The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best selling synths on reverb.com for 2019
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

That list really just reflects that cheaper smaller synths sell (and resell) in higher volume. The exception is the OP-1, which I've always thought was overpriced for what you're getting. I realize the Volcas were/are somewhat revolutionary and have a cult following, but I never liked how they sounded even at that price point. A little too toyish and buzzy sounding for my taste.

I actually wish Korg would have done something like the Volca line but a step up in quality, features, and price. To me it would've been more worth it to buy 3 or 4 different synth and drum modules in the $300-$400 range that played well together but sounded better than the Volcas. I guess all that's missing is an analog drum machine in the price range of the Minilogue.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
This are the Thomann’s Top selling synths/drum machines/grooveboxes for the last month. So, I guess this is more accurate on what is going on right now in the synth market. Behringer is dominating the synth market and this is obvious.

1 – Behringer Pro – 1
2 – Behringer MS – 101
3 – Behringer Model D
4 – Electron Digitakt
5 – Behringer Vocoder VC 340
6 – Arturia MicroFreak
7 – Behringer Deepminid 12
8 – Moog DFAM
9 – Behringer Odyssey
10 – Roland TR8s
11 – Akai MPK Mini Play
12 – Moog Subsequent 37
13 – 1010music Blackbox
14 - Novation MiniNova
15 – Behringer Neutron
16 – Korg Volca Modular
16 – Electron Digiton

So, Behringer has the most synths on this list, and I think this looks obvious. Keep in mind this list contains contains synths, drum machines and grooveboxes, and what is very interesting though is that Roland’s new MC 707 and MC 101 are absent, and Korg has only one synth in the 16th position. Electron is still doing it well with the Digitakt mainly and the Digiton, while Moog has noticeable presence with the Moog Subsequent 37 and the Mood DFAM drum machine.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Love Maths to death, but let’s just say it’s the very last thing I reach for when trying to come up with a new synth line. It’s a utility module, not a synth voice!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

For perspective: the TC June-60 pedal made Reverb's 15 best-selling pedals of 2019 list (just barely, but still). I'm certain that the OP-1 wasn't the world's best-selling synth of 2019. It's not a lie or a damned lie, it's... statistics.

As for Thomann: they're the Behringer dealer who always gets the first batch, and early adopters know this, it's well publicized. So their stats will be skewed towards Behringer's synths, more than other retailers. Perfect Circuit's list will be different from Long & McQuade's and so on.

Synths released in mid-2019 had to make up ground on the lists, against synths that were available all year. They're listed by number of units sold rather than $£€¥^℃=§!!, which tends to favor cheaper synths. And so on, lots of variables.

Easy prediction: Behringer will dominate these lists in 2020.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search