The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg to release full sized ARP 2600
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Does anyone know the dimensions of the road case? Want to work out if it will fit in my car!
Old 27th February 2020
not exactly what you asked for, but might help
(maybe add a few cm in each direction)

Dimensions (W × D × H), Weight
ARP 2600 FS
836 x 232 x 509 mm / 32.9 x 9.13 x 20.0 inches, 19.3 kg / 42.55 lbs.
ARP 3620
914 x 274 x 158 mm / 36.0 x 10.8 x 6.2 inches,11.3 kg / 24.91 lbs.
Old 27th February 2020
Had I written that email from Korg, and I knew that the FS was definitely a limited-run, I would've worded it much differently. The statement does seem to imply continued production if demand persists. It's vague on the positive side.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecaruption View Post
A large corporation like Korg knows exactly how many widgets they're making and should be able to communicate exactly where they're going very easily, unless there's deliberate subterfuge going on.
Korg owes us nothing. They are a money-making entity that will (and should) use every advantage they have to squeeze every dollar from every widget...and if they deliberately are not divulging a final number until the last one rolls off the line in 5 years then kudos to them for nailing a campaign.

If we read their copy, it says “single, one time only” production run...which could run for decades and they wouldn’t be any more deceptive than other marketing out there.

Now if we were talking about a REAL deceptive company like Facebook...then I’d get it. But there’s zero harm here.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest View Post
Korg owes us nothing. They are a money-making entity that will (and should) use every advantage they have to squeeze every dollar from every widget...and if they deliberately are not divulging a final number until the last one rolls off the line in 5 years then kudos to them for nailing a campaign.

If we read their copy, it says “single, one time only” production run...which could run for decades and they wouldn’t be any more deceptive than other marketing out there.
I see your point and that's one way to look at it. But in order to continue to make money, you need to make your customers happy and be transparent in your business practices to maintain a good reputation. If not, customers may go elsewhere with their cash.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Now if we were talking about a REAL deceptive company like Facebook...then I’d get it. But there’s zero harm here.
But, if that’s the case, why aren’t retailers still taking preorders, saying they are sold out?
Why are people who thought they had a preorder, now being told they may not have one?
It makes no sense.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
...you need to make your customers happy...
Yes, agreed. Korg needs to keep the buyers of their products happy. People who didn’t get a 2600 are not customers though. Ferrari doesn’t need to keep me happy...I want their product but I’m not on the list for an Enzo.

But to your actual point yes they also need to keep prospective customers somewhat happy...they can’t tarnish their brand. I’m just not sure that it does. Worldwide I don’t think there are that many people who “missed out” that would have actually followed through with a purchase.

In truth if someone wants one and they aren’t on a wait list...what if Korg is planning to fulfill wait lists? Wouldn’t that be a smart way to determine actual demand?

I hear the Sweetwater waitlist doesn’t grow...it replenishes. People drop off and people jump on. My guess is the wait list for the US is maybe 50 people. Maybe 120 world wide. Does Korg really need to bend over backwards to placate 120 people when they sell more Volcas than that in an hour?
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars View Post
But, if that’s the case, why aren’t retailers still taking preorders, saying they are sold out?
Why are people who thought they had a preorder, now being told they may not have one?
It makes no sense.
As a retailer I wouldn’t be taking on the burden of new preorders now. You’d have to place a CC hold that will expire before product ships and deal with a customer you might not be able to execute a contract with.

Now people being told they had one now being told no go...yes that’s def a problem. But was that Korg or the retailer?

In a year when we look back at this we may never know but I can tell you...unless Korg cancels all remaining orders...their reputation won’t suffer beyond a handful of customers.

I talked to a friend of mine who is really into synths who didn’t even know there was any controversy. He’d love a 2600 but had no intentions of buying one (like 99.99% of synth enthusiasts) and is completely unfazed by any of this.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
As a retailer I wouldn’t be taking on the burden of new preorders now. You’d have to place a CC hold that will expire before product ships and deal with a customer you might not be able to execute a contract with.

Now people being told they had one now being told no go...yes that’s def a problem. But was that Korg or the retailer?

In a year when we look back at this we may never know but I can tell you...unless Korg cancels all remaining orders...their reputation won’t suffer beyond a handful of customers.

I talked to a friend of mine who is really into synths who didn’t even know there was any controversy. He’d love a 2600 but had no intentions of buying one (like 99.99% of synth enthusiasts) and is completely unfazed by any of this.
As a retailer you wouldn’t be taking preorders if Korg gave you an allotted number, and your allotment was filled. Sure, you would add names to the list, in. case some people cancelled their preorder, but that’s the only reason you wouldn’t take any more orders. Because you were only allotted so many to begin with. To speculate beyond the facts, is kind of pointless. As far as shipment 1,2 or 3, those shipments are only to meant to full fill the orders that have been placed. Nothing more.
Old 29th February 2020
Here for the gear

I bought one early, from bax-shop, but they are still selling them though... So I’m unsure if my purchase will be fulfilled, its already payed in full.
I don’t want to open a can of worms by contacting them before the set estimate delivery date passes by... I have some hope but there’s this uncertainty.
Anyone in the same boat as me?
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kain View Post
I bought one early, from bax-shop, but they are still selling them though... So I’m unsure if my purchase will be fulfilled, its already payed in full.
I don’t want to open a can of worms by contacting them before the set estimate delivery date passes by... I have some hope but there’s this uncertainty.
LOL. Bax are dodgy as fk, of course they’re still selling them.
Old 1st March 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
How did you pay? I ordered mine somewhere else and used PayPal. My credit card hasn’t been charged yet...
Old 1st March 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay65 View Post
How did you pay? I ordered mine somewhere else and used PayPal. My credit card hasn’t been charged yet...
Paypal, connected to bank account; the full price was paid and transferred.
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
i would be very careful with Bax Music..! They are a very dodgy company.
I once had a very bad experience with them. I bought a Korg Minilogue, on their website they said it would ship and be with me the next day. Nothing, then the day after that nothing. I called them up, but couldn't get a human on the phone. I emailed them, nothing for a week. Then they finally answered and told me there was some problem with the postal service. Sure, could happen, but the lack of communication was kind of frustrating to me. So I waited another few days, and tried to contact them everyday about the status, but couldn't go through etc. etc. Then I got somebody else on the phone, had NO CLUE about my situation... Awh man.

Long story short: For more than 3 weeks they had my money, and I still didn't get my Minilogue in. I cancelled the order, and I had to fill in a form, it was all a huge headache.

In the meantime, I checked user reviews from Bax, and turns out I wasn't the only one who was having the same issues with them.

What's even worse, after my cancellation, I had to wait another 2 weeks to get my money back!

It wasn't a good experience..

Imagine dropping 4K on an ARP 2600, with radio silence from them. I would be careful!
Old 1st March 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post
Imagine dropping 4K on an ARP 2600, with radio silence from them. I would be careful!
I have not contacted them about it yet.
But, in my past experiences with them I’ve had excellent response times; I use FB messenger, to contact them and have always gotten good deals on gear via their site.
So, about their service and the safety of my money I am least concerned. I’m just wondering if they are overselling their allotment.
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Bax is not based on the dutch german border , but rather the border of netherlands/belgium
They have their headquartes in the south of the netherlands (town called GOES ) and another shop in Belgium , city of Antwerp .
I wouldn't call them more dubious then any other retailer .
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict

I’m amazed people are still trying to get this. IMO people should boycott them for this bs. They suck.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
What delivery date did you get?

I ordered mine, probably after you, and Bax updated my shipping date to July shortly after I ordered.

I emailed them, and also spoke to them on the phone, and they assured me that they have a reserved allocation from the Korg distributor. And gave the demand from all dealers as the reason for pushing the shipping date to July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
3 years ago bax sold several reissues (mini clones) for 2.3k. amazingly, customers really got their synth ..
but the company is rather dubious .. based on the german dutch border ..
That's incorrect. They have 4 shops in the Netherlands, and 1 in Belgium. I've not had any problems with my past orders with them.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
That's incorrect.

Kundenservice:
Bax Music
Vogt 21
D-52072 Aachen.
Deutschland

but frankly i don't order from thomann either, i prefer local dealers.
No it's not. They have those 4 physical shops in the Netherlands & Belgium.

The address you listed is just their German customer service address, for their German website. See the bottom of their Dutch website for the 4 shop addresses. https://www.bax-shop.nl/

I read an article about them some years ago which said Bax was started by 2 Dutch brothers, and that they had 400+ employees and were expanding into Europe.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's incorrect.

Kundenservice:
Bax Music
Vogt 21
D-52072 Aachen.
Deutschland

but frankly i don't order from thomann either, i prefer local dealers.
Kundenservice = customer support , it's not a shop .
Stop posting incorrect info ( and not only in this thread )
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
do you work there or why do you advertise the ... musikstore koeln is much better ..
it's about the trustworthiness of bax .. and let's say it's interesting.
I posted because Mr Kain asked if anyone else had ordered their 2600 from Bax, and I have.

And I was correcting you, because what you stated was wrong. Why not just admit that and move on...
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicFur View Post

I emailed them, and also spoke to them on the phone, and they assured me that they have a reserved allocation from the Korg distributor. And gave the demand from all dealers as the reason for pushing the shipping date to July.
Their physical shops are probably OK..but their online reputation is shady, or if I'm being generous, amateurish.

I would call Korg and ask them why Bax are still selling them when they are sold out around the world and if their allocation is somehow very generous.

Before I ordered from G4M I called Korg UK to check this kind of thing.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
Bax is not based on the dutch german border , but rather the border of netherlands/belgium
They have their headquartes in the south of the netherlands (town called GOES ) and another shop in Belgium , city of Antwerp .
I wouldn't call them more dubious then any other retailer .
Thanks mate. Next time i'm on the netherlands/belgium border, I'll make sure to avoid this shop. Nice area though, had a good lunch there once.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks mate. Next time i'm on the netherlands/belgium border, I'll make sure to avoid this shop. Nice area though, had a good lunch there once.
Why should I care ?
Do as you wish
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Double post

Last edited by gentleclockdivid; 2nd March 2020 at 03:52 PM..
Old 2nd March 2020
CFM
Here for the gear

Euro retailers - I've used Bax no problems. Can't say the same for Thomann. How a 4 tier keyboard stand becomes a 5 rack guitar stand only jesus knows? Plus no balls to admit they sent the wrong item! Now back to the Karp 2600. I go on the unscientific unboxing video. I've seen a few retailers unboxing but no joe public unboxings, which makes me think only special people so far have an Karp 2600. I was told delivery Feb, early March, then April or May. Then they did not know how many they would actually get so could be I'd get one or maybe not but as I was near the top of the order list maybe. How Bax knows they will get a delivery of Karps in 6 months time is beyond me.
Old 2nd March 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Paypal, connected to bank account; the full price was paid and transferred.
Must have something to do with that then. I have my credit card connected.

No news from my retailer on the final delivery date, I will ask them tomorrow
Old 3rd March 2020
CFM
Here for the gear

Has anyone had a Karp 2600 delivered?
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
calm down and share your experience, if it is current, however it is.
If you had bothered to read my posts in this thread then you would know I have done precisely that...
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
well then good luck with bax and the money put on ice.
So BAX takes your money and collects interest on it for months before they either ship or refund it due to product unavailability?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search