The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Watchmen Soundtrack
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Watchmen Soundtrack

Anyone else loving the new Watchmen soundtrack, with original music from Reznor/Ross?

It's fantastic, and also amazingly curated in terms of non-original stuff.

If I recall, Reznor put together the Natural Born Killers soundtrack as well as inputting his own original material.

Very atmospheric indeed and if you've not checked it out yet, the series is also bloody great.

Obviously not faithful to the original as it's a sequel, but really faithful to the themes, characters and general feel.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This is that TV miniseries about a gang of Rolex addicts who band together to commit robberies to support their habit???
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m liking this show all around waaay more than I thought I would.
Old 2 weeks ago
Im a fan of the graphic novel but I wasnt expecting this storyline...very different and good because of it
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Loving the show and the music is excellent. Gives the entire show a unique feel. Love what Reznor/Ross are doing with these scores.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I remember hearing Leonard Cohen's 'First we take Manhatten' on the credits of the original Watchmen and drooling over the 1st bit with the slap bass and dreamy synth part.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Im a fan of the graphic novel but I wasnt expecting this storyline...very different and good because of it
I love the original comic books.

I don't think they could have done this series any better. Its absolutely riveting.

Captures the original spirit.

Some of the tracks chosen for it are perfect, but the original score is brilliant.

Nice dirty techno in places.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Its ****ing brilliant all round (music and show) isn't it. Really got me inspired in the studio.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
Nice dirty techno in places.
That was the part that surprised me the most - some really brilliant stuff you don't normally hear in their scores.

Amazing study material for sound design and mixing too!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

still a fan of the movie.have seen the "ultimate cut" 3 or 4 times. the new series is even better. top to bottom great everything. the score is excellent. so good in every way. nice balance of original stuff and needle drop tracks. the music director is on the ball and has excellent taste.

really a great series.
Old 2 weeks ago
Really love the original score parts, helps that the series itself is very well done all around. The non-original tracks seem sometimes a bit too on the nose but even those are mostly good choices. Just caught up with the last 2 episodes tonight.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Enjoy the show. Regina King is always good, going back to Friday, or even Boyz in the Hood. Music is great. Never seen the movie, but plan to check it out.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
i like that Devo still exists in this alternate timeline..
Old 2 weeks ago
The crazy thing was Id heard about the 1921 Tulsa race "riots" before, but didnt know they actually did use a plane! they never dropped bombs but were actually shooting black Americans from the air, I thought it was just part of this alternate timeline too...nucking futs
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

ok, I watched about 20 min of first episode and got confused and not gripped by the story. But you all saying it is actually a worth ? I may try again then.
I hope it isn't like the new starwars mandalorian where everyone rave how amazing the story and everything is and I was bored to death by this 30 min walking simulator with a one page script.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I had no idea about the Tulsa incident, either. It was abhorrent and utterly horrific. Shocking to the core.

The initial couple of episodes, though entertaining, are somewhat jarring, so if you've any history with the comics, I'd definitely brush up on the history of the Minutemen/Watchmen.

But then the most suddenly clears and it all ties together in some wonderful ways.

And fundamentally, it's just entertaining viewing. Very visually stimulating.

Personally, I'm loving the Mandalorian as well.
Old 1 week ago
Yup Im up to date on both and theyre great...breaking bad took half a season to grab my attention too...you just need everything fleshed out
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search