The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help needed with workflow/setup (Octatrack)
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Help needed with workflow/setup (Octatrack)

https://imgur.com/a/lTaXhBx

Hi,

I recently sold a bit of my gear and want to buy an Octatrack for christmas. However, I need a little input on how to integrate it into my setup, if there is anything I haven't thought about and cool things to try with the Octa when it is set up like this. Music I do: Dubby/deep Techno. Gear I have: Everything in the picture (see link above) except the Octa.

How I imagine to use the Octa: Start sequencing all my other synths (and try to sequence softsynths), using Ableton as a mixer, Maschine as a drum machine and OT as Master clock with a midi through box. When I have a couple of good patterns, start bouncing them over as audio to the Octa and then mangle them like crazy and record the performance with Ableton. Lastly, record to Ableton as stems and mix them together with the original material recorded with the synths. What do you think about doing it like that?

My questions:

Would it be more beneficial to plug the audio outs of my synths into the Octa instead of my interface/Ableton? I imagine I would get more control/editing options going with the Ableton route?

How big is the difference between Octatrack and Digitakt in terms of sample mangling? I have been looking at the Octatrack because it is supposedly the best for creating really crazy stuff and I'm not really satisfied with Maschine in that department (though I love it as a drum machine and traditional one-shot sampler).

Thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search