid as potential customer. I have plenty of synths and I would love to get the 2600, but I refuse to feed this elitist synth frenzy of getting one before everyone else, just can't understand.
Being able to bring us such an iconic instrument like the 2600 and only the faster ones could get it just makes all this absurd and a complete nonsense. I'm totally fine with price, but completely shocked with the sales strategy.
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Addict

Im holding out for a 2500
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Addict

yeah, it's annoying, they need to make another batch. I got a call saying there were only 50 or something available here and they'd sold out instantaneously. I was too asleep to even process it.
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

I personally don’t care if they do another FS run. Bring on the Mini. I want to buy more than one.
Old 14th January 2020
Deleted 0fc8128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
So the 400 units are already sold out?

Doesnt make a lot of sense to make 400 units and sell them for $4000...

They should make 40000 and sell them for $2000. Then they can Scrooge McDuck to the tune of 80 bijillion dollars.
No, they are not. I can tell you stores you still can get your pre-order in!

This is what the world came about, just telling it over and over and make it the truth. 3 hours, and it sold out. No, 3 days and you still can get it!

Here one example:

Guitarcenter
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

They're not sold out.
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Guru

The Mini will suck balls just like the MS20 mini you watch, cheap plastic everywhere, dinky sliders and noisy output as fk, mini this mini that, no thanks, make proper sized instruments for everybody and stop with this incessant limited runs, special this, mini that crap..ffs when did this kind of thing become the new norm..?
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Head

Can’t wait for the mini
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Tell Korg Arp 2600 FS for everybody-66f2cfee-fd6f-49c1-88d3-6f0f03718c56.jpg  
Old 14th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRayJoeBob View Post
Im holding out for a 2500
Hm. Pretty sure the track was called "I'm holding out for a hero."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search