The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question on ERM multi clock and midi clocks in general
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Question on ERM multi clock and midi clocks in general

I’m a little confused on how this would work with my set up, or if it would and if it would be beneficial.

Say I wanted to tighten my clock integration between my Akai force and my external synths, and possibly a sequencer like the digitakt, would something like the erm multi clock be beneficial? How would I go about setting something like that up.

Thanks, and sorry if this stuff has been asked to death
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The ERM works best when a DAW is the master. It generates an audio sync pulse from its own VST that is sent out from a channel of your audio interface and received by the ERM, which in turn spits out 4 streams of midi with individual swing / latency adjustment.
The ERM tracks the pulse immediately but distributes the clocked signal a half-bar later which allows you to move each stream forward and backward in relation to the beat, locking your external sources to the grid.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search