The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM 2020 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Flashback to a past NAMM:

Wave Of The Future - NAMM 2005 (KARMA, Korg Oasys)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is it possible to add a D-Beam to an analog polysynth? Asking for your mom.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Is it possible to add a D-Beam to an analog polysynth? Asking for your mom.

Crossing such items could cause a breach in the time space continuum...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
you can add an Alesis AirFX for that..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Korg Volca Keys Star, now you’re the Star!

Seriously, though, if Korg produce a Korg Volca Sample giant with these keys to play chromatically and to activate deactivate notes, samples, tracks, patterns, and even songs on the fly, and with this UI, and some more sample memory, and 64 steps available per pattern…I could give even 3K for this.

Attached Thumbnails
NAMM 2020 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...-korg.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

^GAS
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Toys.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post

Seriously, though, if Korg produce a Korg Volca Sample giant with these keys to play chromatically and to activate deactivate notes, samples, tracks, patterns, and even songs on the fly, and with this UI, and some more sample memory, and 64 steps available per pattern…I could give even 3K for this.

Did you do the pic?

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

44 days to go...

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm honestly unmoved by the thought of NAMM 2020, at all. All the good stuff's already out, save maybe a Sequential new synth, or an official Quantum 2.0 update with new sound library, say.

None of the Japanese Big Three are likely to show anything new; the smaller American makers are still very much focused on chasing bugs and MIDI implementation on recently released instruments; the Europeans same.

There'll be a showing of the Osmose, Hydrasynth. No news there.

Maybe, just maybe, Arturia will announce a Minifreak; but they might be busy with V Collection 8, too.

So I put the snooze button on the MI biz until next Autumn, at the earliest. Well except for the Dave Smith Legendary Kazoo.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
I'm honestly unmoved by the thought of NAMM 2020, at all. All the good stuff's already out, save maybe a Sequential new synth, or an official Quantum 2.0 update with new sound library, say.

None of the Japanese Big Three are likely to show anything new; the smaller American makers are still very much focused on chasing bugs and MIDI implementation on recently released instruments; the Europeans same.

Maybe, just maybe, Arturia will announce a Minifreak; but they might be busy with V Collection 8, too.

So I put the snooze button on the MI biz until next Autumn, at the earliest. Well except for the Dave Smith Legendary Kazoo.
I need to post some motivational videos at some point. Those 70/80's leotard types...

I suspect September this year was the gear they really wanted ready for Winter NAMM 2019

We just need to ensure the Kazoo is silenced...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
44 days to go...

and that just goes to show you the nord lead 4 is STILL amazing...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Incredible Waldorf Kyra Has Landed - NAMM 2019
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Full 1 to 1 interface would be great...
A Minatuar with a Release knob is all I could ever ask for
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajor Hill View Post
Id like to add that arturia is going to do something BIG this time
A MatrixPoly would be an instabuy
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
Dan will re-emerge, as part of a boyband with Jacob Brashears
last i heard some dude threatened to run down on him at naam regarding some mpc update and dude went into hiding or akai put dude in witness protection
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermass View Post
I'd like to see:

at least a Boutique JV1010/2080 with all of the SRJV cards in tow.
this boutique might actually be one i would buy, despite not liking that format at all.

Quote:

Maybe, just maybe, Arturia will announce a Minifreak;
i'm sure they will recycle that tech in other products. maybe a standalone keyboard controller with that touch interface and that random/arp thing baked in. but when they launched the microfreak it seemed like a new design language which might lead ud to think a new line of digital gear (for which i'm all for)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermass View Post
I'd like to see:

Arturia Keystep Pro with more keys, proper pitch/mod wheels, a few knobs/pads, an LCD, SD card storage, arpeggiator "styles" (aka drum kits, strings, etc) and a sequencer with a linear multitrack song mode (wishful thinking).

...snip...

Korg Volca Wave vector synth module.

...snip...

Cheers.
I love both of these - you have made some great recomendations for KeyStep Pro; I will say I like the ribbons, but other than that I like your suggestions. Maybe I would add a ribbon across the top of the keys that seem to be gaining prominence now.

I love the idea of a Volca Wave. I always wanted either a Wavestation or Sequential Prophet VS back in the day.

Cheers indeed!
Paul
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I need to post some motivational videos at some point. Those 70/80's leotard types...

I suspect September this year was the gear they really wanted ready for Winter NAMM 2019

We just need to ensure the Kazoo is silenced...
Why did Fox on the Run by the Sweet show up in my mind's eye with this 70s Leotard imagery?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

That is clever my friend! Heck - give it Microfreak like keyboard in its response and we'd be definitely seeing some interesting stuff...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmboos View Post
Why did Fox on the Run by the Sweet show up in my mind's eye with this 70s Leotard imagery?
Tight fitting pants and long hair...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I think September was the big announcement month this year, if I'm remembering right.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

That is the baddest ass keytar I have ever seen.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Rob Lowe View Post
That is the baddest ass keytar I have ever seen.
OK I may not agree with that, as I think this is the baddest ass one...

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

43 days to go...

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I would like to see a MIDI2.0 demo with interoperability test of competitors like Avid/Yamaha, Arturia/Ni.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
I would like to see a MIDI2.0 demo with interoperability test of competitors like Avid/Yamaha, Arturia/Ni.
You know I don't think I have given the fact that the new spec came out since it was announced. Has anyone announced a piece of gear with it? Has anyone played with it to know how well backwards compatibility is?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Korg Volca Drum Drum Machine NAMM 2019
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Korg is teasing somthing... link
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

KORG's teaser sounds very good. If it's a son of Kronos, it should be killer. If it's a VA, it sounds admirable. If it's a polyanalog on the scale of a Trident, PS-3200/3300, or an ARP/Rhodes Chroma, they have a good chance of winning NAMM.

Edit: After going back and looking at the video again, it looks like a synth, and is purported to be a "legendary synthesizer recreation." With what looks to me to be a slightly curved frame on the left side and what seems to be a full sized 61 (?) note keyboard, I'm thinking it could be a Chroma/Polaris reboot with more bells and whistles, maybe with some Trident/Polysix bells and whistles.

Edit some more: The site Gear News has hypergamma'd the shadowy image in the Instagram video and revealed a synth that looks a lot like a Triton. So... a workstation after all? A Chroma II after all, seeing as the Chroma had a spartan panel too? The joystick is an interesting raised pyramid-looking thing, perhaps with tactile plates on the four faces. NAMM has at least one thing to be curious about.

Last edited by synthguy; 1 week ago at 04:44 AM.. Reason: I like to overthink everything, a lot
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search