The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton authorisations..?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Ableton authorisations..?

Is there some trick or rule to getting another authorisation for Ableton..?

I bought Ableton live 10 suite last year and have barely used it, unlocked it on my main home computer macpro and on my work laptop a macbook air only. The macbook air is getting factory reset & going to my adopted nephew for his high school next year, I've got a new macbook pro for work and simply want to transfer the licence from that old macbook air to the new macbook pro. I went into my account and downloaded Ableton on my new macbook pro and it won't let me authorize, says i've used them up, I've sent off reasons why i should get another authorisation but they don't reply, so frustrating tbh.

Why can't they just let you put it on any computer once you've bought a licence like they do with Reason, with Reason as long as you authorize through your account every session it's fine, I've barely used Ableton but now I can on the new macbook pro I want to use it but can't.

any tips or anything, i've stated my case to them but no one replies.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Can you open up Live on the old computer and de-authorize?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Can you open up Live on the old computer and de-authorize?
there is no such thing as de authorise with Ableton, it's not like Apple with amount of computers using product. You have to ask for more authorisations with Ableton but they don't reply.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #4
I have mine authorised on countless computers, never had it tell me I couldnt...currently its on two macs, a pc, a laptop, and a tablet at home, never even knew it had limits.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5
just read this

Quote:
3 Can I Authorize Live More than Once? The standard Live license allows you to use Live on only one computer at a time. However, the Ableton server will provide you with two authorizations in good faith that you will use Live on only one machine at a time.

geez dont tell them about me, there must be a glitch in my authorisations
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6
Lives for gear
 
shreddoggie's Avatar
Ableton support are quite near perfect.
They are excellent people with wonderful, courteous and prompt service (unless something has changed recently).
I cannot speak too highly of them nor of the company they represent.
I would simply constant them and explain exactly what is happening and what you need.
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't take care of it to your satisfaction and more pretty much immediately.

Ableton are #1 in my book.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #7
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
I have written them a nice message explaining what I want to do, I'm not trying to rip anyone off or do anything dodgy, hell I haven't even barely used the software and paid near $900 for it, all I want is to use it on my new macbook pro. I've tried different browsers also to no effect, it keeps saying you have run out of authorisations..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 
shreddoggie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I have written them a nice message explaining what I want to do, I'm not trying to rip anyone off or do anything dodgy, hell I haven't even barely used the software and paid near $900 for it, all I want is to use it on my new macbook pro. I've tried different browsers also to no effect, it keeps saying you have run out of authorisations..
... and they haven't replied? That is curious since it is so opposite to my experience. IIRC I needed to log in to the site where it saw my registered user stuff and then I sent a message on their internal system. If that is not your method of contact it could be the difference.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I have written them a nice message explaining what I want to do, I'm not trying to rip anyone off or do anything dodgy, hell I haven't even barely used the software and paid near $900 for it, all I want is to use it on my new macbook pro. I've tried different browsers also to no effect, it keeps saying you have run out of authorisations..
Its the weekend. Give them a little time but I am quite sure you will hear back from them in the next 12-24 hours
Old 2 weeks ago
  #10
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
... and they haven't replied? That is curious since it is so opposite to my experience. IIRC I needed to log in to the site where it saw my registered user stuff and then I sent a message on their internal system. If that is not your method of contact it could be the difference.
yes I'm sending messages using my account, it's been utterly frivolous, no replies whatsoever. I've just sent another one now as Live won't boot at all on my main mac pro, it hangs on boot and generates some weird error message..ffs I can't use it on any computer I have now and I've paid for this..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
shreddoggie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
yes I'm sending messages using my account, it's been utterly frivolous, no replies whatsoever. I've just sent another one now as Live won't boot at all on my main mac pro, it hangs on boot and generates some weird error message..ffs I can't use it on any computer I have now and I've paid for this..
Ugh dude - I am sorry to hear that. I agree it may be the weekend cos as I said previously, they have been absolutely tops in all my dealings with the, Hope you get it sorted.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 

I’ve also had excellent service from them, and cannot imagine they won’t get everything taken care of. It’s the weekend, they operate on regular business hours.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
yes I'm sending messages using my account, it's been utterly frivolous, no replies whatsoever. I've just sent another one now as Live won't boot at all on my main mac pro, it hangs on boot and generates some weird error message..ffs I can't use it on any computer I have now and I've paid for this..
You millenials expecting your paid for software to work
Old 2 weeks ago
  #14
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Well to be fair I did send the first message on Friday but might have been late, I would think software support is 24hrs..? so many other things these days you can anyone anytime.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Well to be fair I did send the first message on Friday but might have been late, I would think software support is 24hrs..? so many other things these days you can anyone anytime.
I would try giving them a call. That’s what I usually do, I’ve always gotten an answer.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #16
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
I will wait another 24 hrs before I try calling.. surely someone will reach out now I've made two lengthy support requests..?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Ableton is based in Berlin, as is their customer support. The employment laws in Germany are very strict, and people rarely work evening hours or weekends (outside of hospitality and retail).

I would expect you to hear back from them early Monday Central European Time.

Can’t remember where you are based, but shouldn’t be too much longer.

(PS: I went through the same thing with authorizations and it was no big deal - I think I was just lucky enough to ask on a weekday)
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I will wait another 24 hrs before I try calling.. surely someone will reach out now I've made two lengthy support requests..?
Yes, someone will reach out. I am curious, you got Ableton and barely used it for over a year and now desperately must have it right now. Why?

You will get sorted, I can assure you of that. Ableton support is top notch.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #19
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Yes, someone will reach out. I am curious, you got Ableton and barely used it for over a year and now desperately must have it right now. Why?

You will get sorted, I can assure you of that. Ableton support is top notch.
Because I'm a Reason user primarily but wanted to have Ableton on my laptop so I could work on ideas at work etc, but that macbook air was so slow i couldn't run a single UHe VST plug inside Ableton so didn't use it. I've now got a new macbook pro and can finally use it properly with all the plug ins and want to use it. I've already stated all this earlier. I've had so many silly software problems lately, like now Sylenth won't run inside Reason on this macbook pro but runs fine inside Ableton...but I can't save cause no authorisations...ugh and now Ableton won't open at all on my macpro at home for no reason I can work out, fresh installs the lot.

software is a headache no wonder people love hardware..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #20
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Because I'm a Reason user primarily but wanted to have Ableton on my laptop so I could work on ideas at work etc, but that macbook air was so slow i couldn't run a single UHe VST plug inside Ableton so didn't use it. I've now got a new macbook pro and can finally use it properly with all the plug ins and want to use it. I've already stated all this earlier. I've had so many silly software problems lately, like now Sylenth won't run inside Reason on this macbook pro but runs fine inside Ableton...but I can't save cause no authorisations...ugh and now Ableton won't open at all on my macpro at home for no reason I can work out, fresh installs the lot.

software is a headache no wonder people love hardware..
Just have a little patience. Hardware requires a lot more of that, quite honestly. Let people have their weekend like you most likely did. They will get back to you. I understand why you want ableton, i am simply not sure why you are being so impatient about it when you had it for a year and didnt use it. Whats another 12 hours?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #21
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Just have a little patience. Hardware requires a lot more of that, quite honestly. Let people have their weekend like you most likely did. They will get back to you. I understand why you want ableton, i am simply not sure why you are being so impatient about it when you had it for a year and didnt use it. Whats another 12 hours?
Well I wanted it on the weekend just gone as that was my time off, so that's wasted now and I'm back at work, and others have said they have multiple authorisations, read back what people have said, I've read many times that people have multiple authorisations, I have one authorisation that works and it's on a laptop that is going to a kid for high school. I first sent my request on Friday and it's now Tuesday morning in Australia, I'm being patient I have no choice.

I much prefer how other software is when you buy the product you can use it on any computer you have at anytime as long as you let the software log into your account, this has been awesome for using Reason.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #22
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Well I wanted it on the weekend just gone as that was my time off, so that's wasted now and I'm back at work, and others have said they have multiple authorisations, read back what people have said, I've read many times that people have multiple authorisations, I have one authorisation that works and it's on a laptop that is going to a kid for high school. I first sent my request on Friday and it's now Tuesday morning in Australia, I'm being patient I have no choice.

I much prefer how other software is when you buy the product you can use it on any computer you have at anytime as long as you let the software log into your account, this has been awesome for using Reason.
Yeah i get it but there are pros and cons to both. Not everyone wants that type of verification. Either way let us know when you get sorted today.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #23
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
They got in touch and sent me another authorisation, it worked and so I'm stoked I can now use Ableton on a proper laptop.

kudos they came through..

mods can delete, move or leave up for others who may come across this in future when searching the forums.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Sebastian N's Avatar
 

yeah, ableton are pretty cool with this. i also had it running on a few machines at some point. mostly i was just installing it in studios where i had projects going on. at some point i ran out of authorizations. told i got a new machine, sent me a new license, everything cool. this was for live 9. can't tell if they changed it on v10. maybe they cut down the activations. but they always responded quickly. great support always. but work laws are respected and you have normal business hours.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump