The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MCP and Electro-Harmonix 45000 sync - or another solid option?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
MCP and Electro-Harmonix 45000 sync - or another solid option?

We're sequencing drum samples and some synths with an MPC 1000. I'm playing guitar - and I'd like to lay down some loops to stay in sync - and then play around on top of that. the MPC puts out a beat clock - and the Electro-Harmonix 45000 has midi in and out.

(in theory, both band members have the same options)

Has anyone worked with these together?

I've used an echoplex for this in the past / but our machine seems broken and we've tried to fix it a few times already. It's too mysterious - and we can't count on it. Bad blood there...

We also use a few BOSS RC-300 loop pedals - but we can't seem to get them to play by the rules (midi wise + we work with a few different time signatures). We created some tracks with a silent loop at the right BPM - but it's not as reliable as it seems like it could be.

Bottom line: I'm looking for a way to play the backing tracks on the MPC and then build a layer or two of guitars on top - and be able to mute/toggle those tracks easily - and for the loops to be aware of the BMP and to lock into the track without too much finesse. I'm looking for hardware and I don't want to deal with Ableton etc.

Please let me know if you have any ideas! : )
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search