The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Monopoly
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramse ➡️
Noone needs the extra octave anyway. There are readymade MIDI chord progression sets you can load into your DAW to take care of any harmonies. So you can just noodle.
You need a Chinese knockoff melody? I got you.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramse ➡️
Indeed. Didn't the KLF write an essay on how to produce a hit song in one month? From what I can recall, it was pretty much steal a bassline from some old funk record and then hire a synth programmer and a singer to make a "new" tune on top of it.
But they run out of funk basslines in 1990x.
Gear Addict

So grateful for this lineup of classic clones, these time machines. As someone who is very pessimistic about the present and future, and tries to live in the past whenever possible, this appeals tremendously.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
anyone recognizing latency when using the Trigger in to sync the Arp?
around 20ms...
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomaBot ➡️
around 20ms...
This is identical to the Poly D; 20ms of trigger to note latency. It's the micro-controller they use for trigger processing, MIDI, power up, etc..

They certainly did the same thing with lots of their remakes.

I send the Poly a clock, and use the it's V-trigger output to clock the rest of the synchronous events instead. Otherwise, envelope timing is hopeless.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Are any Monopolys showing up in USA stores yet?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlson ➡️
Are any Monopolys showing up in USA stores yet?
Couple months out still. I've been waiting for a final Behringer 921 VCO for a couple months. Slow.... delivery....

The 960 Sequencer still hasn't hit the shores either. I bought two from Thomann - they wouldn't ship a MonoPoly to the US.
Lives for gear

Oh dear. Here we go again..
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
Oh dear. Here we go again..
The pipeline here is a bit empty compared to .EU

You guys have all the fun first.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
around 20ms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➡️
This is identical to the Poly D; 20ms of trigger to note latency. It's the micro-controller they use for trigger processing, MIDI, power up, etc..

They certainly did the same thing with lots of their remakes.

I send the Poly a clock, and use the it's V-trigger output to clock the rest of the synchronous events instead. Otherwise, envelope timing is hopeless.
Did you contact MusicTribe?
i did it, and will also mention the poly d

I dont think it´s a Hardware issue. I actually didn´t recognise it when not in "Arp" Mode.
Also the Arp on MS-101, for example, isn´t that late.

So I hope for a simple firmware bug.

maybe @ Jamie munro can give them a hint, too
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Did you contact MusicTribe?
i did it, and will also mention the poly d

I dont think it´s a Hardware issue. I actually didn´t recognise it when not in "Arp" Mode.
Also the Arp on MS-101, for example, isn´t that late.

So I hope for a simple firmware bug.

maybe @ Jamie munro can give them a hint, too
No, I use the Poly D trigger as a zero latency clock. That's how you deal with clocking, not try to eliminate it.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➡️
No, I use the Poly D trigger as a zero latency clock. That's how you deal with clocking, not try to eliminate it.
I´ve got a Multiclock.
But it should work without that.

I have heard about some gear that is syncing without an external clock...
Gear Nut

Quote:
I´ve got a Multiclock.
But it should work without that.

I have heard about some gear that is syncing without an external clock...
My korg Monopoly has the same issue:

http://alienatedsynthesist.blogspot....r-trigger.html
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Yes the OG Korg arp trigger has a serious delay on it. Super annoying.
Old 2 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Mine has shipped!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guys, how do u set up midi channel??
Thanks!
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Guys, how do u set up midi channel??
Thanks!
You need the synthtool software.
Old 1 day ago
vlz
Lives for gear

My plan was for to wait for the stocks to settle and then get this. I thought it would be the Summer before that happened. But stocks seem to be settled now, much quicker that I anticipated. I am wondering whether the MonoPoly didn't sell all that well. Compared to the PolyD, it seems to be available more quickly, specially considering the pandemic disruption.

Is this a sign of market saturation?
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

I reckon people have spent their covid cheques / lay-off pay. Or they are unemployed..

Or, on a brighter note, they might all be zombies and it's just us left.

Or maybe the Monopoly looks less like a Moog and is therefore less desirable?

Or maybe they just got their factory to make a shed-load of them to meet pre-orders..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
After Behringer nailed the Minimoog, Odyssey, VC340 and Pro One (so I’m told) I’m beginning to worry they’ve turned to creating modern sounding approximations instead of convincing clones. The sound examples for this one just haven’t convinced me. Does it sound good for what it is? Sure. But is that enough to get me excite to buy this with “Monopoly” stamped across it? Not quite.

The Poly D also turned me off. I bought it hoping it would replace my Model D Boog but the change in gain staging really sucked out the character that I love about Moogs. Sold the Poly D and hung on to the Model D.

Seems like a similar story with the 2600. Impressive for the price, but it doesn’t sound like a 2600. I still have one preordered to try it in person anyway. We’ll see how that goes. Really hope Behringer has some more successes like the first few though. I’m especially hoping the forthcoming Solina module nails it. That’s the one I’m currently most excited about.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
having sold my Mono/Poly two decades ago to OldGearGuy, i have to ask why people seem to really want this synth. seriously, clue me in, it's been a long time since i played one and well, i sold it for a reason.

no snark, i thought everyone wanted a euro rack modular and an eventide space reverb.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky909 ➡️
having sold my Mono/Poly two decades ago to OldGearGuy, i have to ask why people seem to really want this synth. seriously, clue me in, it's been a long time since i played one and well, i sold it for a reason.

no snark, i thought everyone wanted a euro rack modular and an eventide space reverb.
It’s a quirky experimental machine with a cool tone and I do like the resonance of the filter a lot. I get why people would want an original. Can’t say this clone is quite doing it for me based on the samples so far though.

Euro rack with eventide reverb can be cool, but that’s not the sound everyone is going for. I prefer keys.
Old 1 day ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Well, I find the Poly D just great and I am expecting the same for the MonoPoly. That'll probably do me as far as monosynths are concerned.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
My plan was for to wait for the stocks to settle and then get this. I thought it would be the Summer before that happened. But stocks seem to be settled now, much quicker that I anticipated. I am wondering whether the MonoPoly didn't sell all that well. Compared to the PolyD, it seems to be available more quickly, specially considering the pandemic disruption.

Is this a sign of market saturation?
Maybe overseas but in the US it isn't in stock anywhere. Was excited for this thing but it has taken so long to show up that I'm not paying as much attention to it as I was last year.
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Kebu's take.

Old 53 minutes ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Can someone with a Behr Monopoly verify this for me: When you turn on effects does the voicing mode revert to mono?

This is the behavior of the original Mono/Poly but it's also one of the things I've modded my original to NOT do because it's a really annoying quirk. It's a simple mod that involves simply cutting a trace, so some Behringer owners may want to consider it -- depending if it's feasible with SMT. There's a chance the mod may not work if it's a function that depends on the original Intel 8049 microcontroller and I suspect Behringer may have rolled their own take on the digital control aspects of Korg's original.
📝 Reply