The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
If I cant decide between the juno 6(0) and the 106...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
If I cant decide between the juno 6(0) and the 106...

Would buying a ju-06a help me?

There are tons of discussions out about them and comparison videos. but I just want to drown either of em in distrotion/feedback. There the imput does make quite a diffrence.

Clean I prefere the tone of the 6(0). But who says the slightly smoother 106 wont sound more musical after being distorted to death, I mean listen to this: https://wmdevices.com/blogs/news/wmd...n-synthesizers

Would the ju-06a with both its modes be a good comparison of the 2? or do you think the originals will react diffrent to using a lot of dirt? In my experiance some good sounding synths react bad to distortion stuff and the other way around happens aswell.

Simple question I guess! now whos got the awnser and can convince me so?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Roland HS-60 is the obvious answer, then.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you’re gonna distort them, yeah save your pennies and buy the boutique. No point in grabbing the originals imo.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you are truly going to drown either of em in distrotion/feedback, it truly doesn't matter...from a sound standpoint.

How many notes do you plan to play at once?
How long are the release times going to be for the sounds you will create?

These questions are somewhat important because your options have various numbers of voices. The boutiques have 4. That means you can play 4 notes at one time, like a three finger chord and one finger low bass note. The proper Junos have 6 voices.
There is also a thing called voice stealing. For example you play a 3 finger chord, then play another three finger chord. If the notes have long release times, 2 voices from the first chord will need to be "stolen" and used in the new chord. This can lead to some weirdness.

To avoid voice issues, and since you are gonna distort the living crap out of em, get a Deepmind12. With all the distortion, it'll be just fine.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search