The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New korg wavestate...
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if there are any in stock anywhere in the USA?
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

I was initially very excited about this synth and was going to pair it with a Minilogue XD. But as I see and hear more, I'm not so sure. Actually liking the Argon's tones better now that I've heard more of that as well. Looks better too. I'll know for sure when Sweetwater finally has them in to try out.

Sorry, just thinking out loud I guess.
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
I was initially very excited about this synth and was going to pair it with a Minilogue XD. But as I see and hear more, I'm not so sure. Actually liking the Argon's tones better now that I've heard more of that as well. Looks better too. I'll know for sure when Sweetwater finally has them in to try out.

tron!

that said yeah its tough one this wavestate

at first i was ina we loving it rather it over poly d but now i heard poly do that things likea virtual new minimoog in our hands
Old 11 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad View Post
@ Dan Phillips or anyone. Silly question, but I can't find an initialize patch function. Does it exist and if so where?

Thanks

Edit; I see now there are Init Program layer and WSEQ Lane presets you can load into a Perform. I used them to create my own starter Perform/preset. But is there no master start from scratch initialize function? There are no mention of any of these items in the manual.
There's an Init Performance as well, at the very top of the list (when sorted alphabetically).
Old 8 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Luc Cougar View Post
Does anyone know if there are any in stock anywhere in the USA?
Perfect Circuit had a bunch over the weekend, but they're out now. Might ask them directly when more is coming, as they seem to be quick with getting gear in.
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Nut

Would definitely have one of these if it was 61 key.
Old 4 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajor Hill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post

tron!

that said yeah its tough one this wavestate

at first i was ina we loving it rather it over poly d but now i heard poly do that things likea virtual new minimoog in our hands

Yeah it's interesting. I love the sound it makes, but in terms of actually putting it in a track - there's not many times I'm going to need a whole wavesequence like that. I'm seriously considering just getting an upgrade to Omnisphere instead, as the UI is much much easier to use on computer, plus it has hardware integration with my existing modules. I really really want to love the Wavestate. I've owned a WS AD and an EX in the past, and it was one of my favourite machines, but I just can't get past how difficult it is going to be to program. It looks like an absolute nightmare.
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Addict
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Head

Still waiting on mine, but another question for those of you who have one... I recall seeing that you can assign each vector to its own midi channel. Does that mean, essentially, you could run this as a 4 part multitimbral synth, if using another controller? Can I play four separate parts, using the four vectors?
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordradish View Post
Still waiting on mine, but another question for those of you who have one... I recall seeing that you can assign each vector to its own midi channel. Does that mean, essentially, you could run this as a 4 part multitimbral synth, if using another controller? Can I play four separate parts, using the four vectors?
Yes, each of the 4 layers can have it’s own MIDI channel.
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post
I was waiting for this. Having watched a lot of these, reading between the lines I interpreted the review as:

Powerful engine
Easier to use than Wavestation
Still somewhat tedious to use even though it has a lot of knobs
Would really benefit from an editor
The inability to modulate monophonic parameters from poly sources was a misstep

You will also note:
Made no claims or requests for user sample uploading
Old 56 minutes ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Luc Cougar View Post
I was waiting for this. Having watched a lot of these, reading between the lines I interpreted the review as:

Powerful engine
Easier to use than Wavestation
Still somewhat tedious to use even though it has a lot of knobs
Would really benefit from an editor
The inability to modulate monophonic parameters from poly sources was a misstep

You will also note:
Made no claims or requests for user sample uploading
This video confirms what I already know.

At about 8:00, he talks about the setup of the sequences. Holding shift key and the bottom row buttons would speed things up. It's very tedious work as is.
Old 54 minutes ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad View Post
This video confirms what I already know.

At about 8:00, he talks about the setup of the sequences. Holding shift key and the bottom row buttons would speed things up. It's very tedious work as is.
i Agree with him...seems to ask for a "Editor"...

Or a bigger screen...very deep engine...
Old 50 minutes ago
Gear Maniac

Y’all should cancel your preorders so I can get mine quicker...
Old 4 minutes ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymos View Post
Y’all should cancel your preorders so I can get mine quicker...
I'm considering returning mine and waiting for an editor to appear.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search