The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neutron vs Pro 1/MS1
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Neutron vs Pro 1/MS1

Currently I'm thinking about buying one more Behringer Synth. I already have a Model D.

I don't want to buy too many mono synths. In the past I had a SH-2 and loved it's sound (especially the high end and the sweet sounding modulation). Since all three synths (Neutron/Pro1/MS-1) are Curtis based. Now I'm asking myself, can a Neutron do the same sounds as a Pro 1 or a MS-1 in general?

I don't want it for bass (here DX-7 FM Bass is what I like), but for sweet sounding lead and arpeggio sounds.

Here the Neutron sounds quite beautiful. And here is an example of the beautiful SH2/SH-09 sound.

So which synth to buy?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
What would you say are the strengths and weaknesses of Neutron and Pro 1. Ok, they are different, but which is better for which kind of sounds?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Is there really noone who can describe the differences in sound of the two Neutron/Pro1? Most demos only show bass sounds and wired stuff, but no nice singing lead sounds.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

The Pro 1 has an arp and sequencer also. Neutron has more patch points.

I don’t think the Pro 1 is widely available yet so my opinion is based on having owned a real Pro One at one point. I would/probably will eventually get the Pro 1. I just like that sound, especially on bass...i know that’s not what you want to know, but that’s one of its strengths.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search