The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg to release full sized ARP 2600
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
I dunnow. The rule states

16. You may not post any private correspondence on the forums (this includes e-mails and/or private messages, and especially details of legal disputes and/or court papers received via the forum or elsewhere).

I'd guess that "private correspondence" means correspondence in which the other party has a reasonable expectation of privacy . I'm doubtful that "private correspondence" includes product inquiries to the official representatives of a vendor, unless the vendor has indicated that the statement is given in confidence, anymore than it violates the privacy of various sellers to relate the pre-ordering shenanigans that are regularly being published here

Maybe one of the mods can advise?
Exactly, it was sent to a generic customer service department. Btw, I’m sure they answer I received is nothing g special, as it’s probably given to everyone who replies. Certainly, nothing special in the very vague answer. Btw, I got another response. They pretty much apologized for not being able to provide much in the way of answering my question, and referred me to contact participating dealerships and direct any questions to them.
So, who knows? Maybe they are still gauging interest to find out how many they actually want to produce?
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCue View Post
Crazy how so many shops have taken advantage of the situation and are enjoying free cashflow. Partly Korg's fault too. Needless to say, I'm gutted.
I work in ecommerce, and sometimes I see entrepreneurs complaining about being banned from Paypal or Shopify, and it's because sometimes, people start businesses without an awareness around payment processing and best practices there.

In many countries, you're not supposed to charge anything until you ship your goods. You're not supposed to take pre-order money with Paypal, that's against the rules, because you're taking on a risk and you're also making Paypal (or whatever payment method you're working with) take on that risk.

However, when you're using inexpensive platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce or Magento, you sometimes run into shortcuts taken by inexperienced developers or inexperienced merchants, such as charging for an order upon receipt of the order, rather than when an order gets shipped.

This can actually get you (as a merchant) in trouble with your payment processor, and suddenly you're being charged a higher percentage for each transaction, or in a worst case scenario, you're no longer allowed to accept payment.

Preorders should not be "free cashflow." Responsible vendors should at best be taking a refundable deposit, but ideally should accept a payment method that's associated with an order, and revisit that payment method once inventory comes in. This becomes challenging when shipping delays take months rather than weeks, because authorization on payment can expire, but then for a low volume item like this, that's the kind of problem that's solved by making a quick phone call to the customer, and re-authorizing payment.

If a store has charged you full price, you should be able to get that refunded with the promise of not losing your place in line, and if they don't play ball, you can report them to your credit card company, who will take further action that will make the store's life harder in response to their having made your life harder.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

Preorders should not be "free cashflow." Responsible vendors should at best be taking a refundable deposit, but ideally should accept a payment method that's associated with an order, and revisit that payment method once inventory comes in.
Another thing to remember is that if your vendor ceases trading and declares bankruptcy, you are an unsecured creditor and will likely never get your payment back.

When I was in practice, I had more than one client come in with a situation in which they had pre-paid orders, or put down substantial deposits on Monday, and the business had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on Wednesday.

Their money immediately becomes the property of the bankruptcy trustee, and went to pay the business's secured and priority creditors. They got nothing back. I had to explain that this was quite legal.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars View Post
I contacted a Korg. This was their response.
Heh, that's a far cry more polite than the email I sent them (probably why they didn't reply).
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars View Post
I contacted a Korg. This was their response.
It is similar in vagueness as to what Korg UK told me on the phone. It's frustrating as there is no way to verify whether the allocations dealers claim to have will actually be fulfilled.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
Yeah but where is it though...?
Be patient (very)--- it's coming !
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search