The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Access Virus TI output issue
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Access Virus TI output issue

This is pretty specific to Access Virus TI users but I can't find info on this anywhere...

In Single mode, every patch is automatically panned hard right, so every time I switch to a different patch I have to change the setting to neutral... there's gotta be a way to fix this globally, right?

Even worse, the left side of every analog output pair, 1, 2 and 3, makes no sound. Ive tested my mixer, my speakers, the cables, etc., it has to be an issue with the virus. Ive gone into the menu where you choose the output pair and panning, makes no difference. Even weirder, on patches with panning and effects, i can traces of sound in the right speaker, so I know the right side is sending something, but not what it should be.

Am i missing something? Is there a global panning parameter somewhere?
So close to digital synth perfection goddamnit!

thanks,
serial
Old 4 days ago
Ha! I've never even used my VirusTI's analog outputs, so I'm no help there. One suggestion is to get a Komplete Audio 6 MkII USB interface and try using the S/PDIF output of the Virus. You get infinite SNR and zero-noise-floor.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

You might want to try a firmware update to see if it corrects everything, I have one but mine works perfectly, all I ever did was update the firmware checked out the total integration software, realised it wasn't for me so went back to using it old school analog outs and 5 pin MIDI. Try a factory rest or something akin.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Yeah, I updated the firmware right before I made the post, so no luck there :(. What's even weirder is before I updated, it was only output 1 pair that had issues, 2 and 3 were fine, and output stopped working when i was messing with the chorus! after I updated firmware all 3 outputs are ****ed.

Yeah, factory reset is probably my last hope.Thanks.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Is it doing the same if you plug headphones into the synth?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Also; make sure you don’t have any midi signals going to cc10, (Panorama). Often i’ve had problems sending midi cc accidentally, to the virus, which is very receptive to this, that other midi controlled synths i have, have not been. This is the only universal signal command that could cause this behaviour, that i can think of.

Additionally, try using it in multimode, but sending a different, midi channel controlled, voice to each output. Save the multipatch, and then shut down and restart. If all 3 voices are only on one side, then yes, i would consider sending it in.

The virus is so complex, (even compared to modern equivalence), that it is easy to get lost in its internal structure.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search