The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
just one single synth (mono)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

The Korg Synthe bass is one of those lost synths that should have been high on Korgs radar for reissue.. they have such a cool back catalogue of legacy instruments but like Roland they seem to be doggedly resisting making reissues of them all for whatever reasons...?
Old 1 week ago
Kja
Lives for gear
The voltage lab is all analog, Pittsburgh only does analog and they are very good about repairability, their stuff is smt but they are not shy about soldering stuff for you... They offered me they can switch out a resistor on the function generators to make them go faster so you can use them as a oscillator.. real A+ company that they really care about their stuff and how much you like it...
I wouldn't say having a thru hole synth is easier to repair, is just more expensive to make them, but not crazy expensive.. lots of companies still using thru hole.. analog solutions, studio electronics, and Soma are just the affordable brands that are through hole and in your budget.. but there are very expensive synths that are not thru hole... It is the future!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
some things are routed with the buttons.
I am more concerned about precise tuning of the oscillators
I dont expect too many different routings to be useful for me
From the manual (and talking to the designer at Superbooth ) "The Voltage Lab module is not pre-patched. There is no predefined signal path scientifically determined by Richard or Michael to be the best, most musical route". It's not a semi-modular, i was interested until I realised it wasn't.

It's pretty much impossible to recommend something, as what you'll want to keep for 20 years is something that speaks to you alone, only you can know that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yes I know. I am trying to sell my gear now anyways, I need the space.
But probably won't by the Lab.
Probably will keep the BS as a single synth and focus on other stuff.
Until I know what I want.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search