The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM 2020 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

To be this good takes AGEM
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unease View Post
The sharp fold line you see is not really a fold line is it? I think it is just another colour on the actual control surface, you're seeing the limit between two different colours/coatings.

Really nice to see the hinges!
Was the end of a long day. Today we see it in its full glory... Simply WOW...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post
SEXY...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
This new Pro 3 looks stunning …
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
I know at least one slut that will be very happy...

Did I just post that on the Internet...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
This new Pro 3 looks stunning …
With a Prophet filter, a Moogy filter, and a SEM-like filter, I think the Pro 3 just took any air out of a Subsequent 25 launch (unless it ends up in the Sub Phatty price range)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiedotwtf View Post
With a Prophet filter, a Moogy filter, and a SEM-like filter, I think the Pro 3 just took any air out of a Subsequent 25 launch (unless it ends up in the Sub Phatty price range)
I can't wait to hear it...

Moogy filter addition makes it one big sound chameleon...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
SEXY...
I think I'm about to save up for my next synthesizer...
It looks stunning, but the sound is still a mystery, so I wait for that
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Holy Sega Genesis Batman! That looks and sounds pretty awesome! Cheers!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermass View Post
Holy Sega Genesis Batman! That looks and sounds pretty awesome! Cheers!
Was interested until they mentioned only 6 voices are stereo, not 12 :/

If it were 6 op then i might have considered a worthy upgrade from my reface. The reface features more algorithms, keys and pitch bend controls for a cheaper price.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Looks interesting!
I like original ZOIA more though

Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post
Woah, wait. Does that screen say "SUPER SAW"?!!!!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep. buy it, and you’ll get rich in no time.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

is there a price yet for the pro 3?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I read 2000/1600 SE/standard, but not sure if it's dollars or donuts
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
pro 2 had one....
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
I read 2000/1600 SE/standard, but not sure if it's dollars or donuts
should have had just one

the hinged upright one and price pointed it at 1800
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetpupil View Post
Was interested until they mentioned only 6 voices are stereo, not 12 :/

If it were 6 op then i might have considered a worthy upgrade from my reface. The reface features more algorithms, keys and pitch bend controls for a cheaper price.
The architecture is limited by the 2612 chip they’ve used, 12 stereo voices would require 4 chips, and 6op wouldn’t be possible either way.

For me it looks like an ideal FM synth. Finally someone just took the chip from a mega drive. No emulation, no substitute. Can’t complain. Here hoping there’s a way to import mega drive sound presets, although if not it looks like you could just manually dial the patch in.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Pro 3 is very cool, but a solution to a problem I don't have. Except I do have the GAS problem.

I like looking at it. Anxious to hear it. As an owner of much sequential DSI stuff over the years, I feel like I already know what it sounds like...
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

They only things I really am looking for, whether real or imagined, would be something from Tom Oberheim. I need that creaminess.

...or some beat machine from Roger Linn. But he needs to partner up with someone to get that done because he moves at the pace of a snail.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Pro 3: Sure made me feel silly for buying the Matriarch...until I realized it doesn't have 4-note para or all of those patch points. Completely different thing.

MegaFM: Love the interface and wish I could get something like that for DX100.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
SEXY...
It does LOOK sexy, I'll give them that. In fact it'll probably be a lot more fun and sound better than my ex-Sub 37...

...I just can't help wishing they had put so much effort into a 61 key VCO poly with multiple filter options 8 voices and some new/old vintage style sauce. I've learned from past mistakes that I like my monos simple and fully analog, Paraphonic leaves me cold and digital oscs through analog filters on a *mono* is a solution to a problem I'll never have (edit> just read it has 2 real analog oscs.. if VCO? then well done it's a big step up!), I don't like that grating plastic tone from hybrids and they always sound piss-poor for bass vs real/full analogs.

and my polys can be as 'simple' as the OB-6 if they sound great (which it does) but we've wanted a proper super-poly from Sequential for a long time.

I'm not talking Moog One levels of overkill (and bad design), but something around the $4000 (£3000) mark with everything they've learned to make the ultimate modern analog poly on sound and operation (not kitchen sink features).

Either way, Congratz sequential it's definitely a cool synth for those that like that kind of thing. Nice new design too.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBDA1176 View Post
It does LOOK sexy, I'll give them that. In fact it'll probably be a lot more fun and sound better than my ex-Sub 37...

...I just can't help wishing they had put so much effort into a 61 key VCO poly with multiple filter options 8 voices and some new/old vintage style sauce. I've learned from past mistakes that I like my monos simple and fully analog, I do not like that grating plastic tone from hybrids, and my polys can be as 'simple' as the OB-6 if they sound great (which it does) but we've wanted a proper super-poly from Sequential for a long time. I'm not talking Moog One levels of overkill (and bad design), but something around the $4000 (£3000) mark with everything they've learned to make the ultimate modern analog poly on sound and operation (not kitchen sink features).

Either way, Congratz sequential it's definitely a cool synth for those that like that kind of thing. Nice new design too.
I wouldn't write off the chances of Sequential producing something else like that too this namm just yet.. I have no inside info on it , but it just seems very possible.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBDA1176 View Post

...I just can't help wishing they had put so much effort into a 61 key VCO poly with multiple filter options 8 voices and some new/old vintage style sauce. I've learned from past mistakes that I like my monos simple and fully analog, Paraphonic leaves me cold and digital oscs through analog filters on a *mono* is a solution to a problem I'll never have, I don't like that grating plastic tone from hybrids and they always sound piss-poor for bass vs real/full analogs.

and my polys can be as 'simple' as the OB-6 if they sound great (which it does) but we've wanted a proper super-poly from Sequential for a long time.

I'm not talking Moog One levels of overkill (and bad design), but something around the $4000 (£3000) mark with everything they've learned to make the ultimate modern analog poly on sound and operation (not kitchen sink features).

I would love to see a new revision of the prophet 12 which utilises fpga
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. View Post
I wouldn't write off the chances of Sequential producing something else like that too this namm just yet.. I have no inside info on it , but it just seems very possible.
Yeah, I'm a bit warmer to it now I've read it has REAL analog oscs as well as the digital thing (I assumed it was just a tarted up Pro2), so now we're talking, it should be a damn cool mono analog synth if that info is right.

It's still not for me just now but I wouldn't kick it out of bed!

What I'd love is the same design and overall concept in this in an accompanying poly analog (with an additional/totally optional digital osc if you must..), then perhaps this Pro 3 and the Prophet.. errr... (shii what numbers do they have left?) would be, at last, the 2 synths they should always have made from the start and would def have me gassing.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
this is pretty cool. i like the twisted electrons stuff quite a lot
Me too - I have their Crazy8 sequencer; I wish it were a bit more playable, but it is a nice sequencer.

I have been considering the AY3 they produce, this def looks interesting!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
is there a price yet for the pro 3?
Dave, deadpan looks @ the camera; 'the price is $4000."
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

faux vernier dials? VCX3?

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Seems to say "Rectangular Wave" underneath.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. View Post
Seems to say " rectangular wave " underneath.
Whew, that is good, wouldn't want a hexagonal wave anywhere....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search