The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM 2020 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Nut
To throw in something realistic:

Novation could update the Launchkey range that is still on Mk. II. I need a small full size controller with just (good) keys, wheels, Midi out and a bunch of knobs. The addition of the Midi out and slight build quality upgrade on the Launchkey Mini Mk. III makes me want to wait and see what's coming. A smaller SL could be interesting as well. But I guess the question for Novation then would be what functions to strip away from the bigger SLs to fit the format.

Of course Arturia could make a full size Keystep. I'd certainly prefer 2.5 octaves. The Keystep is what I use at the moment. Or Roland or Yamaha bring out something. Yamaha currently doesn't even offer a Midi controller without internal preset sounds and the Rolands S Pro series is actually not bad but could get a slight update after about 10 years, too.

To venture into unrealistic wish territory: 2.5 octaves full size Fatar TP/9 () with midi out, actual wheels and four to 16 knobs. Add, pads, arpeggiator and sequencer to taste. Don't ruin it by adding features that don't work as expected or subpar components (faders, pads). Good build quality and sober design. Ideally small enough to fit on a desk next other stuff and a big backpack. Make a five octave version as well. Charge whatever you want. They will sell. Especially if you throw in a simple sequencer.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

A full size keystep pro with a more sophisticated multi track sequencer would be nice indeed.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Had the old Blofeld out for the first time in a while. Still a great machine and really deserves a "2".
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
I think it would be a bit weird to have a System 16 with the Jupiters out. Even though the System 8 is allegedly more sophisticated synthesis. [...]
Yeah, that's part of why I suggest doubling down on the modular aspects. It's something the JPs, or anything else in their catalog, don't do, giving the SYSTEMs a more distinct place in their product line. JPs for the nostalgic keyboardists, SYSTEMs for the adventurous knob twiddlers.
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Well, something unexpected from right field is a possible new synth from Tom Oberheim, with the name Oberheim proudly on display. I wonder if he swept Jacob Brashears under his wing... hmm...
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

34 days to go...

Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

Suddenly lots of peeps viewing this thread...
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Head

Should I ditch my expectations for a new Elektron gear?
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

No...
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Not really new gear, being posted before xmas on a gear site ;-)

Old 2 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
No...
What would be the recommended level of expectation?
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigui View Post
What would be the recommended level of expectation?
Press [PARAMETER] + [YES] to randomize...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search