The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
88-key controller with aftertouch and split zones
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

88-key controller with aftertouch and split zones

Hello,

I am looking for an 88-key MIDI controller with aftertouch (polyphonic would be better), and at least two split zones, but more split zones would be better.

My findings so far stopped at NI Komplete Kontrol 88 MK2 and Arturia Key Lab MKII.
The first most important question about these is: does NI's controller really have 16 split zones, as different places say different things, and how easy it is to set up them? Same for Arturia's controller - how many zones? My understanding is that the MKII has two split zones, but do they work with MIDI outside of Analoglab?

Besides those two most important features what I like about Komplete Kontrol are the lights, which show you the zones splits, while for Key Lab I like that it has also sliders and pads, and its design is more appealing to my taste.

I have also some concerns about Arturia's quality control reputation, as well as NI's last financial figures, and possible future lack of support (hope they survive though as one of the pioneers of software instruments with some really good products).

Any other suggestions with aftertouch, and at least two split zones are welcome as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search