The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New korg wavestate...
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

New korg wavestate...

Korg hasn't announced it yet but they will tommorow and there new synth is a update too the wavestation.
It contains many of the original waves and some from the expansion cards plus new ones.
It's got 64 voices and each one is stereo and an be assigned like the original. You have 4 vectors and can morphed with the joystick.
It's got 2 modulation processors. These allow modulation sources to be transformed in lots of ways such as offsetting, quantising, reshaping the modulation curves.

The keybed looks similar to minilogue but the keybed doesn't have aftertouch but can receive polyafter touch via midi from an external keyboard.

It also has new filters including ms20, polysix filters.. And they can be chosen via a flip switch.in total there's 12 filter modes.

It also has multi fx.. Its 3 fx per slots per layer and it also has a global reverb and eq.

Finally its got a sequencer similar to monologue we're by you have multilane automation so u can automate parameters per step per sequence.

It looks a beast of a synth..

heres some better pics..you need to thank my wife shes taken the pics
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by djwaxxy; 6th January 2020 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: ADDED IMAGES
Old 6th January 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Pic of the mag or it didn't happen.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Will buy a desktop the moment it’s announced
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Price?
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
Pic of the mag or it didn't happen.
Tell me how to upload pics I'll photograph the full write up so u can read it mate
Old 6th January 2020
Very interested...will eagerly await the inevitable korg price drop
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

heres some images..the rrp is £699
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

its ok ive created a new forum page and posted pics ..its a beauty
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Puddle of drool forming on my desk right now.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

im really sorry for quality of pics ive just got home and I did a quick photo with my phone ..if you want too read more about it its in future music issue 353..i don't usually get it this early I think they sent them out by mistake.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Hell yes. I'm gonna be pre-ordering this one.
Old 6th January 2020
Gear Addict
A module would be killer!
Old 6th January 2020
if that translates into $699 dollars Im in straight away. Tiny form factor but my studio is full anyway....damn man this is better that I thought they were about to announce, nice one korg!
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

in the magazine it looks slightly bigger than a minilogue xd and it doesn't say anything about a desktop version..just read its got a randomise button so its like the hydrasynth if your bored or need some inspiration hit the dice icon and itll give you a unique sound which you can then save.
that's a cool feature and im glad more synths are doing this.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

I assume these filters are VA? I wish it had real Prologue filters or whatever else Korg would want to put in. There is a soft synth Wavestation so I'm not sure if this hardware will be easier for people. It's nice they are bringing back older tech.
Old 6th January 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

So basically they took the Kronos' HD-1 engine and slapped a knobby interface on it and added their 'legacy collection' modeled filters?
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah, this is interesting. The "MS-20" and "Polysix" options in the filter section sure don't hurt (even though they clearly have to be digital emulations).

I was recently handed a voucher too that I can use to pay for a good chunk of this thing. Hmm. Got my first Wavestation, an EX, in 1994, then sold it a few years later, then bought the Legacy Collection in 2004 and found myself disappointed with the sound, so I went out and got an A/D, which is now in dire need of an overhaul. I'll get the overhaul done, of course, but hey, a 2020 version of the Wavestation (I did use my old EX a ton back in the day) would be great, I think. Hmmmmmm. Hoping we get access to the manual and some sound demos tomorrow. I might jump on this thing the moment it's available here.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

more info..
its got 4 layers and each layer has its own switch so you can turn them off if youd like,plus each layer has 3 fx slots..the oled screen looks much bigger than the minilogues and shows way more info than the others..

cant wait to hear this .
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I assume these filters are VA? I wish it had real Prologue filters or whatever else Korg would want to put in. There is a soft synth Wavestation so I'm not sure if this hardware will be easier for people. It's nice they are bringing back older tech.
I think they are it says there emulations of the polysix,ms20...but wether there real analogue or not you can bet they sound superb.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Wow... cool. Color me intrigued.

Not sure about the name Wavestate though... people reading posts about it are going to think people mistyped Wavestation.

Dice button? Borrowing from Microfreak ideas there?

And how will this compare to the Wavestation VST and iPad app? New samples? New features? Looks like more filter options at least.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Will be preordering, assuming it sounds how I hope. The audio in the lastest teaser not bad
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

just been too my filesilo account I cant grab any vids or my downloadable mag because the issue isn't in the vault..that shows it got released by accident there usually there to download the day I get my magazine.
if I can access the content ill share the korg wave page on here so you can check it out.
Old 6th January 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
just been too my filesilo account I cant grab any vids or my downloadable mag because the issue isn't in the vault..that shows it got released by accident there usually there to download the day I get my magazine.
if I can access the content ill share the korg wave page on here so you can check it out.
You've already done plenty dude, thanks. I'm pretty sure the mail carriers just decided to actually get off their butts and do their jobs for once and that's why you got your physical copy of the mag early.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Very interesting.

I hope we see a Module version of this one, too.
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

pretty much what roland should have done with the d50 instead of offering it in an even smaller and equally miserable interface. this looks like full size keys as well. or is it the "slim" like on the minilogue?
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

Nice, more digital back on the scene! But this makes me wonder: what is the A Team up to?

edit: 2600 I guess, eh
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=mp3;14429686]So basically they took the Kronos' HD-1 engine and slapped a knobby interface on it and added their 'legacy collection' modeled filters?[/QUOTE

Yes taking the best parts and remix into a new build , hope Mod 7 will come ,

Wasn't the weight of Workstations discussed and now Korg are going to release these upgrades in separate new compact models ,
Old 6th January 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
Yes taking the best parts and remix into a new build , hope Mod 7 will come ,

Wasn't the weight of Workstations discussed and now Korg are going to release these upgrades in separate new compact models ,
Not a bad deal at all, but as a Kronos owner I don't think I'll be buying this or the SV2 (or a Mod7 if they ever did one). Too much overlap for this frugal soul. That interface does look fun though. Hopefully they'll find it in their hearts to update the Kronos HD-1 with the Polysix and MS20 filters...

By the way, the Kronos 61 is surprisingly light.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search