The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Choose my first Synth
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Choose my first Synth

Hi there,

I am new on this forum and this website looks stunning for new peoples introducing to music like me

I have a korg electribe 2 from where I start to understand and learn all the basics things about music production but after one year now at this stage I feel a bit stuck as this machine seems to me a bit limited when I work on the bass line.

It has plenty of sounds and different shapes of waves but it's very difficult to change notes or create a proper elaborated base line in general, so I tough this would be the right time to buy my first Synth.

I was pretty attracted from the Volca series as they seems to be good machines money wise.

Would you please explain me the difference between the Korg Nubass and the Volcabass please?

Do you think this could be the right choice for my first Synth?

If this could help I like to produce any kind of techno, from early 90s to more recent stuff.

Thanks a lot
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What's your budget (assuming modest since you're getting started)? Are you looking for, or wanting, a monophonic synth or polyphonic? Analog or digital? There's quite a few options out there now for ~$500 USD or less.

EDIT: Also, you can always look for something used in good condition on reverb or such, if you're willing to have a little more risk but make the most of your money.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi and welcome.

If you want it to sound great, be cheap and not be software: Behringer Model D, Behringer Neutron (or both for increased range of sounds).

Or you can first explore the world of freeware software (which is perfectly capable of "techno, from early 90s to more recent stuff.") and then armed with that new knowledge and experience be able to decide for yourself on any payware solutions software or hardware.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

For something not really acid, but more versatile: I couldn't help but notice that the Novation Circuit Mono Station has been blown out for $249 in some places. I see Reverb still has that deal. I suspect that's as low as it will go new. I picked one up when it was still over $300. I bought the Volca Bass when it was on sale too. There's no need to pay full retail.

There are enough videos to give you a better idea than I could of the sound and flow of each. It was videos that turned me away from the Volca Nubass. Something in the sound just rubs me the wrong way. Other people seem to love it, so you really need to hear for yourself. I don't have an Electribe, so I don't have an opinion of which would complement it best.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search