Old 22nd January 2020
Lives for gear

dark hipster like it limited..

again for everyone to take notes
"The ARP 2600 is brought back to life in a single, one-time-only production run
This limited-edition release .... "
Old 22nd January 2020
Gear Addict

I'd rather see a mini version with no tolex, no case and no keyboard, priced relative to their Odyssey module.
Old 22nd January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Micron View Post
I wouldn't want a mini version if it has shorter sliders. I know from vintage synths especially ARP's, that small slider movements, or even sometimes just touching a slider can deliver a very different sound.
As a TTSH owner, that's one of the biggest upsides I see in the Korg. Really difficult to perfectly tune modulation sources with the short slider throw.
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkinsnikwah View Post
As a TTSH owner, that's one of the biggest upsides I see in the Korg. Really difficult to perfectly tune modulation sources with the short slider throw.
Maybe instead of a mini version they can create an even bigger version liken a XL.
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

I'd love to play but I can't bring myself to click this option:

I want the Arp 2600 FS not fare it was sold out so quickly

[X] I want the Arp 2600 FS
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Guru

They certainly need to make it so people who have save for a long time can at least have the time to do so and then buy one, making something limited doesn't help Korgs bottom line in any way it only makes them more expensive on the second hand market. Does Korg want to make money selling them or do they want to see flippers and people selling them at inflated prices on second hand boards make the money ?

Why not do yearly runs, say make 500 a year and see how they sell, if they mostly sell make another 500 and so on and so on, people need time to organise finances we don't all have $6000 AUS laying around for a mono synth.
Old 23rd January 2020
How about an MS-20 Blackboard petition.
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

Don't need no road case.
Don't need no speakers. I got stickers to cover the holes.
Don't need no keyboard. Just move the cool stuff from keyboard to where the speakers used to be.
Now how much?
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Addict

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I would like to have a new Korg 2600 FS, but this marketing game from Korg, its not so nice, i think that i will buy the Behringer one.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I might buy 4 of them, and out Zawinul Joe Zawinul

one for each hand, and left and right feet too!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

The 4k price is just mental, no way. There is nothing about this synth that should cost 4k. You can get comparable luxury synths for half that, not to mention building a modular for much less that can do everything it can and more.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecaruption View Post
The 4k price is just mental, no way. There is nothing about this synth that should cost 4k. You can get comparable luxury synths for half that, not to mention building a modular for much less that can do everything it can and more.
Compared to the $11k OG not mental at all, innit?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Compared to the $11k OG not mental at all, innit?
The 11k for the original is just bloated because it's 50 years old and there aren't many of them around anymore in working condition. People who are paying that are paying for nostalgia and collectors items. But if you look at the specs of the 2600, it's a rather ordinary semi modular monophonic synth in the context of what's available nowadays in this golden age of analog. Not to mention, you can build modular systems these days for much less that will get you the same sound and functionality.

Ask yourself if it really costs Korg anywhere near 4k for them to build this thing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search