The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
December 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
December 2019 New Gear Thread

well, 1st of december over here already. so to open the Christmas season:

finally found this on little discount after eyeing it for several years now.

http://www.pedalfinder.com/pedal/a-i...ss-distortion/

always deemed bass high gain distortion somewhat samey and inarticulate, until i heard this gem. menacing yet very musical and smooth. i like how it creates a sh1tload of harmonics out of a relatively dark signal. beside stringed gear, will be interesting feeding some electronics into it as well..

@ EvilDragon big thanks for helping me out with ordering this

Last edited by clusterchord; 12th December 2019 at 04:43 AM..
Old 1st December 2019
Deleted 13e7993
Got my nephew some drums. These actually sound really good.

The gold colored thing is a waterphone. I paid too much for it but I'm fascinated by these kinds of instruments.

I now have the rat2, deucetone rat, the fatrat, and now the white rat made in Japan. I need a rat intervention I think.

Made some unexpected sales and was able to have a budget that I didn't anticipate until mid next year. Naturally, synths and pedals were on the agenda.
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-remo-drums.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-waterphone.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-white-rat.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-medusa.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-immerse-reverb.jpg  

December 2019 New Gear Thread-iconoclast.jpg  
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
oooh a fellow pedal slut

you need a Turbo Rat as well (read: OK Computer) to complete your collection

i got a lovetone meatball last month, and am currently obsessing over period accurate reissues of early fuzzes, like tone bender, rangemaster, various germanium oc transistors etc - in short, i need professional help

PS congratulations on waterphone, i was checking one out in a specialized percussion store in Berlin, and the big one was 2k euro.,, but what a phenomenal sound and instrument. and range of tones, and capabilities to alter the tone with various objects used to play it are far greater than what one usually extrapolates from typical hollywood use, or what we get in sound libraries.
Old 1st December 2019
Deleted 13e7993
Yeah man, pedals are an obsession for me. I can't get enough of these little boxes of magic. Congrats on getting a Meatball. That thing is a classic in every sense. GAS.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Although technically these came in at the end of November, I have got them setup now and am amazed at the power such little monitor's can deliver (The room is small). Will probably re-position when I have the room fully in order.

Hoping these newer ones don't have the same probs the older gens had.
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-rokit.jpg  
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Nut

17 Reviews written
🎧 10 years

Added UCX and SSL SiX to my setup...
Next steps - 500 series lunchbox + monitors
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
just received a Nemesis and a Volante, and Moog DFAM is on the way
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-volantel.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-nemesis-.jpg  
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I traded a mandolin I used to play a lot (but don’t much anymore) for a new Reface CP with case. I’ve not been happy with the Lounge Lizard plugin, I was looking for a nice Wurlitzer sound, and this Yamaha emulation is very good.

I would have liked a module with CP electric pianos and YC organ sounds, minus the mini keys. The keybed is not terrible, but the CP seems to come to life when played with a nicer keyboard. The hidden piano is a little bright but fits well into a mix. The effects are good and useful, the wah is the weakest, the tremolo is sweet, the delay is a lot of fun. Happy trade.
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-fa71f59d-3c89-460e-981f-52601c17511e.jpg  
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mackie 1604 VLZ 4 to replace the bitten CR 1604 . Expert Sleepers Usamo . Decksaver for the Tr 606 .

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 2nd December 2019 | Show parent

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORDICUS View Post
Mackie 1604 VLZ 4 to replace the bitten CR 1604 .
Please. Don't.
Old 2nd December 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I'm really digging EZDrummer a lot, so I got these expansions while they're still on sale:

I'm a big fan of Colin Richardson's albums so even though it probably won't be like his classics (Fear Factory, Carcass, Napalm Death) I still expect this will be nice to have if only to analyze it.

I'm not expecting great things out of this as it's only 200mb, but it claims to have a bunch of vintage drum machines covered. Again, I think this would be a great opportunity to learn if nothing else. Confession: The guy that put this one together is the same one that produced Britney Spears' "Toxic" and that's one of my favorite songs of hers. IT'S BRITNEY, BITCH!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 13e7993 View Post
The gold colored thing is a waterphone. I paid too much for it but I'm fascinated by these kinds of instruments.
Hello fellow ethnic-drum slut! Waterphone is on my "one of these days when I have too much money" lists because they sound so wicked, but like you said, they can get kinda pricey. How much did yours cost if I may ask?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Hello fellow ethnic-drum slut! Waterphone is on my "one of these days when I have too much money" lists because they sound so wicked, but like you said, they can get kinda pricey. How much did yours cost if I may ask?
like $300..

https://www.amazon.com/Horror-Instru...a-568631758776
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
The reviews on that one are EXCELLENT.
Old 2nd December 2019
Deleted 13e7993
Yep that's the one. I have no idea how this will turn out.
Old 2nd December 2019
I feel dirty...I bought a boutique

need one more portable, maybe a reface
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
need one more portable, maybe a reface
Everybody needs a Reface DX. That sucker is fuuuuuun!
Old 3rd December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Does anyone else have trouble with this not charging properly? I keep it plugged in, but the charge never gets more than halfway up. I think I might have got a dud.

Old 3rd December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Found a demo Erica Synths Black Hole DSP2 demo on Sweetwater with a price reduction and 36 month financing, and couldn’t help myself. Whoa...I have some other choice FX in eurorack already, but the quality of the effects here is stellar, arguably up there with Eventide and Strymon. I got it in today, and the only problem is that the “Stalker” reverb is so damn good that I want to put it on everything.

Also got a Red Panda Particle v2 pedal today. Holy hell is this thing cool, much better than I’d thought from the online vids (and I’ve been lusting for it since the first version was released). The closest thing I have to it is Mutable Instruments Clouds, but it’s a totally different kind of beast capable of much different directions than Clouds. I need to box it up because it’s my Xmas gift from my mother, but she suggested I at least check it out since it’s electronic and would have a limited return period. Can’t wait to mangle all the things through this.
Old 3rd December 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years

To isolate myself from the world

/poetic
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
i still can't get over how beautiful/perfect that design is (the TR-08 as well). i wish the SH-01A and TR-09 were as "refined" as these, without all the dead space on the left side.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Got a Red Panda Particle v2 pedal today... it’s my Xmas gift from my mother.
Your Ma rocks!

The Particle is a ridiculous invention - in fact the only problem you'll have with it is knowing when to stop tweaking!

You nail a crazy good sound with it but then there's always that nagging doubt 'What if I turn that knob to see what happens?' - and unlike an analog synth though where results are somewhat predictable, with the Particle there seem to be 100s of different settings within each parameter and they all produce something totally different, both from each other and from what you might expect.

The only other pedal I have with this sort of depth is the Meris Polymoon – which is another truly spectacular pedal – but I think the Particle wins out in terms of sheer diversity of sound palette and unpredictability.
Quote:
Everybody needs a Reface DX. That sucker is fuuuuuun!
I was thinking the cs first...then the dx...then the other two

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
i still can't get over how beautiful/perfect that design is (the TR-08 as well). i wish the SH-01A and TR-09 were as "refined" as these, without all the dead space on the left side.
Yeah those strips seemed pretty redundant...for its size its perfectly done
Old 3rd December 2019
Lives for gear

Oh yeah, I also got this classic to join my growing "Retro Digital Kit"... throw your hands in the air for the BOSS RSD-10 (ten ten ten ten ten ten......):

Here's what it will go with:

Roland U-220
Yamaha TX-7
Roland TR-626 (modded)
Kawai K1M (will be modded)

Still haven't decided on a Korg unit, and I'm looking at a few random other things, have a few spaces left in this 10U Case it's all in now.
Deleted 13e7993
Quote:
I was thinking the cs first...then the dx...then the other two

Yeah those strips seemed pretty redundant...for its size its perfectly done
All 4 are great, man. I can't recommend the Refaces enough. Perfect for pedal fun, too.
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

Cyber Monday to the H9 Max baby!

Plugins: I couldn’t resist...

Oeksound - Soothe and Spiff
Soundtheory - Gullfoss
Plogue - Chipsounds, Chipspeech, Chipcrusher
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sample Robot 6.5 Pro so I can make stuff for my prophet x
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
a little follow-up, got the new DFAM, Volante and Nemesis online now in my living room set-up, as my main studio room is full to the gills currently.

the Volante....wow, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT good.
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-livingroomstudio1.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-livingroomstudio2.jpg   December 2019 New Gear Thread-livingroomstudio3.jpg  
Old 4th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus000 View Post
a little follow-up, got the new DFAM, Volante and Nemesis online now in my living room set-up, as my main studio room is full to the gills currently.

the Volante....wow, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT good.
Very cool. What's that you're mixing into?
Old 4th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Very cool. What's that you're mixing into?

I have a few little mixers there going into a Korg D3200, and some of the gear going straight in. JD-990 into the Volante currently, Erebus 2 into the Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis, V-Synth going into the Eventide Space, also there is a Prophet X, VC-340, 2x JV-880, Alesis S4+, Roland U220 and R8m, Dreadbox Nyx 2, Pearl Syncussion, D-70, MMT-8, Kawai R-50e, Dr550...getting kind of nutty in there lately
📝 Reply