The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
December 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Mask View Post

The Polara + Obscura combo seems to be recommended a lot too, so I'll definitely be looking into that one.
excellent pair, i have them, smiles all round with them
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Been craving a semi-hollowbody lately and just stumbled on this. So yeah, I have the signature guitar... of THE BANGLES!!!

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Been craving a semi-hollowbody lately and just stumbled on this. So yeah, I have the signature guitar... of THE BANGLES!!!

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I dig it. I mean if you remove the pickguard and do a little paint job you could basically make it like the poor man’s Porl Thompson Schecter sig...
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Woohoo, cheap mixer! More flavor (hopefully)!
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Giggity giggity goo!
The music may be dated but she's timeless.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
Giggity giggity goo!
The music may be dated but she's timeless.
Like a good Bourbon, she's aged well, too.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

My new laptop
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-uno-drum.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Like a good Bourbon, she's aged well, too.
Indeed.
Every gurl I dated in middle school looked as close to her as I could find. Until Return of the Living Dead. After that I met Glenda and she was close enough to her....
December 2019 New Gear Thread-2f320ad73bbabad03f3077322b79da91-i-zombie-horror-art.jpg

And Glenda didn't just rock the look, she was a wild one!
Attached Thumbnails
December 2019 New Gear Thread-2f320ad73bbabad03f3077322b79da91-i-zombie-horror-art.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
So yeah, I have the signature guitar... of THE BANGLES!!!
Still smokin' . . .

Old 1 day ago

And Skin will haunt my dreams forever....
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Michigan Synth Works 16n: I’d been thinking about this controller for my Orthogonal Devices ER-301, and the proposed I2C integration with the NerdSEQ just made it too tempting as their Black Friday pricing still applied.
A quick follow up: got in the 16n last night, and while I only had an hour or so to play with it using the CV outputs, it definitely makes for a perfect pairing for controlling the ER-301. If you’ve considered getting one of these already built, I can definitely vouch for the Michigan Synth Works version, as the build is excellent and very sturdy.

The main reason I’m bringing this up tho is because I was going nuts trying to figure out how I was going to build a TRS to I2C cable with my total lack of knowledge or soldering skills, and it turns out that MSW sells one hidden away on their website: https://michigansynthworks.com/produ...c6c1806c&_ss=r
I sent them a note suggesting it be linked to the product page or as a separate listing bundled with the 16n since my late discovery meant I’d have to place a new order and pay shipping on it, and they sent me a code to waive the shipping, so now I’ve ordered that too.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
For tonight's edition of Unsexy Gear Purchases:

I picked up another Keyboard Stand (2-tier) today.

(this is my excited face)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
Is that so bad?
I mean, no it isn’t. I have kind of a ridiculous obsession with this song:

Those drums wouldn't have been out of place on any Wax Trax records from the same era. Still, even if I can appreciate that music, it’s not what I’m usually going for in my own work. Also not trying to slag the Kawai K4(R), I just haven’t found it to be right for me..was hoping it would be as equally weird as it’s brother the XD-5, but it hasn’t gone there for me. So it goes.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:

Those drums wouldn't have been out of place on any Wax Trax records from the same era. Still, even if I can appreciate that music, it’s not what I’m usually going for in my own work. Also not trying to slag the Kawai K4(R), I just haven’t found it to be right for me..was hoping it would be as equally weird as it’s brother the XD-5, but it hasn’t gone there for me. So it goes.
Seriously she nearly belonged on WaxTrax in those days. I can see where that sound isn't for everyone. For what I do it's sublime, putting the XD-5 through an Alesis Microlimiter is an exercise in absolute laziness. Don't need to do anything else.
I understand, your not slagging anyone, I was just messing with you. That sound isn't everyone's cup of tea. And it takes alot of work to make it not sound like 1989 because it's baked into the samples.
I totally get it.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Back during a simpler time, when some yahoo banging on the bottom of a ketchup bottle had prominent screen time in a Janet Jackson video.
Old 13 hours ago
Gear Guru

I haven't heard that Janet Jackson song in a couple decades. I didn't realize it was that slammin'! Makes me wanna grab an XD-5 and a K4R.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

I received the Hydrasynth yesterday

Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear
Oh that's a dirty, dirty tease of a cliffhanger. ^
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Guru

My Soundcraft Folio purchase fell through (they lost the power supply), so I got this in its stead:

At least I love me some Roland preamps, so this'll get me just the dirt I've been looking for.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search