Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedSignals View Post
The only real right answer is: more speakers
^^^+1
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
This is about the worst speaker placement I’ve seen this century.
But that isn’t the topic here.
Speaker tops are the only flat surfaces in my studio that don’t have anything on them. Entirely an unconscious choice.
Nah it’s ok. The studio owner is a member of that low-hangy stretched ear tribe.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

What’s on top of my speakers?

Regret, anxiety and the long forgotten dreams of “making it” as a musician.

You know, the usual.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
Regret, anxiety and the long forgotten dreams of “making it” as a musician.

You know, the usual.
“External success — success that is sought because other people can perceive it — is a dark and winding path of putting our whole lives into something that never does fill the gaping, heavy hole that sent us running away from ourselves to begin with.

Despite the endless feed of overdoses and tragedies, we remain a culture that is, for the most part, decidedly unaware. If you asked someone, in theory, does money and fame mean happiness? They’d probably say no, because they think that’s the right answer. And yet. But still. It’s easier and more instantly gratifying to keep seeking the external. It’s common, it’s normal, it’s expected, it doesn’t require much by the way of fiercely letting your own light refract into the untouched darkness of others’.” - Brianna Wiest
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
“External success — success that is sought because other people can perceive it — is a dark and winding path of putting our whole lives into something that never does fill the gaping, heavy hole that sent us running away from ourselves to begin with.

Despite the endless feed of overdoses and tragedies, we remain a culture that is, for the most part, decidedly unaware. If you asked someone, in theory, does money and fame mean happiness? They’d probably say no, because they think that’s the right answer. And yet. But still. It’s easier and more instantly gratifying to keep seeking the external. It’s common, it’s normal, it’s expected, it doesn’t require much by the way of fiercely letting your own light refract into the untouched darkness of others’.” - Brianna Wiest
I've learned happiness comes from within, for many years I thought material possessions would make me happy. Sure maybe for a couple of weeks or a month(depending on how much I wanted it and its cost)I'd be happier, but it never failed I went right back to being deeply depressed. Then I thought being with someone or having a cool career would make me happy, nope that didn't help either. You know what finally made me happy? Being myself and not caring what others might think.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Nah it’s ok. The studio owner is a member of that low-hangy stretched ear tribe.
When I read “...low-hangy stretched...” I did not correctly anticipate your landing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post

Which Nikon film body is that?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomjab View Post
Which Nikon film body is that?
It's a Nikon FM2 with an MD-12 auto-winder attached. Built like a tank. Had it since like 1982.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiPeg View Post
Star Wars space ships is the only choice here.
I actually just moved a Slave 1 (Jango version) and a snowspeeder off my monitors the other day hah. They had to go cause I found my Mothra figures. Now each monitor is guarded by the defender of the Earth!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search