The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD-6
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Behringer RD-6

the numbers in the new teaser match the classic 606, would probably give a new RD6 in 3 days

Old 13th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Gonna be a little disappointed if they just do a standard 606 without additional drum voices. Could be cute to be small alongside the tb3 though if that's the angle.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Seeing as it's a Behringer product, the name should be 666.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
Gonna be a little disappointed if they just do a standard 606 without additional drum voices. Could be cute to be small alongside the tb3 though if that's the angle.
I think midi and usb are certainly not bad either, plus a pattern tool like the 303.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Seeing as it's a Behringer product, it should be named 666.
sorry my mistake HL666 evil bass drum
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

I'd be in for one. I'd wouldn't mind seeing them update and reboot some early stuff like the Rhythm Ace too.
Old 13th January 2020
I'd maybe get one if it is only $50 and the hat/cymbals are 100% spot on. Speaking of 606, what happened to RE-606? I was interested in that, but only if it was going to be worth the price for someone to build.
Old 13th January 2020
So did Roland scare them into dropping the 909 or what? What happened to their so called line of drum machines that was already mapped out like 2 years ago? The 606 wasn't on that list at all.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
So did Roland scare them into dropping the 909 or what? What happened to their so called line of drum machines that was already mapped out like 2 years ago? The 606 wasn't on that list at all.
i would get used to the fact that behringer presents more than just a synth. I may venture too far out of the window,
the sound in the video is definitely not a606. other side an extra graphic for a video ....let us surprise.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Nice, the 606 is my favorite drum machine. I don't think it needs additional drum voices, but it would be awesome if they gave more control over the tone of each voice, like kick/snare/tom pitch and decay, or hihat/cymbal decay. Individual outs is a must as well. Fortunately we've got a very talented mod crew with @ el-folie , @ Maffez and @ Nordcore likely on the case if Behringer don't go all out with this one.

My guess is that it'll replicate the workflow of the original exactly, just as the TD-3 did. Maybe there'll be an add on too, like the BBD delay from the Neutron.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM0 View Post
I'd maybe get one if it is only $50 and the hat/cymbals are 100% spot on. Speaking of 606, what happened to RE-606? I was interested in that, but only if it was going to be worth the price for someone to build.
RE-606 preorders are open.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas View Post
Nice, the 606 is my favorite drum machine. I don't think it needs additional drum voices, but it would be awesome if they gave more control over the tone of each voice, like kick/snare/tom pitch and decay, or hihat/cymbal decay. Individual outs is a must as well. Fortunately we've got a very talented mod crew with @ el-folie and @ Maffez likely on the case if Behringer don't go all out with this one

My guess is that it'll replicate the workflow of the original exactly, just as the TD-3 did. Maybe there'll be an add on too, like the BBD delay from the Neutron.
BIG fan of the 606 here also. But IF Behr are releasing a clone, it needs a clap. Every track I use 606 sounds in on my TR-8S, I almost always add a clap. Always found it odd that there never was one on the original.
Old 13th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckahecka View Post
RE-606 preorders are open.
Nice, though it looks to be in early stages. I don't think I will be up for building one myself. I got my RE-303 from altitude, which wasn't until the cases became available. I don't see anything in the forum about a RE-606 case yet, plus it may not be worth getting one from a builder anyways. TR-606 can still be purchased for less than $500.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear
Switchable sounds:

Dr110
Dr55
Handclapper
Cr78?
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

This could be a real winner with individual outs, additional tone controls and similar improved functionality to the quicksilver cpu.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

bring it
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Guru

The 606 always seemed like the least beloved of the TRx0x machines. I know it gets cloned out a sense of completion, but I can not really imagine the demand is that high.

I have a DR110 and that is pretty neat, but also has limited applications.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
The 606 always seemed like the least beloved of the TRx0x machines. I know it gets cloned out a sense of completion, but I can not really imagine the demand is that high.

I have a DR110 and that is pretty neat, but also has limited applications.
I'll take a 606 over a 707, 727 or a 505 any day of the week
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict
606/626/CR-78 are so vibey.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Maniac

It's Your Very Own Behringer Toilet Seat Replacement!
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanEdberg View Post
It's Your Very Own Behringer Toilet Seat Replacement!
explain the joke.. thx

cheers bumbum boris
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
unlikely they are scared of roland

if this is a 606 it makes sense considering the td3 which is fantastic

the 909 etc are going to getting dripped out have no doubt, that is unless they open the tap and forget to turn it off which is more likely

OF COURSE THE WATER ACTUALLY HAS TO FLOW to buyers and not just promo vids and internet creeps
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevee0303 View Post
This could be a real winner with individual outs, additional tone controls and similar improved functionality to the quicksilver cpu.
TT606 offered everything you mention , great little box, of course some complain - design not the same etc but a killer little 606 clone with many extras

behringer rd6? i would be interested as hell

IF I CAN GET ONE THAT IS
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
TT606 offered everything you mention , great little box
Yeah I followed it’s progress and was impressed but had a few too much 606 for any one man here at the time. Now down to two, one with QS and the other with tonal/individual mods
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer RD-6-36605703-89ad-4229-8bbf-5c8d0cd8b0a1.jpg  
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Individual outputs please
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Maniac
606 is the best of the TR series imo...
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear
What make you guys to think that this is going to be the 606 reissue?

The teaser indicates the number 3, which means that probably this is the VCS3…
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
What make you guys to think that this is going to be the 606 reissue?

The teaser indicates the number 3, which means that probably this is the VCS3…
The styling and number 10 with 0 is the same as the 606, so it makes sense although I’d prefer it was the VCS3.
I can only imagine the drama if it was
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Meh I had one. Picked it up at a garage sale for $50, sold it on. I liked the sequencer, the rest not so much.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear
The 606 has simple and intuitive interface and the sequencer it looks cool …
📝 Reply